GTP Cool Wall: Cadillac Cimarron. Voting Closed

• Thread starter Joey D
  • 81 comments

Cadillac Cimaron

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ya I think we are going to need some more insight into that, how anyone can think a badge engineered 80's era Cavalier is cool is something I can not begin to comprehend.

Disappointed to see people voting sub zero....

Mostly because I was looking forward to a car getting the opposite to Lord Kelvins Ice Box!

Uncool...

It's just a Chevrolet cavalier Rebaged as a Cadillac, not to mention they charged an arm and a leg for it.

Why was this car even nominated? If this is where the "Cool Wall" is headed... then I nominate a 1985 Oldsmobile Omega (my first car, and basically the same damn thing)! If I remember correctly, its top speed was around 130kph (140 going downhill)... and that was with the 2.8l powerhouse!

It was nominated so that we could populate the "Seriously Uncool" a bit more.

Seriously Uncool. This car is just one of many representatives of what was wrong with the American car industry in the 1980s. And that's still somewhat the case.

Pretty much every car built in America during the 80s was junk, and this is no exception.

So is this going into Lord Kelvin's sh**box?

Eh I haven't figured out what I'm going to call the lower rung yet, it has to be the opposite of cool so something that's hot...or something.

Eh I haven't figured out what I'm going to call the lower rung yet, it has to be the opposite of cool so something that's hot...or something.

Hell?

Edit: And :lol: @ me being tired and clicking S-Zero. Make that Seriously Uncool.

Hell?

Edit: And :lol: @ me being tired and clicking S-Zero. Make that Seriously Uncool.

yoda_fail.jpg

I voted cool. Any Cadillac with a clutch is cool by me. Did these ever come as a coupe, like the Cavalier?

Then all Caddy's must be cool, I'm pretty sure they all have clutches.

Reasons? Because, right now, I'm scratching my head and wondering if this is some sort of trollish joke.

Sometimes something is soooo mindbogglingly bad, it pass through the event horizon, falls into a worm hole and emerges on the other side as sub-zero.

It's so lame it's cool. Like a bad Japanese to English translation.

Or an '81 Firebird.

M

They did indeed.
The funny thing about that car is that it probably would have worked if they didn't build it out of shoe-strings and paper clips.

Sometimes something is soooo mindbogglingly bad, it pass through the event horizon, falls into a worm hole and emerges on the other side as sub-zero.
If I was to offer up a flimsy justification, that is exactly what I would have used for why I voted this car 97.7% Sub-Zero. But in reality, I mostly did it for the evulz. That people (5 people!) caught on to this and ruined the joke makes me sad, though.

Last edited:
6 people for sub zero? what the hell is wrong with you, Do you like the Ford pinto or Amc pacer as well? This Daft bland pile of nothingness has never contributed to anything ever, Nothing but a Gray pile of White good's With tires on it. Just a big hopeless dreary pile of steaming cow dung that is named the Cadilac Cimarron.

I never thought that someone would nominate a Cadillac Cimarron. :lol:

Seriously uncool, it's the worst car that cadillac has ever produced. What they were thinking, it's basically an overpriced cavalier with cadillac badges on it. I still can't believe that the '59 Eldorado and this piece of crap came from the same company.
Anyway the 80's were Cadillac's dark ages and fortunately it's going way better today.

My Dad had one of these once, 4 year's later, after he sold it, We had found out that it had been set on fire in a Walmart parking lot in The next city. But the interesting thing was the Owner set it on fire in the back of the store where they unload Boxes of things and what not, I remember him saying he just randomly got pissed off at it, and sat it aflame, He also did something else to it but im not going to mention "Bodily functions".

Out of my 22 rules (2 new ones) it has NO pros and 4 cons. Blimey! That's a total 0%! UNBELIEVABLY OUTER-WORLDLY TOTALLY UTTERLY SERIOUSLY UNCOOL!!!

I nominate it for...hmmm...Hell (Opposite to Lord Kelvin's Ice Box):lol:.

I voted cool. Any Cadillac with a clutch is cool by me. Did these ever come as a coupe, like the Cavalier?

The fact that it was the only Caddy (until the CTS) with a manual was what swayed my vote from seriously uncool to uncool.

Never came as a coupe though, only a sedan.

Back