GTP Cool Wall: 2012+ Volkswagen Jetta GLI (A6)

• Thread starter Jahgee
  • 63 comments

2012+ Volkswagen Jetta GLI (A6)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jahgee

(Banned)
United States
New York
Jahgee1124
2012+ Volkswagen Jetta GLI (A6) nominated by @NoobMan DS
7069825269_051fb03f1c_o-jpg.242537

Engines:
2.0L Turbo I4
Power: 2012: 200 hp; 2013+: 210 hp
Torque: 207 lb-ft.
Weight: 1432 kg
Transmission: 6-speed manual, 6-speed semi-automatic
Drivetrain: Front engine, front wheel drive
Body Styles: 4-door sedan​
01-2012-volkswagen-jetta-gli-chicago-2011.jpg

2012-Volkswagen-Jetta-Sedan-Image-01.jpg

05-2012-volkswagen-jetta-gli-chicago-2011.jpg

2013-volkswagen-jetta-gli-rear-three-quarters.jpg
2013-volkswagen-jetta-gli-interior-photo-498303-s-1280x782.jpg

2012-Volkswagen-Jetta-GLI-steering-wheel.jpg

Might be a good performance car, but it looks rather dull, and will most likely fall apart after 100.000 miles. A meh from me. Don`t hate it, but I don`t like it eiher.

It's a mode of transportation. But not particularly good looking. Not particularly great numbers. Just meh.

Reasonable car, great looking interior, decent power and performance as a daily eco car... If it weren't for reliability concerns regarding electrical gremlins and other rumored problems with US VWs I'd rate higher.

Like the Mazda 3 polled recently there is something about the styling that makes me think a really cool car is trying to get out, but it never quite makes it, from any angle. It has enough power and the usual other VW trappings but it's still very very meh.

A "performance model" of one of the most boring cars available on the North American market. It's like VW targeted the Corolla or something. While the basic US Jetta is an invisibility cloak on four wheels, the waste of a solid powetrain that the GLI represents knocks it to an Uncool.

Performance-based boring car, manual AND semi-automatic transmission options. Also German.

Cool.

The perfomances themselves don't look too bad, but I simply don't get why people would buy a Jetta in the first place. It seems to me that this car would be bought by desperate businessmen that couldn't stretch their money to buy a BMW 3-series and\or work for lesser companies. Also, it doesn't look exciting, not at all.

I'm willing to give this a meh, but not much more than that.

Back