• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jahgee

(Banned)
United States
New York
Jahgee1124
2005-2011 Bugatti Veyron EB 16.4 nominated by @Doodle
800px-Bugatti_Veyron_16.4_%E2%80%93_Frontansicht_%281%29%2C_5._April_2012%2C_D%C3%BCsseldorf.jpg

Production: 2005-2011
Style: 2 door coupe
Engine: 8.0L Quad-Turbo W16
Transmission: 7 speed sequential
Layout: Mid Engine, All Wheel Drive
Power Output: 1001 HP

I really don't like this car. In fact, I hate it. Every single time cars are brought up when I'm talking to someone, I hear "Bugatti". Whenever my friend are playing NFS on their phones, they pick the Bugatti "because it's fast." Whenever top speed records are brought up, you hear "Bugatti". It annoys me and it'll never stop. Seriously Uncool.

I can see why car fans dislike it, because as a car it doesn't particularly excite and both the casual and rich boy crowd like it too much. But looking at it as a feat of engineering, it's not half bad...
Plus I hang around a crowd that have known it as the pinnacle of car performance for a long time - it's what they all want most of all. And, to be fair, I wouldn't exactly mind having one myself.
By the way, I think the concept of snobbery is just selfish and therefore I ignore it when rating cars like this that get exposed to it.

I'll give it a cool, thanks.

Seriously uncool because:
1-Modern bugatti
2-People around here thinks this is faster than any other car on the nurburgring
3-You'll never see one being pushed hard on a track
4-Nfs fan boys think this is the best thing ever made with wheels

An engineering masterpiece. 250mph and 1,000bhp in a road-legal factory car? A Volkswagen? Those are some big achievements. Heck, that's practically unheard of even today.

Said achievements have resulted in a following of idiotic number-touting children, so seriously uncool without a doubt.

I actually quite like the Bugatti. Not like "ZOMG I WOKE UP IN A NEW BUGATTI YO", but as an engineering marvel, I can appreciate it. I also don't mind how it looks. However, rappers and children are the primary demographics for this car, and that can't be cool no matter how awesome the car is. But it could always be a Lamborghini "Mercy", which is probably the least cool car in existence for the same reason, yet it also doesn't do anything except scissor doors and the color orange all that well.

Sympathetic uncool.

Anyway, I voted Sub Zero because this is essentially the Michael Bay movie of cars, you can hate on it all you want, but at the end of the day you have to appreciate it

And the controversy begins :P

Ooh, my 666th post. Bad omen for the Veyon, methinks.

Well, to start it looks like a beached whale on four wheels, it has some of the most annoying fanboys of the car world (Nissan GT-R being second; I like the GT-R, but some of the fanboys piss me off), can't go around a turn at the same speeds that other supercars can, and Volkswagen has to get into an ego-fit when another car attempts to beat the Veyron's top speed record.

*Bugatti states Veyron SS owners aren't allowed to go over 253 MPH in their cars
*Other supercar hits slightly under 267 MPH
Bugatti: "BULL:censored:! Uhh... Yeah, Veyron SS owners can get their cars to 267 if they pay us a little extra to unlock the top speed mode! WE HAVE THE BEST SUPERCAR IN THE WORLD!"

Seriously uncool.

How much of an engineering marvel is the Veyron though? Yes it's got big numbers, but what did it bring to the table that was new, other than showing the world that you could charge that much for a car, and people will pay it. To me (and I've said this before) it seems like doing more, with more... not doing more, with less, which is proper engineering in my books. With the financial and technical resources available to it, the Bugatti represents the culmination of a lot of very good engineering departments working together, with a fat cheque book from VW... but nothing truly revolutionary.

I also don't much like the way it looks, the special editions are played out, I've seen a total of three in the wild (all belonging to current or ex-racing drivers BTW) and they've left me pretty un-moved.

It's not a bad car, I don't hate it, but it's about bragging rights, and braggers aren't cool... though I don't think it's possible to deny that it'll be a properly iconic car for longer than petrol driven internal combustion engines will be around!

Overhyped, overrated* hypercar that VAG spent years trying to develop as a way of breaking a speed record without sacrificing refinement. Then became a Million Pound must-have accessory for the 00s upper crust who wanted to lay claim to their own +1000bhp lump of rolling composite, and the one Bugatti any average person would think of when asked about the marque nowadays. Seriously Uncool.

*Quite possibly the most overrated car anyone has developed.

Last edited:
One of the most impressive engineering feats in automotive history. The combination of luxury, technology, and sheer brute power is something truly amazing.

Seriously uncool.

GTPlanet Logic

Car that only car guys know about and love = Seriously Uncool
Car that everyone knows about = Seriously Uncool
Not really. Only car guys really know and love the Miura but it's one of the coolest cars there is. Even if you don't know about it, there's a special quality about it that is easy to appreciate. The car guy cars that are uncool are the ones that require you to explain a bunch of geeky codes and model variants to appreciate it. Not sure where you got that everyone knows about it = seriously uncool either. The Fiat 500, Mini Cooper, Willys Jeep, Shelby Cobra, Plymouth Superbird, C1/C2 Corvette, etc. are all some of the most well known cars there are and were voted Sub Zero or cooler.

Well known doesn't mean uncool. The Fiat 500 is cool because it's iconic as a people's car with timeless styling. It was a car that normal people used for normal things, and it's aged into an adorable classic car that everyone's happy to see, and you don't have to spend absurd amounts of money to own and maintain one. The Bugatti is uncool because it's a ridiculously showy display of obscene wealth, 12 year olds fawn over it, and it's the automotive equivalent of a dick measuring contest.

The Fiat 500 is the guy that brings pizza in to work for everyone on a Friday. The Bugatti is the guy who brings in $300 worth of sushi on Monday and talks about how much better it is than the pizza from Friday.

Last edited:
Well known doesn't mean uncool. The Fiat 500 is cool because it's iconic, and was a people's car with timeless styling. The Bugatti is uncool because it's a ridiculously showy display of obscene wealth, 12 year olds fawn over it, and it's the automotive equivalent of a dick measuring contest.

I'm not so sure you can argue that the Veyron is not iconic in it's own way. I can guarantee that people will remember the Veyron for a very, very long time. Like it or not, it's the Mclaren F1 of our era.

I'm not so sure you can argue that the Veyron is not iconic in it's own way. I can guarantee that people will remember the Veyron for a very, very long time. Like it or not, it's the Mclaren F1 of our era.

Yeah the Veyron will be remembered for a long time as well. I guess I should have rephrased that, iconic doesn't mean cool, but the Fiat is iconic for the right reasons, while the Veyron is iconic for being fast and expensive.

This is the car that became so ingrained in car history so quickly it became a fad.

Because of this, wannabe showoff 9 year-olds who want to appear as though they have an inkling about what defines a "good" or "cool" car latch themselves onto the Veyron, all because they are mesmerised by a statistic they stumbled across in the cheapest "SUPERCARS"/"Dream Cars" book imaginable.

The absolute, scraping the barrel, lowest of lows, the be all and end all definition of seriously uncool.

Something tells me that if I were a car person first, I would find it SU. But actually, I'm not a car person first so I give it leeway.

Also, on the colour thing, I think the Veyron actually looks half decent with black body, red sides. The carbon SS paint job (with orange splash) looked OK as well I guess.

Back