Votes: 4 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
North Korea
With Kim Jong Un
Nominated by @Turtle
The Beatles
the-beatles_2321270b.jpg

Years Active: 1960-1970 (First album released in 1963, last one released in 1971)
Origin: Liverpool, England
Genre: Rock
Members: Paul McCartney, John Lennon, George Harrison, Ringo Starr
Known For: Help!, Twist and Shout, Yellow Submarine, Hey Jude, A Hard Day's Night, Come Together, and some other things.​

Went with a cool. I couldn't go with Sub Zero because not only did they hate each other by the end of it, they stopped performing live around the Sgt. Pepper days. Still, they were very influential and there is no way I could go any lower than cool.

The prototypical British Boy Band.

Over-exposed? Possibly.

Over-rated? Most likely.

The best rock-band ever, musicality wise? Maybe in the top fifty.

But this is the Beatles. Look up the term "cool" and they're in with a shout at being one of the trope namers. And few songwriting duos have been as prolific or as flexible as John and Paul.

Even naked pictures of John and Yoko can't drag this lower than Sub-Zero.

I do like their stuff but I couldn't bring myself to vote SZ.

If it wasn't for them a lot of bands wouldn't exist today and they wouldn't have cemented UK music's place in the world.

Solid Cool.

The Beatles were voted The Ludwig Von Beethoven Wing in the old Wall. I thought performers on the old Wall weren't eligible?

Whatever, voted subzero anyway. After all, it's the Beatles. Odds are they did some stuff you hate. But also did stuff you love.

S-Z as a group, especially their early group stuff.

They were pretty good as solo artists as well.

Meh, don't care for them but can't deny they are a big influence.

The best rock-band ever, musicality wise? Maybe in the top fifty.

Whaaaat? I disagree, I think they made a larger contribution to the evolution of the form than many other acts with the possible (later) exception of Cream. Real rock and roll fusion just hadn't happened until then :)

Super-cool, except I missed it, there are so many of these Cool Wall threads it's hard to keep track :D

Whaaaat? I disagree, I think they made a larger contribution to the evolution of the form than many other acts with the possible (later) exception of Cream. Real rock and roll fusion just hadn't happened until then :)

Super-cool, except I missed it, there are so many of these Cool Wall threads it's hard to keep track :D

What I mean is their technical prowess as musicians wasn't as impressive as, say, Clapton or many others.

But their ability to create great and memorable songs is beyond question.

Before drugs: seriously uncool.

After drugs: very cool.

EDIT: Aaaand now comes the part where I realize the poll is closed and such.

Back