GTP Cool Wall: 2000-2007 Ford Mondeo

2000-2007 Ford Mondeo

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wait, there are people who actually think that this is the same as a Mk1 Focus with a facelift? People are that thick?

Such a brilliant car - not great interior quality/finish compared to Audi's, and the engines were nowhere near best in class, but so good in every other area... fantastic steering/drive train/handling, loads of room inside, well built and reasonably handsome for a 4 door rep-mobile (a ST Estate in the right colour still looks really good to my eyes).

Saddled with the rep-mobile baggage and just too common to be cool, but too good in every other area to uncool.

Meh.

I just put meh, there's not really much of anything to make it cool or uncool. It's just a meh family car, much like any other normal family car.

Though, I still find it funny on how the facelifted Focus sold in the US looks so much like this Mondeo. Though, it wouldn't be the first time Ford has given 2 of their cars similar styling.

EDIT: I will note that I actually like this generation of the Mondeo; I kinda wish Ford kept sold this generation in the US as the Contour again.

Last edited:
Very solid car and I like the styling, but it's still a relatively modern generic family/fleet car, which means it can't possibly exceed a Meh.

Back