GTP Cool Wall: 1990-1995 Alfa Romeo 33 Sportwagon

1990-1995 Alfa Romeo 33 Sportwagon

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Alfa Romeo? Check. Oddball motor selection? Check. Multiple drivetrains? Check. Available as a wagon? Check. Manual? Check. Very high cool, nearly sub zero. Low performance drops the rating a bit but still one of the coolest 80's Italian cars out there.

Somehow they hade a recipe for success...and ruined it. It's a wagon, its an Alfa, it should be instant Sub-Zero...but it has a beige-tastic design and no sporty traits at all.

Uncool.

Alfa's from the 90's are uncool
The 156, launched in 1998, disagrees:
alfa-romeo-156.jpg
As does the 145 Cloverleaf, the 89-91 SZ, the GTV and the 164 Quadrifoglio Verde. I'd probably throw the 155 Silverstone in there too given its BTCC and ITCC success in the mid-90s.

So are most of the downvotes (especially from those who approve of wagons and Alfas individually) based on the way this car looks? Just curious.

So are most of the downvotes (especially from those who approve of wagons and Alfas individually) based on the way this car looks? Just curious.
I think that too, but I do understand the point,as it was made during a not-so-bright part of Alfa's history. It wasn't that powerful either, but it still did its job very well, and it was very confortable.

Seems that way. I don't mind the looks personally. It's nothing special, but it amuses me when certain people in the thread are calling it "boring" or "ugly" given some of the cars they've praised in the past. Personal taste is a funny thing...

It's an Alfa. It's a wagon. It looks cool.

But the powerplant is not cool. Overall, it's still cool to me...barely. It's looks save it from meh.

I don't understand how some find this car unique. It screams quite the opposite to me. Just because an automaker makes a car you haven't heard of, doesn't mean it's unique. It even looks like Alfa Romeo was trying to be as bland and unremarkable as possible too.

Latest Posts

Back