• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Joey D

Premium
United States
Lakes of the North, MI
GTP_Joey
GTP Joey
.: 1982–1988 Cadillac Cimarron suggest by Jim Prower :.

1982%20Cadillac%20Cimarron.jpg

Specs:
Manufacturer General Motors
Production 1982–1988
Assembly Janesville, Wisconsin, United States
South Gate, California, United States
Class Compact
Body style(s) 4-door sedan
Layout FF layout
Platform J-body
Engine(s) 1.8 L OHV I4
2.0 L OHV I4
2.8 L 60° V6
Transmission(s) 4-speed manual
3-speed automatic
Wheelbase 101.2 in (2570 mm)
Length 177.8 in (4516 mm)
Width 66.3 in (1684 mm)
Height 54.0 in (1372 mm)​

Seriously uncool.

A Cadillac should be big, brash and ostentatious*. That is just a non-descript econo box.

* whilst still being uncool...

Seriously Uncool. This is probably one of the worst automotive ideas of all time. GM took a Cavalier, put a Cadillac badge on it and sold it for thousands more. This was also back during a time when most Americans associated Cadillacs with prestige, class and wealth. The Cimarron sold for, get this, $12,000 back in the early 1980's. Adjusting for inflation that's well over $30K for car which was essentially a Chevy Cavalier in a pimp suit.

This is an automotive abomination, thus making it seriously uncool possibly even more so.

Thats not no caddy!

Funny story about that too, originally it was never supposed to be a Cadillac, but rather The Cimarron by Cadillac. Sort of like the Chrysler TC by Maserati, but even less people bought into it. That marketing strategy lasted one year and then it became the Cadillac Cimarron because people weren't stupid.

I'm guessing there is a reason I have never heard of it before it was nominated.

Seriously Uncool, just like the Crapalier it is based on.

heheheeeeeeehhh...

This car is lamer than all the stupid girly vampire shows out nowadays. Nerds even shun it, it's that uncool. It doesn't have the forward-thinking ugliness of the AMC Pacer to go off of, nor the usefulness of the Pontiac Aztek to save it. Hell, it's not even really ugly. It's nondescript, a Cavalier in a frock...with a pricetag when new of over twice as much.

Badge engineering + pointless model? Yes. Very yes.

Center of the Big Bang? Oh, yeah. It's that uncool. Let's send it to the depths of Hell.

Seriously uncool. I neither know nor care what it is and I suspect the whole rest of the world probably feels the same. On top of this it's no looker, probably doesn't go that well and I highly doubt it has anything approaching 'handling'.

Seriously uncool. I neither know nor care what it is and I suspect the whole rest of the world probably feels the same. On top of this it's no looker, probably doesn't go that well and I highly doubt it has anything approaching 'handling'.

Well to give you an idea, the car used the same platform as the Vauxhall Cavalier and Opel Ascona of the same era.

Well to give you an idea, the car used the same platform as the Vauxhall Cavalier and Opel Ascona of the same era.

and had extra shocks added to the subframe to make it ride even more floaty.

A brand known for making big expensive cars dishes out an entry-level piece "small" car. Almost as bad as the Mercedes A-class or BMW 1-series, though these German ones have a few things going for them. The Cimarron had nothing going for it, not even the name. Seriously Uncool

My wife owned this car when we first started dating and I have to say and vote it's "Seriously Uncool" at least now she drives a BMW 3 series so I would consider her cool now. :sly:

Not a lot to explain why the seriously uncool here, it was going to be seriously uncool from the moment I saw the photo of it in the recommendations thread.

The only positive thing I can think of is that it was never sold in England, and thankfully I never saw one when I was living in Canada either!

and had extra shocks added to the subframe to make it ride even more floaty.

So they took a poor handling car and made it worse? Oh my, this has to be one of them most comical cars to drive with any sort of mild aggression.

I didn't give it seriously uncool because it's a Caddy AND from the 80's. Car design in general was abismal in the 80's imo. Seriously uncool would be putting up a pic and spec of ANY 80's mustang.

Jerome

Can I get an explanation on why two people voted this abomination Sub-Zero?

Why was this car even nominated? If this is where the "Cool Wall" is headed... then I nominate a 1985 Oldsmobile Omega (my first car, and basically the same damn thing)! If I remember correctly, its top speed was around 130kph (140 going downhill)... and that was with the 2.8l powerhouse!

The Cool Wall isn't just for "awesome" or high powered cars, it is for any car.

Plus, some members just want to see a certain car get majorly bashed.

Terrible car and not particularly good in anything--which doesn't matter really because what matters is this is just not cool. Would you want to be seen in this thing? Hell no.

Back