GTP Cool Wall: 1987-1994 Grumman Long Life Vehicle

1987-1994 Grumman Long Life Vehicle

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nobody at Royal Mail has ever has to use something like that.

Right-hand drive in America, made by Grumman.

image.jpg

This is seriously uncool...

No matter what you happen to be wearing, stepping out of the vehicle will look out of place..

Unless you are the president of the US of A, or a celebrity, driving this right hand drive will always be uncool...

Yea yea yea, i heard about the F14, but still...

I would rather be driving the Renault Avantime.

I still see these things on the road all the time. Stupid reliable. Meh.

Also.

5956d1310877047-pictures-unusual-jeep-cjs-mailjeep_dj5_jeeprod1.jpg

5957d1310877047-pictures-unusual-jeep-cjs-mailjeep_dj5_jeeprod2.jpg

Guess it is used for the "express deliveries"

Nobody at Royal Fail has ever has to use something like that.

No, you have red vans with a black and white can and guy called pat.
images

"Everybody knows his bright red van"

Like you can with every other vehicle ever made.
My point is that it would be more odd to see a more powerful V8 engine swapped delivery van than an engine swapped V8 Nissan for example. It's also not necessarily true that you can engine swap every single car ever made.

Actualy it is.

But doing so on some would be pointless as there would be too much to alter.

If a lawnmower motor will fit in it, you can swap it.

If an electric hub motor will fit and there's space for a battery, you can swap it.

You can stick an engine on a bicycle, for crying out loud.

So voting cool on what amounts to a road-going tractor just because there's the remotest hint of the possibility of putting a V8 in one is kind of... meh. Just like the van.

It doesn't even have iconic styling, like a milkvan or other service vehicles... it's just... again... a road-going tractor with a body on it.

Why are such ridiculous cars being requested?

Because people want to request them, and have every right to do so.

The real Cool Wall on Top Gear

Implying that this wall used to arbitrarily measure an aesthetic is somehow less real than an earlier wall used to arbitrarily measure an aesthetic.

What happened to polling cars?

Nothing.

Not rocket.. Things, not commercial vehicles, not ridiculous cars related to the Sunbird, but actual normal cars that others might be interested in knowing the coolness of?cars?

While the road legal rocket car was certainly by no means normal, it's still a car. Commercial vehicle is a broad term, and while I would agree that lorries aren't really cars, I'd personally argue that vans are just an extremely practical variant on them. I struggle to think of a more normal (and rubbish) car than a J-Body. The fact that these cars are being nominated and voted on suggests that people are interested in "knowing" the coolness of them.

If the nominations continue to be so ridiculous then I think I'm going to stop checking in on cool wall threads.

Which you have every right to do.

No, I mean there are better Iron Dukes that could potentially be swapped in.

The existence of the M3 doesn't make an automatic transmission 316i convertible any faster... or cooler.... even if you could swap the M3 drivetrain into it.

This is seriously uncool...

No matter what you happen to be wearing, stepping out of the vehicle will look out of place..

Unless you are the president of the US of A, or a celebrity, driving this right hand drive will always be uncool...

Stepping out into a traffic filled street every 1/4 of a mile and making people wait for the Post Man to get to the other side is uncool.

"Long Life" has a certain irony to me, because it seems like the sort of vehicle that in the movies would be used to commit a murder or a kidnapping. Uncool.

Back