GTP NASCAR SPRINT CUP S3 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Joe Gibbs Racing, Toyota

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,094 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the fight before the 500 again?

Tonight's race. 40 laps I think.

Furi is hosting the Freedom 100 which is also 40 laps with different regulations and no transmission requirements (I think he said it was based on Indy Lights).

Tonight's race. 40 laps I think.

Furi is hosting the Freedom 100 which is also 40 laps with different regulations and no transmission requirements (I think he said it was based on Indy Lights).

650 hp, 650kg, no yellows and RH tyres.

Fight before the 500 is basically the test race for the 500, would advise you to show up for this if you could. The Freedom 100 is just a bit of fun with different regs, not vital that you attend really.

The Fight Before the 500 is tonight at our usual times (room up at 22:30BST, green flag at 23:300BST). The Freedom 100 is Friday evening from about 19:00BST - 20:30BST.

I need times please, and powers of persuasion for TV rights.

Tuesday - Fight Before The 500 40 + 1 laps (Room up - 22:30BST | Quali - 23:00BST | Green Flag - 23:30BST
Wednesday/Thursday - Qualifying Sessions 'Pole Days' (Rooms open from 22:00BST - 00:00BST)
Friday - Indy Lights Firestone Freedom 100 - 40 + 1 laps (Room up - 19:00BST | Green Flag - 20:00BST)
Friday - Final Qualifying 'Bump Day' (Room open from 21:00BST - 22:00BST)
Friday - Indianapolis 500 Mile Race 200 laps (Free Practice - 22:30BST | Green Flag - 23:30BST)

I probably won't be attending the Freedom 100, and the qualifying session times mentioned are when Tom will be hosting qualifying session. Other officials will be available at other times.

The Fight Before the 500 is tonight at our usual times (room up at 22:30BST, green flag at 23:300BST). The Freedom 100 is Friday evening from about 19:00BST - 20:45BST.

Calling it that.

One step at a time. There's still 1100 miles to be run this weekend.

1300 miles actually, well for me anyway ;)

Every Indy race eh? That's: The Fight Before The 500, The Freedom 100, The Indy 500, The Brickyard 400, and The Brickyard 200. Good luck with that... :dopey:

Yep, all of them. :sly:

Race Comeback : Knelly at Indy 125. Falling back six seconds from the pack on first lap, working back to, and through, the field to not only lead the most laps, but take a convincing win.

Unluckiest : Knelly at SSRX, Tom who seems to be having a Jeff Gordon year.

Race Comeback: Don't I get a mention in helping you in that comeback? :sly:

Unluckiest: MULE definitely gets a vote here.

I would put my Daytona 500 right up there with anything in the unluckiest and race comeback category.

Refresher: I started in the 2nd or 3rd row initially, but we had to restart the race because Crazy wasn't on track when the race started. In the race restart, I started 16th. I got caught up in the first crash of the race on lap 2, with nowhere to go to avoid it. I was around 12 seconds back, got with a group, and pushed all the way back up to the leaders, taking the race lead for a few laps before my first pit stop. I spun out coming to pit road, got a drive-through penalty and lost a lap. 100 laps later, I was running in 3rd place. Shortly before my last pit stop, I got spun out by a lapped car in turn 3, costing me a lap again. I dropped back to pick up ACDC and made certain that JGR went to victory lane with my own chances for a win or a podium finish lost twice in the same race. My 7th place finish wasn't terrible, but I definitely had a car capable of winning that day.

I have had a load of bad luck this series. I think every race I have been in starting with preseason to the all star race, I was wrecked by someone else every time thus going down one lap and never had a chance to win. I always had to go for an alternate pit strategy to find my way to lead lap which is how I led laps this series. And every race after 50% completion, I would be screwed because of this and would have to drop back further to try to help my teammates. I feel that's unlucky, that's 6 races of wrecks that screwed me that weren't caused by me.

