GTP Cool Wall: 2012 Toyota Mark X +M SuperCharger

2012 Toyota Mark X +M SuperCharger

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This makes me think of what a modern Toyota Chaser would be and look like... Oh wait cause that is basically what this is, and doing a performance version of it makes sense and gets back to the idea of the former Chaser.

This car has a bit of what makes the Chaser SZ and the performance of it helps even more so. Cool Toyota basically that shouts out to the days they sat at the top of the food chain.

Cool because Toyota Mark. Not SZ because no JZ.

There are awfully lot of Marks around me (and Mark X's, too), but not many of them are turbocharged. *pshh-pshh*
VFEo7TQcTdI.jpg

Enough good stuff on it to pull it out of uncool. Which is a lot of merit for a modern Toyota.

I'm just seeing an unremarkable and dull 4-door Toyota saloon/sedan. Guess i'm just not JDM fanboi enough. Uncool.

Why Toyota don't sell something like that here I don't know!

They do. It's called the Lexus IS.

Last edited:
What? The Lexus IS is nowhere like the Mark X in terms of dimensions, and I don't think we ever had an IS with a supercharger option before.

It's between an IS and a GS in length and wheelbase. Its near enough the same width and height as an IS. It's the same market segment, certainly at least classed the same as the bigger GS.

The fact it was only produced for 1 year brings it down for me. Makes it clear they wanted it to be an exclusivity for geeky Toyota fanboys rather then a genuine competitor in the luxury sports sedan segment. I think I'll give it a Meh.

The fact it was only produced for 1 year brings it down for me. Makes it clear they wanted it to be an exclusivity for geeky Toyota fanboys rather then a genuine competitor in the luxury sports sedan segment. I think I'll give it a Meh.

This particular limited edition was only produced for one year. The Mark X has actually been on sale since 2004, the second generation on which this is based being sold since 2009.

Latest Posts

Back