GTP Cool Wall: Aston Martin DB5

• Thread starter TheBook
  • 42 comments

Aston Martin DB5

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And it never had that power in the first place. The DB5 Vantage on triple Webers could probably get 280hp (though rated at 310hp), so the triple SU DB5 would have been lucky to see 250 - which, with all other aspects as above taken into account, brings it into the firing line of the Accord despite being 0.6s quicker to 60mph than it on paper.

All this talk and yet you still havnt voted!!:dopey:

All this talk and yet you still havnt voted!!:dopey:

I see a line in this behaviour and Famine can not help it, it is his professional attitude that does it. So I think this is one subject to drop.

Famine did a good contribution, even not voting.

BTW: Join the Famine Fan Club: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/group.php?groupid=28

Edit: @ ShobThaBob: 3 Meh and 1 Seriously Uncool now, so not all are blinded by James' charms.

It's not just A James Bond car, it is THE James Bond car. The car complements the character, and the character complements the car. Aston Martins were cool before their involvement in 007 films because of their achievements at Le Mans, excellent sounding straight 6s, great looks for their time, etc. But what made them them legendary was their association with super spies. The book Bond drove Bentleys, but I think Aston Martins seem to fit the character better.

James Bond has been the icon of the super cool for over 50 (!!!) years, and that is due in no small part to the DB5.

-> Hmm...

- Sean Connery as James Bond = Cool

- DB5's charisma = Cool

- Sean Connery as James Bond driving the DB5 = Sub-Zero

^ To sum it all up; its more than a sub-zero, it deserves to be in Lord Kelvin's Collection. ;)

Yeah, because performance has got jobby-all to do with Cool and I simply haven't decided yet.

I never said it did, My post was in jest anyway, i thought with a stupid smile on the end it would be apparent.

But "havnt decided yet" answers my question anyway.

I see a line in this behaviour and Famine can not help it, it is his professional attitude that does it. So I think this is one subject to drop.

Famine did a good contribution, even not voting.

BTW: Join the Famine Fan Club: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/group.php?groupid=28
Your actually serious....

Horrible car. I'm sure it's probably cool for some reason, but as I've never seen Sean Connery in a film that didn't contain a Welsh girl I wouldn't really understand.

No vote for me.

Yeah, because performance has got jobby-all to do with Cool and I simply haven't decided yet.

If something is outrageously good enough for what it is performance can play a role.:)

Hmm, I'm not so sure with this one. I actually don't like the car for looks or really anything other than James Bond.
And James Bond...well, again, things I do and don't like. I love all the films up until Goldeneye but I'm more of a Patrick McGoohan fan.

I think I will use the "Meh" option for the first time, its not uncool but I don't think its cool either.

Old men and Jamiroquai...

Can i change my vote?

:lol: There's hardly anyone more uncool than him ( can't even bring myself to write his name ) but he does seem to have some nice cars, but so did Idi Amin and Hermann Goering...........

Back