Engines:
2.8L Turbo V6
Power: 2005-2007: 252 hp; 2007-2009: 276 hp
Torque: 262 lb-ft.
Weight: 1393 kg
Transmission: 6-speed manual, 6-speed automatic
Drivetrain: Front engine, front wheel drive
Body Styles: 5-door saloon hatchback​

As a supporter of the Mondeo, this is my worst enemy. It gets some respect for being a VXR, but it's still uncool.

It's like a European GTP-trim Pontiac. I've spared it an uncool vote because it has a turbo V6 instead of a supercharged V8. Meh.

Turbo V6? COO-

Vauxhall.
FWD.
Vectra.
SU.

Edit- Not all FWD's are uncool, but in the order I placed them, I refer to it as a FWD Vauxhall.

Last edited:
Front wheel drive can massively improve the following according to rigorous experiments I have performed in my head:

Microwave ovens
Labradors
Newfoundland and Labrador
Lamborghini Miuras
Tea cosies
Spelling
Filing cabinets
Hamburgers
Billy Mays

AND MANY MORE!

Uncool. Typical boring 4 door sedan with nothing that makes it stick out in a crowd over average cars.

Seriously Uncool. Vauxhalls aren't that bad these days, but the Vectra was a truly special piece of engineering, as in, no-one knew it was possible to make a car with absolutely no redeeming or vaguely exciting features. The one person I knew who drove this gen of Vectra was an absolute 🤬, and they're getting to the sort of price (eg. £1k) now where chavs buy them up and 'pimp' them (if they will indeed lower themselves to that level). Add to that the fact that it's a dull, cheap saloon with an interior that can probably cause depression, and it's only saving grace is 270hp shoved through the front wheels with almost legendary under-steery effect, it goes off the bottom of the cool scale.

And who are the 3 people who voted cool?!

I'm almost willing to vote cool because it will torque steer you into every fence, hedge, tree, ditch, and road sign when you drive it. Plus cars that don't make an ounce of sense are typically cool, but I wouldn't even know how to start explaining this car to someone if they asked me what it was without sounding like a supreme dork.

Cool because BTCC version exists. But the BTCC version actually bothered to try and make corners though.

Latest Posts

Back