Engines:
2.0L Turbo H4 (Subaru EJ20)
Power: 280 hp
Torque: 260 lb-ft.
Weight: 1295 kg
Transmission: 5-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front engine, four wheel drive
Body Styles: 2-door coupe
Additional Info: "Commissioned by Subaru's UK division, Prodrive built 1,000 P1 models as both a showcase of their capabilities and to try and sway people from importing the high-performance STi models, which were taking sales away from the UK-market Impreza Turbo. Based on the JDM WRX STi Type R coupe, the P1 boasted finely tuned suspension specifically set up for British roads, special aero appendages designed by McLaren F1 designer Peter Stevens, Recaro front seats and alcantara interior accenting. Along with the 22B, the P1 is held in high regard by both Impreza fans as well as Prodrive themselves, who named the P2 concept car as a nod to this car's cult status."​
p1-3-jpg.363319

p1-5-jpg.363327

p1-2-jpg.363318

p1-4-jpg.363320

spooxinterior-jpg.363321

I love it. However you would have to explain why it's not just a Subaru with some plastic bits on it.

Uncool.

"I drive a Subaru Impreza WRX STI Prodrive P1."

Not that anything after WRX matters anymore as you've already gone far past the vague line between uncool and seriously uncool.

I saw one of these very recently. Exquisite car. But of all the places to see an Impreza P1, I saw it in a showroom, which is a good indicator of the type of car this is.

Seriously Uncool

"I drive a Subaru Impreza WRX STI Prodrive P1."

Not that anything after WRX matters anymore as you've already gone far past the vague line between uncool and seriously uncool.

If it takes the edge off of it, Subaru's official name for the car was just the Impreza P1. As far as their marketing was concerned, the WRX or STI tags weren't supposed to be a thing in the UK, which is what drove the development of this car in the first place (not that it worked, mind you).

As for me, I'll give it a low cool. Most have been looked after well enough and untouched, which means people can tell it isn't owned by some yoof in a snapback. Plus, the styling isn't that overly in your face and actually looks really good from an objective view, which is unusual for an Impreza. The wing is probably the most brash addition, but even that isn't as big as the one on the STi it was based on.

As pointed out above however, they are quickly becoming investments which isn't cool. Nowhere near as bad as a 22B though. And inevitably, some will find the aero appendages a bit too much to stomach which is totally justified.

Its better than the P1 McLaren, but still looks like an STi. But the lack of pink badging saves it and propels it into low cool.

It's a Scooby so it's fairly cool in a hooligan sort of way. As good as the P1 is, it disappears in the crowd amongst all the modified mob in the UK, and although this is by far the prettiest model, it's still no better than a meh from me.

Last edited:
Sub-Zero because of rally heritage. Any car that has good handling gets at least a low cool in my book.

I always found the Impreza Coupe of this generation weird because it lacks the more Musculer lines of the 22B.

Just like the Mustang, uncool because the Impreza is a popular entry level sports car that has attracted a crowd of knobs.

But Zenith this is a P1 blah blah Pro-drive blah blah McLaren blah blah R-type blah blah...

Boy you sound cool explaining that.

Back