GTP Cool Wall: 2007+ Volvo S80

2007+ Volvo S80

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
V8 or no, the S80 gets a 'meh'. I don't know, the styling is even blander than that of a modern Audi - and that's saying something. Might be a perfectly good car, but I'd forget about having seen one the second it leaves my field of view. And that's just not cool.

It's a good and quality built car, that doesn't make it cool and not boring. Also there have been V8 options for many cars, that were just as boring as this and having the package didn't make them any cooler

The I5 and I6 (transverse!) are more interesting than some overrated 8-cylinder layout. It's crazy how they were able to fit the 3.2L six in there.

In my opinion, Volvos are never boring. But this one isn't special enough to be cool.

For me it goes to uncool via meh. Not seriously uncool, it's not a hippie car, a Honda, or a Toyota Camry, but it just isn't noticeable enough to be cool. V8/AWD almost approaches cool, but once again no one will look twice, unless the Volvo badging gets thier attention for some reason.

Went with cool since I'm not a huge 'meh' option fan. It's not the typical BMW, Audi, or Mercedes and it's Swedish which definitely help out it's coolness.

I wanted to vote cool and then realized the fact that myself and other Volvo geeks think it's cool means it's actually uncool.

Volvo geeks are the coolest people ever, I should know :P

I'll just leave this here...

I came here with the intention to post the exact same video... but despite the music unleashed, this car was designed from the ground up to be comfy, safe , reasurring, and unassuming, therefore it can never be anything else above or below Meh...

At best this car can only be a sleeper... and the whole purpose of a sleeper is to not draw attention... this car is so good at being a sleeper it deserves a Meh

Last edited:
Seriously uncool.

I've never been a fan of Volvos, but at least they tend to be distinctive. But this one? It looks like a rebadged Toyota-something-or-other; it's got less character than a 2005 Buick Lesabre in beige. It's as if they put so much effort into following the leader and being bland and inoffensive that they circled back around to offensively bland.

Good looking and fine performing Volvo, but has very little character, though more interesting than the standard Germans.

Meh.

Back