GTP Cool Wall: Skoda Octavia vRS

• Thread starter BKGlover
  • 48 comments

Skoda Octavia vRS

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You know what? I think it's a cool car. The AWD wagon, that is. The FWD sedan, not so much. It's basically a performance-oriented Audi sedan with less of the Audi-ness, at least as far as looks go.

Please don't tell me Clarkson got to you on the Yeti.

No, I've known lots of people with Skodas and I forgot to add the Fabia to the list. Cracking machine. The Yeti surprises me because that whole class of car doesn't appeal to me.

I can understand why some people don't like Skodas, but I think they're cool. Octavia especially, Amrin Schwartz on V-Rally? ys pls

image.jpg

Look! An Audi RS6 Avant!

I will say it does looks better in estate form. Shame that the rims are way out of place, even for a vRS.

No, I've known lots of people with Skodas and I forgot to add the Fabia to the list. Cracking machine. The Yeti surprises me because that whole class of car doesn't appeal to me.

I can understand why some people don't like Skodas, but I think they're cool. Octavia especially, Amrin Schwartz on V-Rally? ys pls

My mother's owned a Fabia for 8 years after I suggested she should consider getting something smaller and more reliable than the 406 she had before it. Hardly had a problem with it that wasn't her doing. It doesn't match the current Fabia in many respects, but they're both smart hatches.

And the Octavia was one of the coolest of all WRC contenders. no doubt.

I'm a fan of the looks of the Skoda and I'm sure it's great to drive. For me, it's a cool car.

that people still joke about (unfairly)...

I don't think I've heard a Skoda joke since I left school in the 90's, and of the 2 Octavia owners I know, neither seems to have come in for any stick about owning a Skoda. We're all old enough to remember the jokes, but joking about Skodas these days makes you look as foolish as some one making jokes about women having the vote.

I will say it does looks better in estate form. Shame that the rims are way out of place, even for a vRS.

You think so?

I like the looks of the estate, yes, but I wish it didn't remind me of an Audi. It's much less likely to be double-parked, much less likely to be owned by the typical Audi driver... Which makes it "meh" instead of "uncool." If it had standalone styling, that was completely different from every other car on the road, I'd probably give it a subzero, because I like FF/4WD wagons.

I think the styling looks a lot better than most other sports versions of regular saloons/sedans, nice stats and nothing wrong with Skodas nowadays, good solid cars so a cool from me.

Always loved these things. The very definition of a Q-Ship. This one looks aggressive, but still rather more understated than other performance sedans.

This. My next car will most likely be a white VRs estate (if I can survive another year of the Alfa doing its best to be an Alfa).

As the person who nominated this, I think it's cool. Stats are decent (but not the best), and I like the looks of it. It's one of the cars I wish was sold in the states.

Maybe to you, but to me it looks like most other production cars these days, with similar transmissions, drivetrains, and horsepower.

Blends right in.

Everyone has a right to their own opinion though :)

That is very true about most new cars these days..a Ford FG falcon in OZ does not look that different to a Holden VF commodore.. where a 57 chev looks radically different from say a 57 ford Thunderbird:

That's not really true. If you lined up similar types of cars for similar eras, their design cues are all going to look similar.

Any cars of similar size and class from the 30s and 40s, I can barely tell them apart.

It's roughly the same every generation.

Back