img.php

The following links will allow you to check your local times:

EU Event

NA Event

Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione '08 @ Spa Fracorchamps

AlfaRomeo8CCompetizione10_zps23ea43e8.png
track_spa_francorchamps.jpg

Stewards Notes:
Sorry to disappoint you Kart Space fans, but we decided to substitute in an original combo this week. Enjoy a drive through the beautiful Ardennes with the equally stunning 8C Competizione. Extend your trip a few days if you enjoy camping and hiking through beautiful scenery. :sly:

On a more serious note make sure to respect the track boundaries. There are several places where allowing the car to run wide and outside legal boundaries can gain you time. The admins understand that occasionally a mistake is made and the car goes a little wide, but "habitua'" abuse of track boundaries will be penalized. Special areas of concern this week include the top of the hill after Eau Rouge, Pouhon, Stavelot II, and Blanchimont. Keep two tires on/over track at all times, all rumbles are considered track, green runoff areas are not track. The green stuff will set this car off as well so be careful. If you find yourself running wide, take a more conservative approach to the corner on subsequent laps.

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_9copy_zps129ceb99.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
wrstitlesdriverregistra.png

In the event of a field of 13-16 drivers we will disable mics and race with one grid. With 17+ we will split the grid.

event80_reg.png

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_6copy_zps04dd062e.jpg

Eligibility

This WRS-Online event hosted by 3D3 Racing is open to GTP_Registered members only. If you are not currently on the registry run the GTP_Registry qualifier and join now!

Registration Instructions

The following must be performed by every driver for every event:
  • Click the registration button above, fill-in and submit the online registration form (use your GTP_ tag ID)
  • Leave a quick note in this thread to let us know you've registered and any other comments.
The following must be performed only one time per driver (not per event):
  • Send a PSN friend request to GTP_3D3Racing, GTP_3D3_A and GTP_3D3_B from your GTP_tag account.
  • Submit the 3D3 Racing Online Driver Database Entry Form. Your information will need to be verified before you are added to the db and before your ID will appear in the registered driver table above. You can view the official driver database here.

There is a 32 car/driver limit for this event (per region) and slots are awarded on the grid using a first come first serve basis. Reference the registered drivers table above for availability. This is a stand alone race and points are not tallied for a series. Future WRS-Online races hosted by 3D3 racing may have different driver limits and will require re-registration using the same first come first serve basis and participation in future events is optional.

Registration Changes

If you want to change your time slot, add a time slot or update your color choices just click on the registration link and fill out the form again and submit with new values. Your last entry will override any previous entries.

Cancellations

If for some reason, after you register for the event, you are unable to attend please click the registration button above and complete the form again selecting "cancel" as your status. Please also post a note in this thread as the table above can take some time to update.

Delaying or Restarting Race Start

Once the race countdown timer has started, the race will only be restarted in these cases:
  • Multiple drivers report a black screen/hang, instead of the 3-2-1 countdown.
  • One or more drivers get disconnected before race-pace has begun ("GO" for grid-starts, end of formation lap for rolling starts).
  • Steward realizes there is a condition that would lead to an unfair or poor race experience.

Once the race countdown timer has started, the race will explicitly NOT be restarted for:
  • Latecomers, even if you've registered
  • Driver realizes he picked the wrong car parts (ie, tires) or driving options (ie, Auto tranny)

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_10copy_zpsad3f6cb2.jpg

Last edited:
wrstitleseventdetails.png

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_11copy_zpsb319e8f1.jpg

Lounge Settings (@ GTP_3D3Racing)

• Race Quality: Standard
  • Voice Chat Quality: Low (Disabled if grid is over 12 drivers)

Official Practice Times

• NA: Tuesdays @ 8:00 PM Eastern / 5:00 PM Pacific / 1:00 AM GMT
  • EU: Tuesdays @ 20:00 GMT / 3:00 PM Eastern / 12:00 PM Pacific
  • Pre-Race: The lounge is open for pre-race practice appx 1 hour prior to the official start of each event

Course & Car Settings

• Track: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
  • Car: Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione '08 (from New Car Dealer)
  • Tires: Sports Medium (S2's)
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Tuning Prohibited - R/A functions allowed

Qualification Procedures

• Type: Live Online Single Stint - No pits
  • Length: Single out-lap and 2 timed hot-laps
  • Groups: Group qualifying will be used if the grid size is large enough to warrant in order to avoid traffic during qualification.
  • Notes: Drivers not in the lounge by the time the first driver has entered the track after reset will not be allowed to qualify. They are welcome to join the race, but will start at the back of the grid. If we are running multiple qualification groups and the driver enters before the last group has entered track an exception will be made.

