GTP V8 Supercars Round 7: Motegi East ***RESULTS***

• Thread starter Stiggy
  • 19 comments
Australia
New South Wales
thestig-13
StiggyGTP
GTP V8 Supercars Series Round 7: Motegi East

The GTP V8 Supercars is off to the Motegi Circuit in Japan for the second of three "double header" rounds with the SuperGT series.

Race Length & Information:V8 Supercars/Class 1 - 15 laps, V8 Production/Class 2 - 7 Laps

This is a sprint round so you can choose from hard and soft compound tyres and only one set of the soft tyres is allowed.

Car Specifications:
Ford Falcon XR8 Race Car: Power - 600hp (+0) Weight - 1309kg (-3)
Chevrolet Camaro Race Car: Power - 593hp (+0) Weight - (approx.) 1250kg (+8)
FPV GT: Power - 391hp (+1) Weight - 1660kg (-9)
Holden Commodore SS: Power - 390hp (+19) Weight - 1624kg (-2)

Entrants List

V8 Supercars/Class 1
5. LSX, Camaro, LSX Engineering
33. AyJay, Camaro, Garry Rogers Motorsport
38. CAMikaze, Falcon XR8, Team GTP
44. LancerEvo7GSR, Falcon XR8, East Coast Motorsports
54. viperin, Falcon XR8, Map O'Tassie
56. oldmodelt, Camaro, Vintage Motors Inc.
57. fogbound, Camaro, Vintage Motors Inc.
60. Irons, Falcon XR8, Honor Tuning Motorsport
77. C-ZETA, Falcon XR8, Corsa dell'Italia-Australia
87. oscarhardwick, Camaro, Tal-ko Performance Racing
90. GTsail290, Falcon XR8, Paul's Offshore Racing Team
95. TheStig13, Falcon XR8, Ford Australia Racing Team

V8 Production/Class 2
1. Pitracer100, FPV GT, Swift Pits Motorsport
02. Irons, FPV GT, Honor Tuning Motorsport
13. TheStig13, FPV GT, Ford Austraila Racing Team
16. oscarhardwick, Holden Commodore SS, Tal-ko Performance Racing
23, LancerEvo7GSR, FPV GT, East Coast Motorsport
34, AyJay, Holden Commodore SS, Garry Rogers Motorsport
55, viperin, Holden Commodore SS, LSX Engineering
56. oldmodelt, FPV GT, Vintage Motors Inc
57. fogbound, FPV GT, Vintage Motors Inc
88. C-ZETA, Holden Commodore SS, Corsa dell'Italia-Australia
90. GTsail290, Holden Commodore SS, Paul's Offshore Racing Team
99. viperin, FPV GT, Map 'o Tassie

Rookie Of The Year competitors:

Cougar23
Irons
TheStig13
oscarhardwick
viperin
LSX
C-ZETA

Results & Series Standings
attachment.php

Points: 1st: 10, 2nd: 8, 3rd: 6, 4th: 5, 5th: 4, 6th: 3, 7th: 2, 8th: 1, bonus point for fastest lap

Race Rules- Standard online rules apply
- No shortcuts and try to keep at least 2 wheels on the track at all times
- No wall-riding
- You MUST use the specifications provided
- Forced pit entry is to be used
- TCS & ASM can be turned on
- AI - any level
- If you submit your time late you will recieve a 30 second penalty
- Tyre wear must be set to strong

Compulsory pitstops have been abolished as they were unnecessary for V8 Production and the V8 Supercars usually need to pit once in the sprint races anyway.

PM me with the following details filled in before the deadline of Saturday 16th January 11:59pm GMT.

User Name:
Class:
Car:
Number:
HP:
Weight:
Total Time:
Fastest Lap:
No. of Pits + Drive Through Penalties:

Hope you will enjoy the race

TheStig.

Attachments

• V8 Round 7 Results.jpg
    V8 Round 7 Results.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
G'Day all,

I would like to enter the Class 2 Race this round as well please.
I definitely would like to give my FPV GT N0. 99 another run for Team Map o' Tassie but was wondering if it okay to run a Commodore for Team LSX as well ?

Please advise,

Thanks.

G'Day all,
I definitely would like to give my FPV GT N0. 99 another run for Team Map o' Tassie but was wondering if it okay to run a Commodore for Team LSX as well ?.....

It would be fine with me. A few extra cars on the track makes it much more entertaining for the race fans watching in the stands.

Plus you can run two different pit stop strategies in case TheStig13 changes them up on us again!

Respectfully,
GTsail290

G'Day all,

I definitely would like to give my FPV GT N0. 99 another run for Team Map o' Tassie but was wondering if it okay to run a Commodore for Team LSX as well ?

Please advise,

Thanks.

Yes, you can drive both cars but you will only score points in the Drivers Championship with the highest placed car. However, both cars will be able to score points in the Teams Championship.

Not sure if anyone had seen this in the HSR race thread, so I'll repost is here, being as this is the current race.

I'll let my peers decide.

