GTP WRS-Online : Event 91 : Taking Your Girl for a Scenic Drive–June 5

Another double lobby this week ? we might get there, and I have to thank the guy who sended me a fully broken in silvia didn't look who it was :).

I'm 100% sure I can make the EU race now. :) Gonna have to start practicing soon.

I also have a broken in car for this if anyone would like one sent to them. Will be at work until 6pm gmt tomorrow though so can't get it to you sooner than that if ya do want one ;)

looking like a pretty quiet NA time slot. :/

Definitely compared to EU. For some reason we have a hard time rustling up NA drivers even when we are overflowing with EU guys. Luckily a few EU drivers get up in the middle of the night to run NA and also a few AU guys otherwise the participating wild be dismal.

I may just have to be a sacrificial lamb and sign up for NA... Cold, no practice and not even a broken in car, but it's not official without 6 so I might as well just jump in there. We'll see if anyone else signs up and in the meantime my Bob is breaking in a car.

I will probably be there for the NA race, but Tim, consider joining us anyways!

If needed, I can be available for the NA race. I fully broke-in my car with intentions of doing the TT, but never got around to it.

I'm signed up as reserve... I just can't stand this track. Wish I could run next week at Spa. :(

I'll probably sign up for EU and NA after practice tonight.

Also, I finally received my external mic for my laptop and so I'll test livestreaming with it in practice. Paul eventually beat me to it with livestreaming with webcam and mic. So there will be two similar livestreams only from different views. :sly:

Captain Slow will be joining this week. Didn't get much time on this last week as work has been all encompassing unfortunately. My car is broken in I think but I was wondering if there are some settings updates, from memory I just used the first one that was posted to the TT thread.

Also is it worth adding the chassis reinforcement, I know sometimes that can make understeer worse and this car certainly has plenty of that.

I'll probably sign up for EU and NA after practice tonight.

Also, I finally received my external mic for my laptop and so I'll test livestreaming with it in practice. Paul eventually beat me to it with livestreaming with webcam and mic. So there will be two similar livestreams only from different views. :sly:

That's awesome Chris!

Edit: I was wandering, there must be a way to embed twitch stream. Might be cool to just embed the stream when it goes live so guys here can tune into the stream without having to go to the website. Or maybe it's only available to embed to websites, not message boards/forums etc.

Captain Slow will be joining this week. Didn't get much time on this last week as work has been all encompassing unfortunately. My car is broken in I think but I was wondering if there are some settings updates, from memory I just used the first one that was posted to the TT thread.

Also is it worth adding the chassis reinforcement, I know sometimes that can make understeer worse and this car certainly has plenty of that.
I haven't even driven the car yet and am breaking it in on the B-Spec Indy 500 as we speak
That's awesome Chris!

Edit: I was wandering, there must be a way to embed twitch stream. Might be cool to just embed the stream when it goes live so guys here can tune into the stream without having to go to the website. Or maybe it's only available to embed to websites, not message boards/forums etc.
I won't be as wordy as you because I still need to translate before I speak. :)
Yeah, it would be cool to be able to embed it here. What I mostly did in the past was this. Screenpic of the stream and link to the vid on it.

Ahh I see now. I'll probably just send a link like I have been doing. Im too lazy to take photos! :D

The main (GTP_3D3Racing)'s lounge is open for practice.

The main (GTP_3D3Racing)'s lounge is open for practice.

Awesome, I'll be in there shortly.

Edit: We just passed 16 drivers (now 17). We will see how many we have tomorrow, but split grid is looking likely again this week. Great to see such amazing turnout at the moment!

The lounge is full (15). I'm going to hop out and back in as 3D3 so that one other person can join.

I need to go for dinner Ill rejoin later hopefully some guys will still be in the room then. Sorry for the confusion at the end there, shoulda left you more space given you were a bit wiggly ;)

Going to pass this one i totally don't like this car and track combination and i'm not enjoying it so. I'll be there next week on spa tho one of my favorite tracks in gt5.

Please be aware there is a pit entry speed limit on Autumn Ring - Reverse. If you enter the pits and the AI takes over when you are going too fast you may be held in the pits after your stop is complete for a few seconds.

Pekka and I did some testing and it looks like around 130km/h is about as fast as you want to enter. Enter at 132 and you will get a penalty so you might not want to cut it that close.

We didn't try in a race, but in free run when you enter pits too fast you'll see your car be taken over by the AI and then teleport back to pit entry... the view changes a couple times. If you do it slower you'll see this doesn't happen. From our experience this usually translates to a pit penalty and ignore at your own risk. :sly:

Yes, I noticed it also, was gunna mention that.

Sadly I've had to pull out for sure on the NA this week. I need to be in work at 7am, which means getting up at 6, so realistically I'd just have to not sleep at all that night to make the race, and then be dead at work, so just gunna give it a rest this week and stick to EU.

Here's my current setup :

Nissan Silvia spec-R AERO (S15) RM '02

330 bhp / 1000kg (522pp)

Downforce 20/50
no ballast

Transmission.
first set the final gear to 5.500 and max speed to 180 km/h (all the way to left)
and then set the gears as follows:

F4.010

LSD 8/27/18

Suspension
-10/40
10.0/15.0
4/7
2/1
7/1

2.5/1.4
0.15/-1.00

Brakes 3/5 (ABS3)