Event Settings

• Game Mode: Normal Race
  • Laps: 21 (+1 Formation Lap)
  • Start Type: Staggered Formation Lap with Rolling Start (see below)
  • Grid Order: Fastest First based on Qualification
  • Boost: No
  • Slipstream strength: Weak
  • Penalty: Off
  • Automatic Race Start Cycle: Disabled
  • Race Finish Delay: Set to 175% Average lap (180 sec)
  • Grip Reduction: Real
  • Mechanical Damage: Light
  • Visible Damage: Off
  • Tire Wear / Fuel Consumption: Fast
  • Pits: Optional

Regulation Settings

• Performance Points: 507 PP
  • Power: 465 HP
  • Weight: 1585 kg
  • Tire Restrictions: See above
  • Vehicle Tuning: Prohibited
  • Skid Recovery Force | Active Steering | ASM: Disabled
  • TCS | Driving Line | ABS: Allowed (Optional)

Formation Lap

• A steward will exit track, view the live timing monitor and announce the order after qualification while all drivers remain on track.
  • All drivers should exit track after the order is announced and enter the pits. When all drivers are in the pits a steward will start the race.
  • After the system places you on the grid drivers should proceed into stagger formation in order.
  • Pole sitter will choose his/her preferred side of the track.
  • There should be no overlap between cars in the staggered formation.
  • Speed limit on formation lap is 62 mph | 100 km/h and pole sitter should maintain this speed (or less) to keep pack together, in particular in the final sector.
  • Weaving or other tire warming procedures are NOT allowed during the formation lap.
  • Pole sitter will exit the last corner and take care to give enough time to allow all cars behind to safely exit the final corner.
  • Start marker for Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps is the start/finish line.
  • The pole sitter should start the race by accelerating to race pace at the identified start marker (track specific and may or may not be the start/finish line).
  • All other drivers should accelerate after the driver in front of you does so.
  • No passing is allowed before the start marker.
  • Be cautious and courteous in the first turn. Dive bombing will be penalized and will not be tolerated.

Standard Clean OLR Rules Apply:

• Unless otherwise specified, all rules from the original WRS event apply.
  • You are expected to drive clean at all times as if you are racing in the WRS. All participants are required to follow the GTPlanet Online Racing Rules & Guidelines.
  • 3D3 Race Stewards (who are taking part in race, but will review the replay) reserve the right to kick out or invalidate the result of any driver from the Race Room for driving offensively. If you ignore any warnings from the stewards and are kicked out of the race room, you will not be allowed to participate in future 3D3 events.
  • Contact with walls should be avoided. Wall riding/bouncing to gain time will be penalized and/or can result in disqualification.
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track including green painted concrete.
  • Limit your contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Passing and Blocking: Aggressive blocking is not permitted, but the driver in front has the right to choose his/her line and braking point and drivers behind should respect that line. Be especially careful when you are on older tires than the competition as the speed difference may be significant. These events are "for fun" so just play nice and take a conservative rather than an aggressive approach when possible.

Good Luck, OLR Team:gtplanet:

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_8copy_zps5a6993da.jpg

wrstitlesracehighlights.png

EU Race - Podium Battle (positions 2-5)
GTP_WRP001, GTP_JTV, GTP_MadMax86, GTP_gooners_17

Twissy's Bumper Cam

wrstitleshowroom.png

Picture of the Week

Litchi-01

After each Wednesday event we're going to give drivers 48 hours to submit race pictures for our "Picture of the Week" contest (submission deadline is Friday @ 8:00 PM Pacific).

Submit your pictures by simply posting to this thread after the event and before the deadline. Please provide a short name for each of your submitted pictures which will be used in voting. e.g. "WRP001-1 : Lap 1/Turn 1", "WRP001-2 : The Crash", etc. All posted pictures will be copied to the showroom post by an admin in the order posted.

