Body Style:
5-door hatchback
Engine: 1.6L Turbocharged I4
Power: 247-266 hp
Torque: 243 ft-lbs
Weight: 1205 kg
Transmission: 6-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front-engine, front wheel drive
Additional Information: The new 308 GTI is Peugeot's attempt to strike at the hot hatch stalwarts such as the Golf GTI and Ford Focus ST. The engine is shared with the RCZ R and is available in 2 flavors at 247hp and 266hp.​

Peugeot-308-GTi-250-and-270-dual-colour.jpg

S0-Essai-video-Peugeot-308-GTi-buy-Peugeot-Sport-362956.jpg
peugeot-308-gti-tas-2016-10.jpg

308-gti-0008.jpg

What happened to the front? Looks like the most boring Peugeot since the history of ever. Like super generic.

The facia looks boring. Where's the earlier energy? Did they just given up?

The worse cars than the "worst cars" is the boring, average cars.

Uncool

Last edited:
It looks good to me, its light weight and it has a good amount of power.

Cool.

Edit: Front is a little generic now that i look at it more.

Last edited:
I'm still amazed that PSA has a 270hp, 1.6L engine that isn't a laggy mess. Not sold on the weird two-tone look they've done with it or the 208, though. The design is handsome, if a little anonymous (looks like a Kia), but infinitely better than the bloated basking-shark face of the previous generation.

But like @Dennisch said, it's nothing special, visually. Even as a performance version, my response is almost a shrug, which by default puts it at Uncool.

I for one like a sleeper. Having a speedy car the police don't even give a second glance to is cool to me. This car would blend right in within Focus and Mazda3 not really drawing attention, until you unleash the impressive power that is.

Uncool in a public way, Cool because sleeper vibe. Balances out to a Low Cool, because powah.

The front seems alright to me, actually, it's not like the 305, and to an extent, the 306's fronts lool like they did a much better job at standing out back in their days, and the 307s did try to stand out a bit more(the facelift more notably), but they didn't even look that good(the facelift i feel looked worse, the pre-facelift only a bit better, but also more bland.).
Would it really look that much better with a 208 GTi front pasted on it? Cause well, it would look more unique, yeah, but unique isn't always good, is it? And even though having the badge on the hood like the non-GTi 2014 308 would maybe help it to stand out, it would be more-so saying "luxury" instead of "performance"

Last edited:
The black rear two-tone paint version looks like it was spawned with one person in mind.

Even then, it's remarkably understated for a C-segment hot hatch with the exception of the ill-fitting rims. Somewhat tacky trimmings on an anonymous but decent-looking base doesn't make for a cool concoction here.

Last edited:
Looks good but it's way too generic. The 208 GTi is cooler. This one I could give it a second look because I know what it is, otherwise it just blends in. It's just a faster A to B mobile. Meh

It doesn't look like crap, has decent performance and plenty of power. That doesn't sound like a Peugeot! Cool.

It's very subtle for that amount of power, but it's not cool. Once again, if you have to explain what makes it cool, then it isn't.

High uncool.

Discreet looks and decent performance would make this a good alternative to a Golf or a Focus ST. Just a shame it's so anonymous looking that nobody will know it's a GTI.

Meh.

Well, I'm fine with how it looks. It looks better to me than the previous design at least.
135209_Full_HiRes.jpg

:yuck:

Anyhow, while it looks fine; there isn't anything that gives off an interesting vibe about it. So yeah, it's not the most exciting design for a hot hatch, which means I'll put it in meh.

Well, I'm fine with how it looks. It looks better to me than the previous design at least.
135209_Full_HiRes.jpg

:yuck:

Anyhow, while it looks fine; there isn't anything that gives off an interesting vibe about it. So yeah, it's not the most exciting design for a hot hatch, which means I'll put it in meh.
Ditto every single word of this post. :lol:

Back