GTP Cool Wall: Dodge Challenger R/T. Voting Open!

• Thread starter Joey D
  • 77 comments

Challenger R/T

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Which is more cool :

'70-1 Hemi R/T's ?

or

'72-4 smallblock versions ?

I couldn't give much less of a flying fiddle if I tried. A Challenger is a Challenger. It's cool regardless and would only possibly drop into the realms of uncool if you put a tiny engine under the hood. As a "small block" isn't actually that small and remains a V8, it also remains cool regardless.

By throwing numbers and letters around you're making it less cool by the second, in the same way someone having to explain what R/T stands for isn't cool, or someone having to explain why their Porsche has a roll-cage à la 911 GT3.

Cool beans, I give it a 'Cool' can't go Sub Zero with this one. But I like the American muscle rather than the Frenchy 3 seater, thanks Joey D.

PS, Orange & Black my high school alumni colors, +2!

It is misleading,you cant compare a car that was never made,72-3 Challenger R/T with a hemi.Go find a "factory built version" of this,never going to happen.Thats why the people need to be more specific as Joey points out,why should he do their homework,Just post as nominated,not varying years.

Oh but remember, the specifics of a car don't count towards coolness. That stuff has to be explained, and its been established that if its not known by 99% of the population it is thus uncool.

Dude, '70 Challenger. One of four classic muscle cars I'd own.

Instant sub-zero. In fact, it's so cool, the thing needs to have two categories, sub-zero, and absolute zero.

If I ever get the chance to see one on the road over here in the UK I can already see the 64-Year-Old Tanning Salon owner driving it. With a Short sleeve crisp white shirt on, it has buttons, but they aren't done up.

Seriously Uncool.

Cool if it's a R/T

Sub-Zero if it's a T/A or an R/T in Egg-Shell White

After those two years, Challengers became ugly as sin IMO.

Seriously cool, not quite sub-zero though. It has all the right pieces and parts, just does not look as good as the other Pony cars of the era.

Which is more cool :

'70-1 Hemi R/T's ?

or

'72-4 smallblock versions ?

The wha? It's a Challenger, do you think any normal person on the street is going to stop and go "Well that's not the 72-4 smallblock version so he's a moron"?

No, they're going to shout "**** ME, THAT'S AWESOME!"

Subzero. It just oozes uber cool. Though I love the Charger more, that doesn't diminish this car's subzero-ness.

And like Famine and others said, its a Challenger--who cares about what words come after it or numbers before it. Its subzero.

I'm frankly amazed by the votes on this! I tought it would be sub-zero-ness like the chevelle, but to my surprise, a lot of people have given it just a cool. Odd, but I can understand the reasons posted.

Anyway, one of the most sough-after Mopes, has a dradful "collectible-car" aura that's pretty discusting (not as much as the 71 'cuda, tough) but that is easily broken to pieces by the OPro Stock and Trans Am cars of the era. Sub Zero.

I don't get you guys who think it doesn't matter what kind of engine it carries. Would you seriously don't care if it carried a 318 instead of the 426 Hemi? It may just be me, but it was the engine that made me nominate the car in the first place. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Of course, the car looks gorgeous, but the fact it has a Hemi makes it even better looking in my eyes.

I wouldn't not care, but a 318 Challenger would have less heat in it than a jar of dry ice. The Hemi gets a bit warm.

Seriously Uncool

1) Not a 'Cuda
2) Not an AMX
3) Not a Camaro

If I ever get the chance to see one on the road over here in the UK I can already see the 64-Year-Old Tanning Salon owner driving it. With a Short sleeve crisp white shirt on, it has buttons, but they aren't done up.

Seriously Uncool.

This cool enough for you?

3963259108_f62aa1a1fb.jpg

Road legal (well... with the headers on and road tyres), 9.55s @ 142mph. And purple.

Its a muscle car, and there is definitely some inherent coolness about it, which is completely dependent upon where the car is. This car in the US - cool, in the UK, seriously uncool.

I'm frankly amazed by the votes on this! I tought it would be sub-zero-ness like the chevelle, but to my surprise, a lot of people have given it just a cool. Odd, but I can understand the reasons posted.

I think I've voted regular cool for every muscle car so far, but not sub-zero. I don't think they're quite that cool but they certainly aren't uncool.

I don't get you guys who think it doesn't matter what kind of engine it carries. Would you seriously don't care if it carried a 318 instead of the 426 Hemi?

No. I don't care in the slightest. If one came down the street I wouldn't be able to tell the difference, and even if I could I'd hardly be thinking "jeez, what a plonker, he's only gone for the 318...".

This cool enough for you?

Road legal (well... with the headers on and road tyres), 9.55s @ 142mph. And purple.

I'd actually completely forgotten about Tig's Challenger :dunce:

Its a muscle car, and there is definitely some inherent coolness about it, which is completely dependent upon where the car is. This car in the US - cool, in the UK, seriously uncool.
Wow, I'm glad I live in Sweden, because it seems I would've been quite alone loving american cars living anywhere else in Europe. I see Cudas, Challengers and Chargers every now and then during the summer up here. All of my friends more or less loves muscle cars, and three of 'em owns one ('65, '66 and 72 Chevelle). I can't imagine finding a guy here who would think a muscle car is uncool. Hell people here even likes old Valiants and Darts! :scared:

I don't know what I wanted to say with this, but it's just strange how Sweden is so americanized when it comes to cars, compared to the rest of Europe.

Loving the general body design, and the fact that it's a Dodge. But, not really my ideal muscle car. Cool.

Wow, I'm glad I live in Sweden, because it seems I would've been quite alone loving american cars living anywhere else in Europe. I see Cudas, Challengers and Chargers every now and then during the summer up here. All of my friends more or less loves muscle cars, and three of 'em owns one ('65, '66 and 72 Chevelle). I can't imagine finding a guy here who would think a muscle car is uncool. Hell people here even likes old Valiants and Darts! :scared:

I don't know what I wanted to say with this, but it's just strange how Sweden is so americanized when it comes to cars, compared to the rest of Europe.

Go Sweden!:D:D

Back