GTP Cool Wall: 2015+ Peugeot 308 GTI

• Thread starter Wiegert
  • 44 comments

2015+ Peugeot 308 GTI

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's a rather good looking car, nothing offensive about it. One of the nicest looking Peugeots ever made especially in the red/black colour. Decent power too.

However I can't escape the thought that this will be bought by the type of tosser who wants to be in the FWD chav crowd but actually wants to separate themselves from the typical VAG/Corsa drivers.

Just misses out on cool because of that.

I personally feel like they made no effort visually until you get to the back, which I think looks bloated, the steering wheel is horribly small but it has 266 hp in top form, balances out to meh, would rather have a Golf GTI (although I am bias towards the Golf).

It may have incredible performance for a hot hatch, but it looks far too anonymous. I agree that it may be a sleeper, but still.

Meh.

Decent hot hatch, but try explaining to members of the general population why the back of your car is painted black. It's also very Golf/A3ishly bland in a way that Peugeot have so far managed to avoid. Meh.

The most impressive thing about this car is the weight, it's soo much lighter then every Hot hatch on the market that it's aimed at it makes it have a better power to weight then even a Focus RS.

A true Sleeper Sub Zero.

The most impressive thing about this car is the weight, it's soo much lighter then every Hot hatch on the market that it's aimed at it makes it have a better power to weight then even a Focus RS.

Reviews for the 270 have it's kerb weight down as 1280kg. Don't know if the quoted 1205kg is mis-typed or a stupid dry weight that manufacturers like to publish. Still pretty light, but not quite so impressive.

Reviews for the 270 have it's kerb weight down as 1280kg. Don't know if the quoted 1205kg is mis-typed or a stupid dry weight that manufacturers like to publish. Still pretty light, but not quite so impressive.
Everything I've seen has 1205kg as it's kerb though.

edit: I see Autocar quote 1280kg but they also quote higher numbers on every car including the Golf GTi at 1377kg and Focus RS at 1599kg, both around 50kg heavier then the Claimed numbers.

This makes it the same weight as the Megane 275 Trophy R, a car that lacks 3 seats, has all the sound deadening removed, lightweight wheels and a Titanium exhaust for weight saving.

Considering it lacks only 4bhp on that car shows how impressive of an engineering feat this car is.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back