GTP GT5 Photomode FAQ & Tutorial Depot - Answers to questions here!

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 391 comments
I've tried several times. Standing on the bridge of RBH7, press button SELECT. Then the camera will drop down. If the car is at the right place. The camera locates right above the roof. You can adjust the car's position. But still cannot get into the car.

markwang
I've tried several times. Standing on the bridge of RBH7, press button SELECT. Then the camera will drop down. If the car is at the right place. The camera locates right above the roof. You can adjust the car's position. But still cannot get into the car.

Same. I can glitch the car to under the camera, and lower the camera down, but can't break inside.
Finding it quite annoying that members are withholding stuff :/

Two questions:

1) I can't seam to open the pictures directly with photosop. I'm forced to open them with paint (right click > edit), and then copy it to photoshop. Anyone knows why?

2) I have taken 1000+ photos, so I'm not exactly new to this, but...how do I get an air shot? something like this:

TopGearSupercars.jpg

photo by Feldynn.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=165127&page=5

I tend to just use the free camera (#1), because when I chance to diferent POV it doesn't give me as much freedom...is my stubbornness stopping me from finding me this air cameras? :dunce:

Two questions:

1) I can't seam to open the pictures directly with photosop. I'm forced to open them with paint (right click > edit), and then copy it to photoshop. Anyone knows why?

2) I have taken 1000+ photos, so I'm not exactly new to this, but...how do I get an air shot? something like this:

TopGearSupercars.jpg

photo by Feldynn.

I tend to just use the free camera (#1), because when I chance to diferent POV it doesn't give me as much freedom...is my stubbornness stopping me from finding me this air cameras? :dunce:

Basically, yes, that shot is definitely a fixed camera, as are most of the air shots, as the free roam camera can only go so high. Another way to get them is by walking far away on a hilly track such as Eiger Nordwand, but that takes time..

Two questions:

TopGearSupercars.jpg

photo by Feldynn.

1. You should be able to open them with photoshop, it will just display an error saying that there appears to be damaged photoshop data and that it will proceed without reading it.

2. These air shots are done by changing the camera location by pressing select, this only works on some tracks though.

I have been struggling when attempting to takes photos in Photo Replay mode. Sometimes, not all the time, when I attempt to get in close to the vehicle, I get the message telling me that I am too close and that I need to back off. It's not due to any obstruction (that I can see anyway), it just says that I cannot get that close to the car and tells me to back away.

It's sporadic and does not appear to be consistent but I suspect that there is some sort of condition which causes this but I cannot figure out what it is. It's very irritating when you have that good shot but can't get close enough to shoot it.

Anybody experienced this before? I have searched and scoured the forums but have been unable to find any reference to it.

Thank You in Advance,
HANDSOME01 <-- not vanity, it's my step-daughter's nickname for me. It's sweet :)

I have been struggling when attempting to takes photos in Photo Replay mode. Sometimes, not all the time, when I attempt to get in close to the vehicle, I get the message telling me that I am too close and that I need to back off. It's not due to any obstruction (that I can see anyway), it just says that I cannot get that close to the car and tells me to back away.

It's sporadic and does not appear to be consistent but I suspect that there is some sort of condition which causes this but I cannot figure out what it is. It's very irritating when you have that good shot but can't get close enough to shoot it.

Anybody experienced this before? I have searched and scoured the forums but have been unable to find any reference to it.

Thank You in Advance,
HANDSOME01 <-- not vanity, it's my step-daughter's nickname for me. It's sweet :)

This only occurs with standard cars. PD, in their amazing wisdom, thought that if they can't be bothered to model the cars well, then we can't get close to the standard cars to stop us taking pictures of ridiculously pixelated cars. The trick is, just avoid standard cars unless you must use them.. :)

This only occurs with standard cars. PD, in their amazing wisdom, thought that if they can't be bothered to model the cars well, then we can't get close to the standard cars to stop us taking pictures of ridiculously pixelated cars. The trick is, just avoid standard cars unless you must use them.. :)

Oh Maaan ... that sux. I hate that there are so many photo limitations on standard cars. Thanks though. At least now I know. :(

- Handsome01

Hi there!

I've been trying to get into this photo mode thing recently. And have only one question after reading all this FAQs and tutorials. Does the TV quality affects photos quality? I usually play on SD TV, but I have an option to plug my PS3 to HD TV from time to time.

Thanks for the further answers :)

Perhaps someone can show me or make a quick tutorial showing how they clean up bad reflections.

I don't know how I missed this while taking the picture but as you can probably tell, it's a mess.. :yuck:

Click through for fullsize​

Surely, this is fixable no? I know it'll take some work, but even a tutorial on how to clean up general reflections so they look as good as the car does it much appreciated.

Awesome thread! Thank you for taking the time to create it! It has probably been asked before and I searched this thread but how do I view the TRANSITION VIDEO so I can get the other Photo Travel locations?

Thanks, Al

Last edited:
To get the other photo locations, you must finish 3 or 4 (can't seem to remember that, damn...) events from Grand Tour from Special Events menu. You will be awarded a new photo location for each of those events.

Also, finish AMG School Novice with all bronze, silver or gold medals. You'll be awarded one, two or three new locations for that, depending on your medals.

To get the other photo locations, you must finish 3 or 4 (can't seem to remember that, damn...) events from Grand Tour from Special Events menu. You will be awarded a new photo location for each of those events.

Also, finish AMG School Novice with all bronze, silver or gold medals. You'll be awarded one, two or three new locations for that, depending on your medals.

Thank you very much!

Al

How do you make these ultra realistic photos like this one?

:drool:

To aim for realism, you have 2 parts- the photo-taking itself and the post-shoot editing.

You want to aim for realistic angles, something that can be done in real life with a camera rig or tripod or something. Think of it before you shoot-- could I stand or put a camera in that angle in real-life? Nothing too extreme, like having a shot right in front of the car in motion (although it's possible to do so in real life, it won't produce the desired results as much as other more realistic, less extreme angles would) Don't forget other things such as DoF, composition and such.

Your best bet is to search around the web for pictures of cars that you may like and try to get an idea for your shots that way.

In the editing stage, it all really matters on how the stock photo looks like. Just edit in accordance to the photo, and you'll pretty much achieve what you want. Photos from GT5 tend to be a little too light on the contrast, so upping that would be your best bet, but not the only.

Hope I helped. :)

Ok, guess im too new to the photo uploading scene....

I cant seem to figure out how to upload one photo at a time to the forum, all I can do is post a hyperlink to my gallery. When I click on "add a photo" in the "reply" area, it asks for a url for the photo. What is the way around this? Why cant there just be a "browse" button so you can find it on your disk drive and upload it that way? I looked through the FAQ section but didn't see an answer. Also, I am using Picasa as a photo library. Thanks!

[URL="Insert URL here"][IMG]Insert picture URL here[/IMG][/URL]

If you don't want to link to a bigger picture, simply use this:

[IMG]Insert picture URL here[/IMG]

Please do not hesitate to contact me in case of any queries.

Last edited:
Back