United States
New York
Jahgee1124
1998-2006 Audi TT (Mk1) nominated by @Katiegan
L-Audi-TT-3.2-Quattro-Red.jpg

Engines:
1.8L Turbo I4, 3.2L V6 (VR6)
Power: 1.8T: 148-237 hp; VR6: 247 hp
Torque: 1.8T: 155-236 lb-ft.; VR6: 236 lb-ft.
Weight: 1280-1490 kg
Transmission: 5-speed manual, 6-speed manual, 6-speed manumatic, 6-speed semi-automatic
Drivetrain: Front engine, rear wheel drive/Front engine, four wheel drive
Body Styles: 2-door coupe, 2-door roadster​

The TT has definitely grown on me in the past few months since I started working with them. A solid cool, especially the 3.2 models. I love the bumpers on them, the spoiler, and of course, they sound pretty mean too. :dopey:

They were cool for a time. Then it became Audi's flagship Midlife Crisis model until the sleeker replacement arrived.

Uncool.

Ugly car with a gimmicky shape. Mostly appealed to estate agents as far as I could tell. Around here many can now be found lingering in Tesco's car parks at 11pm. Seriously, deeply uncool.

Arguably the car most responsible for Audi finally emerging from the rubble of it's late-80s "unintended acceleration" disaster. Certainly the first Audi after that to grab widespread attention in the US.

It's good-looking, and has aged fairly well. It could be had with a VR6 and quattro AWD; to this very-biased observer, that's always cool.

NOTE: @Jahgee1124 OP mistakenly says it was RWD. As a platform mate of the Golf, it's FWD.

Initially I was thinking along the lines of voting cool. It is undoubtedly a stylish car, especially so when it was first released. I've driven one before, and although it was a little numb, I liked it, thanks to a decent turn of speed, but mainly the gorgeous interior which made it feel really special.

However, the fact that it became such an instant style icon almost single-handedly turned Audi from a third choice premium brand behind Merc and BMW into the car that every dreary middle-management type aspires to most. Basically, the Audi TT is the biggest reason that every current Audi is (seriously) uncool.

Unreliable Golf in an ugly dress. Also replaced the MX-5 as the go to car for hairdressers. :P

Never liked them.

Uncool.

They were cool when they were launched. After that they have been the stereotypical mid-life crises first choice. As of today they are uncool, but I do believe it will become kinda cool in the future

Guy that lived on my street growing up bought one for a mid life crisis, and he always did the whole smug "be careful around the car" thing when we'd play road hockey 30m from his driveway. Seriously uncool.

Cool because of the 3.2 Quattro version and that the standard ones weren't a bad steer, Seriously Uncool because the 8J looks far more handsome, and as far as "sports" cars are concerned it wasn't a particularly good match against the generally RWD competition.

Levels out to an Uncool.

The affordable choice for the..

Oh, Boaty.. I'm always gonna take care of you.
YOU'RE THE BEST BOAT IN THE DEEP BLIE SEA!

*kisses gear stick*

Cool. Also, it was offered in FF/AWD guise, not FR/AWD.. Not to mention that the 1.8t 20v could deliver some serious power when tickled.

VR6, Quattro traction and solid looks? Great.
Early cars's handling problems, hairdresser vibes and c--k status? Less great.

Regardless, it is a good car, not my favorite coupe but a good one nevertheless. Just beware of the c---s and the handling issues. It's a cool for me.

Hate them but they are objectively cool. Especially when they came out.

SVX
That's how voting's done, people. 👍

With that in mind though, it's far easier to think of cars you love but you know are uncool than it is to think of cars you hate but begrudge to be cool.

Back