Rules:
  • The deadline for submission is Friday @ 8:00 PM Pacific.
  • Each entrant can submit one to three pictures each week.
  • The entrant need not be a participant in the race (if they can get their hands on an official replay they can submit).
  • All content from the picture must come from one or both of the official event replays (EU and/or NA).
  • The pictures can be "photoshopped" or post processed in any way or can be straight from GT5 (montages are accepted).
  • You can put your tag/initials or a small stamp on the pictures, but keep it discrete.

Once the submission deadline has passed there will be a 48 hour voting period (ending 8:00 PM Pacific on Sunday). The winning picture will become the title picture for the thread and potentially the historical results thread.

Submissions
(in order of entry)

WRP001-1 : Lap 1 / Turn 1: The Field
CompetizioneSpa_1.jpg

WRP001-2 : First Stint: WRP, JTV, Gooners, MadMax
CompetizioneSpa_2.jpg

WRP001-3 : Last Lap: Gooners spins in Eau Rouge from 4th, WRP and JTV in background
CompetizioneSpa_3.jpg

JTV-1 : I was keeping a close eye on Tim :sly:
8577964199_3391919b91_b.jpg

JTV-2 : Big Drift :D
8579067232_4af863ac56_b.jpg

JTV-3 : Pit lane action
8577963793_55717df818_b.jpg

mcfizzle-1 : Eau Rouge on Lap 1
CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps-2_zps6d83c410.jpg

mcfizzle-2 : Looking down Eau Rouge on Lap 1
CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_1-1_zps293c5379.jpg

Twissy-1 : Starting Grid
CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps-1_zps789fcddf.jpg

Twissy-2 : Lap 1, Turn 1
CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps1-1_zpsfd96390f.jpg

Twissy-3 : Pouhon
CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps2_zps01c7ec9f.jpg

Allibubba-01
CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_10_zpse0118908.jpg

Allibubba-02
CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_8_zps1dbdc03f.jpg

Allibubba-03
CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_22_zps58a0e5d1.jpg

Litchi-01

Results

event80_res_pow-1.png

Disclaimer: GTP_WRS and/or 3D3 Racing reserve the right to use any of these pics to promote our events elsewhere. If you submit pictures you are expressly giving us permission to use them. If we use the picture outside of our event threads we reserve the right to put GTP, WRS and/or 3D3 stamps on them as well.

Last edited:
Tuning prohibited sounds like alot of fun :D

Is it just tough luck if you don't have the DLC I guess? I bought all the DLC on my main PSN account, and wasn't sure whether I would buy stuff again for this account, but I figured I play this game so damn much, I am getting more than my moneys worth on it, so just bought it all again!

Tuning prohibited sounds like alot of fun :D

Is it just tough luck if you don't have the DLC I guess? I bought all the DLC on my main PSN account, and wasn't sure whether I would buy stuff again for this account, but I figured I play this game so damn much, I am getting more than my moneys worth on it, so just bought it all again!

You can get a download from PSN that lets you share your DLC with other accounts on the same PS3 for GT5. I think its the family upgrade one and its free.

You can get a download from PSN that lets you share your DLC with other accounts on the same PS3 for GT5. I think its the family upgrade one and its free.

Your actually right about that. But it only shares a certain selection of the DLC content, I can't remember which bits, but I know its not ALL of the dlc that is out for GT5. It's fine though, as I said, I have it on both of my accounts so no problem! :dopey:

Took it for a spin for a few laps with tire wear on. This race may come down to who can keep it on the track This car brings back bad memories about trying to beat the Eiger TT challenge when I first got the game.

Took it for a spin for a few laps with tire wear on. This race may come down to who can keep it on the track This car brings back bad memories about trying to beat the Eiger TT challenge when I first got the game.

It won't be easy, but not "that" difficult. You simply have to lift more when the tires are older. 7 lap stints / 2 pits should make it fairly straightforward whereas 1 stop will be possible, but hairy.

I ran several 11 lap stints in testing and you can't push the car beyond its limits or it'll bite.

If it turns out to be "last man standing" you can blame me as this combo was 100% my idea. :scared:

I've bought the car and I've been running some laps to break it in (Also got my Bob breaking it in in BSpec right now) and get a feel for it. This is going to be a very long race though, about an hour from my estimates. I dunno if I can keep up the pace for a full hour. Pretty hard on the hands. The car is definitely a handful at the limits.

