GTP V8 Supercars Series Round 4: New York ***RESULTS***

• Thread starter Stiggy
  • 34 comments
Congratulations GTsail! Swept both classes, what a job! Looks like your approach worked out well for you.

Close racing again this week, this is a great series!

Great times all!

Especially Viperin in the V8Production class.👍 Great job getting the FPV GT to move like that.:bowdown: I've tried it, and I like the Commodore SS much better. And I think the Commodore has a distinct weight advantage that makes it much easier for me (too easy really, I think the Commodore should get a weight increase).

Anyway, I have two video's of my V8Production class runs in my Commodore, both are 11 minute and 20 second runs, and I lap the entire field because like Oldmodelt, I felt it best to run against very weak competition.:)

and

Respectfully,
GTsail290

LSX
Congratulations GTsail! Swept both classes, what a job! Looks like your approach worked out well for you.

Close racing again this week, this is a great series!

I would have to concur with those sentiments 👍
Great work everyone and congratulations to GTsail for a comprehensive victory.
Poor tyre strategy did for me in the Supercar class unfortunately ( plus an errant zonda did not help :grumpy: ) but overall, no complaints with my effort, I just followed the old racing maxim -
"To finish first, first you have to finish"

V8Supercar Class Race-
I have been able to upload my run in the Ford Falcon at New York. All the action is in the first lap as I slice thru the field and leave the competition in my dust!:) I get a great draft down the second straight behind the Panoz, and then quickly dispatch it as it labors thru the next two turns. I then quickly get by the Nissan in turn four so I can line up the McLaren just ahead. I very carefully get by the McLaren by dropping into first gear and taking turns 5 and 6 very tightly.:nervous: I then really jump at the chance to get by the Ford GT by diving past the apex before turning, in turn eight. I then chase the Dodge Viper around Columbus Circle, and get by him on the home straight (I guess the Viper is limited on top end speed). From then on I just cruise to my pit on lap 6. If you happened to notice, I turn my fastest lap on lap two. This is because this was about my 5th race against this field, and I had learned that I needed to just maintain my pace so I would still have tires under me on lap 6.

When I exit the pits the pack is just behind me with the Dodge Viper still in the lead:scared: Thankfully, I am able to quickly pull away, and then just cruise to victory, still not really pushing too hard, and manage to keep the tires under me for lap 12. The Dodge Viper is my friend the entire race because it slows down the field, which gives me the opportunity to exit from my pit stop with a lead, so I don't have to fight thru the pack a second time.:)

Respectfully,
GTsail290

Last edited:
I cannot see the video but I do not need to after that highly entertaining and exiting commentary :cheers:
Nice work.

I have uploaded some Supercar related videos and will pm you all the links shortly.

Later.

Back