GTP NASCAR EuroRacecar Series

• Thread starter Knelly
  • 65 comments
Just to let everyone know that thus is still in the making. I'll be looking to start some testings sessions next weekend once Indy and Sprint Cup are finished. It will consist of 6 weeks and Tin has agreed this can be put in the Indycar slot. Testing times to follow.

Just to let everyone know that thus is still in the making. I'll be looking to start some testings sessions next weekend once Indy and Sprint Cup are finished. It will consist of 6 weeks and Tin has agreed this can be put in the Indycar slot. Testing times to follow.

Who's Tin?

Tin is my codename. Knelly is 'Copper', Joe is 'Bronze' and Matty is Irish.

BTW people that's just my nationality that my code name.

BTW people that's just my nationality that my code name.

They guessed that because it didn't have 'quotation marks around it' and they're not stupid.

Anyway, update the IndyCar standings in your signature #2, I'm winning (at life) 👍

I did some reading on this series and it turns out it is a spec car with different body kits on it, all cars are the same chassis and use the same 5.8L chevy engine, so why not use the Camaro SS RM or the Camaro LM? I know some people think spec series are boring and want car differentiation but since the series uses spec cars IRL it would make sense. Maybe something to think about?

Thanks for the input Frasier. I had thought about this but I wanted more to duplicate having the three different makes if possible, and demonstrating different models out there. That is if it works of course.

Plus, the SS RM is already used in the GTP NASCAR IROC Series, and we don't currently use any of the cars that I think would fit in any GTP Series.

If of course it turns out that they just don't work together, then I may look at a different way forward.

Thanks again though mate 👍

Let me check that out tomorrow 👍

For example:

SpecialStageRouteXsmall.jpg

I have one in yellow.

I have to admit that spec Camaro LM's would be a pretty sweet idea to fall back on man.

Hmmm, if you can paint them and keep the numbers on etc, then it's a VERY good idea and may just take precedent!

Quick vote ... Camaro LM's or Camaro v Dodge v Ford

I'm liking the Camaro LM idea, it is an awesome little car and it's very similar to a stock car in many ways.

Always 65 right?

Yeah pretty sure of it. When you buy it has blue / white, black / white, red / white, and green / white colours. Repainting turns it a solid colour.

Can you trade them, or are they over the $1M price barrier? They would be quite hard to get if you can't trade them.

They were two weeks ago. Pretty sure they are £1m but could be wrong.

Remember, the OCD price is 50% of the real price, which is what makes me think they might be over the $1M trade limit.

Remember, the OCD price is 50% of the real price, which is what makes me think they might be over the $1M trade limit.

The 50% thing for the OCD was done for a couple of months last year only. It's been full price for a while.

I'll check mygranturismo.net since it has prices listed.

EDIT: The Camaro LM Race Car is 2 million credits when bought with 0 miles on it. You'd have to use a lv 21 ticket.

OK. Out of those who will be involved, is there anyone who doesn't have one? If there are too many then original plan will bring more opportunity to owning one (or more) of the cars.

I'll have to have a look but I'm 90% sure that I don't have one.

Back