Sark

I've bought the car and I've been running some laps to break it in (Also got my Bob breaking it in in BSpec right now) and get a feel for it. This is going to be a very long race though, about an hour from my estimates. I dunno if I can keep up the pace for a full hour. Pretty hard on the hands. The car is definitely a handful at the limits.

Sark

Yes, it'll be just short of an hour (not including the formation lap). All our Wednesday races target around 55 minutes of racing which bring in pit and fuel strategy and reward consistency and tire mgmt as well as pure pace.

Our enduro's last 2.4 hours and the upcoming Greatest hits feature two 55 minute races and two 75 minute races. We like them long. :sly:

Out of curiosity would be ok to change the stock wheels for something in the salon? Same with paint? I've got the car broken in so it's ready to go, just wondering if I can customize it's looks.

Sark

Out of curiosity would be ok to change the stock wheels for something in the salon? Same with paint? I've got the car broken in so it's ready to go, just wondering if I can customize it's looks.

Sark

Yes, of course. Just don't add any parts as the room will be set to "Tuning Prohibited" and won't allow any non standard parts added.

I'm in for another round. Got a little bit of practice in yesterday. There are a lot of places on the track where you can screw up and lose serious amounts of time. I will try and join the Tuesday NA practice if I can.

Registering button is hide or picture is not loading - link is there.

Join in EU race.

Last edited:
Registering button is hide or picture is not loading - link is there.

Join in EU race.

Good to see you back Joel ! I have registered on reserve, if I am home in time I will be there for practise tomorrow and the EU race on wednesday.

I have some free time at begin of this week so decided to join this one :)

I was about to start figuring out a tune...until I realised the basis of this event was tuning-prohibited... 💡

Makes life so much easier!

Just had a quick run in this round Spa, its an absolute blast to drive, lots of sideways action me thinks

There are a lot of places on the track where you can screw up and lose serious amounts of time.

Yes there are. Tons of points where just a little bit too much speed will cost you dearly. But I think this race is going to be won or lost on the first turn after the start/finish line. It's approached at a pretty good clip and has a long braking zone. It's a near hairpin undulating from on camber to neutral to on camber. Too fast and you'll be WAY off the track, too slow and your whole lap will be a push to make up the time. Mark my words there'll be plenty that end up trying to scrape their front inside quarter off on that nasty barrier.

Sark

Edit: Clarity

Am I right in thinking that in F1 they use the straight after the hairpin as the start? Might this be more suitable as it means that you aren't hitting a hairpin immediately after starting the race. Seems like more potential for a pile up, lol.

Also, I feel I should note at this point, is the registration form going wrong? I'm sure I signed up for this, but seems to have reset everything. Not to mention the actual "button" to click for registering has turned into a tiny little "cannot display image" style box thing.

Am I right in thinking that in F1 they use the straight after the hairpin as the start? Might this be more suitable as it means that you aren't hitting a hairpin immediately after starting the race. Seems like more potential for a pile up, lol.

Speeds are not too high when approaching the hairpin. Plus it's wide. Plus an even wider run-off area. Plus I trust you guys :).

Might be a good idea for the academy on Saturday though.

Speeds are not too high when approaching the hairpin. Plus it's wide. Plus an even wider run-off area. Plus I trust you guys :).

Might be a good idea for the academy on Saturday though.

Yh good points actually. I guess there isnt much run after the start line before turn 1, so as you said, its not gunna get too crazy.

Also, I feel I should note at this point, is the registration form going wrong? I'm sure I signed up for this, but seems to have reset everything. Not to mention the actual "button" to click for registering has turned into a tiny little "cannot display image" style box thing.

Everything is still working as normal. That's also why there's a text link below the registration. Google docs is down in regards to photos right now, which is why the registration image isn't showing proper.

I hate starting the race after turn 1 at Spa, especially with a rolling start. The pole sitter might as well just be a sitting duck. I started on pole there before and was third before we hit the first real turn after Kemmel. Defeats the point of qualifying.

I think we should stick to a normal start, just be carefull and everything will be alright....

Latest Posts

Back