(In regards to my running medium compound tires at HSR.)
Mediums? I hope that's a typo... :P

It sure is not a typo, I got her home on some bright red tires if I remember correctly. I'll have to look at my notes. I thought we can choose any of the three compounds? But only one set of soft.

Edit: I see... I was using street race rules. I thought I had seen somewhere in one of the race posts we can use H/M/S compounds on any track now. I guess I was mistaken? I can't find it, so I must have been. I'll take whatever reprimands come my way. Run the rest of the season on RH or something :lol:. No, but in all seriousness, I'm sorry guys, I don't know how, but I've misinterpreted the rules, or maybe I was drunk and imagined it, sorry, I really thought I could run medium compound.

So what happens? Sit out Motegi? Points docked? Tire penalty? Pit penaltys?

*Fires crew chief for the second time this season*

I think if we just send the "Boys" round and beat the snot out of you, that would satisfy me :lol:

See you at Motegi !

To me, I believe the key to getting a good lap time is how one takes the Esses after Turn 3. Make a mistake there, you'll lose plenty of time and it could ultimately cost you a place or two in the results.

LSX
Not sure if anyone had seen this in the HSR race thread, so I'll repost is here, being as this is the current race.

I'll let my peers decide.

(In regards to my running medium compound tires at HSR.)

It sure is not a typo, I got her home on some bright red tires if I remember correctly. I'll have to look at my notes. I thought we can choose any of the three compounds? But only one set of soft.

Edit: I see... I was using street race rules. I thought I had seen somewhere in one of the race posts we can use H/M/S compounds on any track now. I guess I was mistaken? I can't find it, so I must have been. I'll take whatever reprimands come my way. Run the rest of the season on RH or something :lol:. No, but in all seriousness, I'm sorry guys, I don't know how, but I've misinterpreted the rules, or maybe I was drunk and imagined it, sorry, I really thought I could run medium compound.

So what happens? Sit out Motegi? Points docked? Tire penalty? Pit penaltys?

*Fires crew chief for the second time this season*

You can tell by my username you are not alone. I have to re-read, re-check several times just to be sure of the race specifications.

To me, I believe the key to getting a good lap time is how one takes the Esses after Turn 3. Make a mistake there, you'll lose plenty of time and it could ultimately cost you a place or two in the results.

I've never been good through those. :( I don't know what it is, but I've always had a hard time at Motegi.

You can tell by my username you are not alone. I have to re-read, re-check several times just to be sure of the race specifications.
:lol: Yeahhh, I've revised my notes for the different kinds of races now. :lol:

The next round of the series at Tokyo R246 will start a week earlier than usual as I will be away from the 18th to the 27th. The deadline will be Saturday the 30th (two weeks from today).

The flagship of the LSX Engineering stable, the number 5 Camaro, was not able to make it through customs, therefore, we were not able to race this round. We will be back at Tokyo, see everyone there.

(I've been busy.)

G'Day all.

Times submitted.
A bit pressed for time this round so not my best effort.
A slight eye problem not helping at all on the most difficult track so far.

Managed to stay on the black stuff but not my best effort.
Maybe driving three Cars was a bit much to do well in a limited time.

Oh well, good luck all.

Greetings all -
I've just started running some laps in my Commodore SS

I've run some laps in the mid 1 minute and 33 second range. Trying to go lower......

Lapped the field of course, since we aren't making our customary pit stop to change tires.

Enjoy the racing.

GTsail290

Times Submitted

Good Luck everyone. ;)

Congratulations CAMikaze on the Supercar win, the same to you GTsail on your production win!
Plan on releasing that choke hold you have on the production class anytime soon? :lol:

I'd like to thank Viper for putting in the seat time with the LSX-E Commodore. Your time won't be wasted. 👍

Back up and running (sort of) after having to wipe my hard drive clean when son downloaded virus. Congrats to all. Hope I can get more than one shot at the next race.

Mighty impressive win CAMikaze!:bowdown:

My time was not even competitive. Somehow the Falcon XR8 did not agree with me this week.:ill:

LSX
Congratulations CAMikaze on the Supercar win, the same to you GTsail on your production win!
Plan on releasing that choke hold you have on the production class anytime soon? ......

Team PORT is doing its best to remain in clean air at the front of the pack in the V8Production Class, but I wouldn't say that its all "knotted" up just yet. I only barely managed to edge Viperin this week.👍

I am uploading my race in the Commodore to youtube right now, so I will add it to this post later tonite. You will all get to see me lap the AI which are on difficulty level -10.

Here is my race video at Motegi

I would have had a slightly faster time if I did not have to wait for the AI to get out of the way going thru the esses at the start, and once again when I lap the field.

See you all next week.
GTsail290

Last edited:
Thanks guys. :D I guess this win is an early birthday present for me. :embarrassed:

Thanks guys. :D I guess this win is an early birthday present for me. :embarrassed:

Only we didn't give it to you. You earned it. 👍 Congrats.

Nice video GTsail290. Helped me figure out what I was doing wrong. Going too slow. :lol: I'll try to correct that oversight in the future.

Last edited:
Back