GTP Cool Wall: 1968-1974 Chevrolet Nova SS

1968-1974 Chevrolet Nova SS

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's probably one of only cars owned by anyone in my family that I'll actually vote cool. I love these things.
Though, that's not why I voted cool. I think the styling is nice and and I can imagine these things looking very cool when cruising around town. It's also another car I can imagine enjoying on a sunday on a back road.

It's actually "No va" but the joke still goes.
I honestly never heard that joke before.

B-list muscle cars are usually cool.

Your standard Nova tends to be owned by some dude in a wife beater who has more money in the headers that are dragging on speedbumps than the entire interior. I usually don't see clean examples outside of car shows.

Not sure yet.

Seriously uncool because muscle car...errr, compact car? There are only a handful of muscle cars that I would actually consider cool and this isn't one of them. Also I can't really think of any example I've ever seen that hasn't been owned by some guy that thinks loud, trashy exhausts sound cool and likes to do burnout in car show parking lots which results in everyone getting kicked out.

Uncool. Most of the people I've met who owned these (apart from two people) are the people who think they've got a gold mine on their hands, then get all mad when they see another one at a car show.

I don't like how they look as much as I like Chevelles, but they're much lighter which I do like, so cool

I'm pretty sure the joke is that Nova sounds the same as "no va".

Yes, I know, but it doesn't mean that in spanish. Ironically, we had a Mexico-only edition of the disco Nova era called Malibu Rally which was one of the fastest cars of it's era in here.

These cars are stupid popular this side of the pond for obvious reasons. Pretty much a mini Chevelle and they are everywhere.

Also you forgot to show the facelift in the OP for 73-74

Back