Orange County, NY
GTP_GT916
Nii916
1993-2000 Aston Martin V8 Vantage nominated by @ThrasherDBS
SD.jpg

Engines:
5.3L Twin Supercharged V8
Power: V550: 557 hp; V600: 604 hp
Torque: V550: 555 lb-ft.; V600: 600 lb-ft.
Weight: 1990 kg
Transmission: 6-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front engine, rear wheel drive
Body Styles: 2-door coupe, 2-door convertible
Additional Info: "High performance model of the Virage. 280 examples were produced, 40 of which were the V600 LeMans Vantage. The V550s had a top speed of 186 mph and the V600 had a claimed top speed of 200 mph."​
800px-AM_Vantage_V550.jpg

3a0432f446.jpg

1116_1.jpg

Aston_Martin_Vantage_Short_Chassis_01pop.jpg

ASTONMARTINV8VantageLemans-1495_1.jpg

ASTONMARTINV8Vantage-1499_4.jpg

Last edited:
It's not Dalton. But it is exemplary all on its own. The best Aston Martin from the 1990s.

Sub Zero

I do like the front of these cars a lot, the rear ruins it for me looks wise. Performance wise I love the fact that it's twin supercharged, as mentioned above, but I do not like the fact that it weighs nearly 2 tonnes, you'd probably feel it a lot more in a car of this age than you would in a newer car, I like cars to be as light as possible or at least feel light. Overall I give it a solid cool.

Super powerful and a great engine. Stylish is OK in my opinion, there are some things I like, and some things I don't like. Very iconic Aston Martin though.

Cool.

Probably the most appropriate design for a car of that calibre at the time. Brash, muscular and not in the least bit pretty (x1000 for the Le Mans pig-nose). But an all-round stunner just the same.

Cool.

I've always felt the Virage to be ugly as sin but this to be utterly beautiful.

Softening the edges really did help with the late-90s V8 Coupe. It's just a shame they ruined the front with such a nasty wire mesh grille.

One of the more powerful cars to come out of the 90's.

Big, heavy and boosted, all wrapped up in a good looking GT body. ;)

Definitely a Sub Zero from me. :D:tup:

Would love one

but, after the Virage (which I know it is based on) it is the least cool Aston Martin, probably ever.

uncool

One hell of a car in terms of weight. But the engine that brings with it, this is a beast. Packing a LOT of power in that V8.

That's a Sub-Zero for me, very memorable car.

When I was a kid, either @homeforsummer or I had a Top Gear calender in which one of the photos was a V8 Vantage shot square on from the rear laying a huge, smoky set of elevens on the road. At the time it was the coolest thing I'd ever seen. I still want one.

Massive on-road presence. Those things are huge. As Liquid said, so much better resolved than the Virage it was based on. It's a proper old-school Aston Martin too, plus they sound epic with that big V8 and the whine from it's twin superchargers. Not a car for shrinking violets.

Doesn't look pretty but it has presence and it moves like plop off a shovel especially considering how much it weighs!

SZ.

Let's see. Big as a house. Heavy as a house. Twin supercharged V8 with ridiculous amount of power. Manual.. Ok, it's one of the last proper Aston Martins, thus, Sub Zero.

A car with so much testosterone women standing within 50 yards get instantly pregnant. Huge, brutish, wonderful. Only the fact that the AM V8 is cooler stops it being SZ for me.

When I was a kid, either @homeforsummer or I had a Top Gear calender in which one of the photos was a V8 Vantage shot square on from the rear laying a huge, smoky set of elevens on the road. At the time it was the coolest thing I'd ever seen. I still want one.
I had the same calendar and I think it was a V600.

I remember that image, pretty sure it was a V600 as well.

I never liked these when I was younger - I was introduced to the brand via GT1, and liked the DB7 more, especially with the V12 - but the looks have grown on me over the years. It's not pretty, but it's still well-proportioned, and has massive amounts of presence. Someone who drives this doesn't give a crap about appearances the same way someone buying a modern Vanquish probably does. @Beeblebrox237 is right; a great muscle car.

SZ.

Didn't like these things when they were new. IMO one of the ugliest Astons ever, and the design hasn't aged well. Good power for coming from the 90's though.

Meh.

Back