When I have raced, I often seem to have found someone else's car, lack of tyres, or DC'd.

My nominations for the following categories:

UPDATED in a later post.

Last edited:
My nominations for the season up to now:

Race Battle - JGR/HMS vs SGR/Ford/RBR at SSRX.

Race Comeback - Knelly at the Indy 125; great work to get back up there for the win. Glad I gave him the few laps of pushing he needed to hold off the pack.

Most Improved - Gonna say Drop. Gone from one win in the whole of last season to 2 already this time around; always a threat on the ovals. Dowhat has also made a big improvement it seems.

Rookie - Mule, don't think there's much of an argument going on here.

Unluckiest - Honestly, for the entire season I'd nominate myself :lol: Drop at Daytona and Knelly at SSRX also.

Respected - Joe, RFLX, Knelly and Drop in my opinion.

Feared - Joe, RFLX and ACDC.

Oval Drivers - ACDC, Knelly & RFLX.

Road Drivers - Joe, RFLX

I think we should focus and wait on the last race of the season before we begin handing out the rewards >.>

These are just nominations, and the nomination process remains open until after the end of the season. For categories like best race battle and most unlucky, it's best to nominate those when they happen, as it gets easier to forget those specific things as the season carries on. Once the season has ended, the most-nominated people will be placed on a ballot. All drivers will get to cast thier vote once, and the person with the most votes will win each category.

These are just nominations, and the nomination process remains open until after the end of the season. For categories like best race battle and most unlucky, it's best to nominate those when they happen, as it gets easier to forget those specific things as the season carries on. Once the season has ended, the most-nominated people will be placed on a ballot. All drivers will get to cast thier vote once, and the person with the most votes will win each category.

This 👍

I was expecting to be in Most Improved, not Rookie lol.

Knelly, you need to remember that you only won "convincingly" at Indy because I was wrecked on the frontstretch. :)

I've got all week to get revenge, though. ;)

While we're on the topic of next season, let me propose this:

Bump drafting at Indy is frankly, ridiculous. It's not how it's supposed to be raced on at all, but with the current regulations, it's the fastest way around, thus, we do it. The current car specs are perfect for Daytona, and okay for Road Courses (though I wouldn't mind seeing a bit more power), but for Indy, they just don't work.

I did some testing, and if, just for Indy, we revise the specs to 700 hp and Sports Hard tires, we could see some great racing. Even with max aero, you still have to slow down for the turns, taking them at between 170-175 mph, while almost hitting 200 down the straights. Bump drafting around the whole track should be a thing of the past if we go with this. I'm sure something similar can be found for Nationwide, as well.

I think if we were going to mess with the formula for one track, I'd like to see restrictor plate racing only at SSRX and Daytona, with other road courses getting power boosts.

EDIT: I think you're onto something Mule, with current specs we may aswell be racing at Daytona save for tyre wear.

MULE, this is something we can test during the off-season, to see how it affects the racing at Indy. If it makes for better racing, we can definitely consider it. I know homeslice47 was also adamant about Indy being a terrible race with our current specs.

Liking the idea MULE, and it would make stints longer and more interesting as well. 👍

Yeah, off season testing would be perfect. It's just one step further forward to making this series as realistic as possible

I like the idea, Mule. I ran similar specs in another series I was in, that's where Homeslice got the idea from. It was great racing, but the dirty air makes it impossible to pass the leader after the tyres get some wear on them. But I'm sure we could find a sweet spot that would work.

Would we still need to let out in the corners on Sports Mediums or Sports Hards with our current power levels? I would like to keep the power levels where they are, but don't mind running a different compound, if it improves the quality of racing.

Would we still need to let out in the corners on Sports Mediums or Sports Hards with our current power levels? I would like to keep the power levels where they are, but don't mind running a different compound, if it improves the quality of racing.
No, we'd need to drop down to the comfort tyres. Even then I think you could take it wide open. It would probably stop the bump-drafting though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back