GTP WRS-Online : Special XI - Fujissan Mixed Class Enduro - Jan 26/27

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 293 comments
If anyone is curious, here is my setup. PB is 28.980
IMG_20130125_162035.jpg

Here are the GT class qualifying results:

enduro_fuji_gt_qualifying_zpsbfe31999.png

Congratz Ren on pole position. 👍

Now you should pick your class. :lol: I assume given these results you are going with the GT class.

Congratz Ren on pole position. 👍

Now you should pick your class. :lol: I assume given these results you are going with the GT class.

Congratulations Ren! 👍 Nice lap there ;)

Woohoo! Thanks, guys. Yeah, GT class - it's a sign. And I was having trouble with consistency when I tried jumping in the LMP again. Beat my PB that lap by .05-.01 :crazy:

Great lap, Ren! :cheers:

If the planets align for me on Sunday, I'll be in the back in GT, just hoping for one 1'34.9 during the looooong race. :)

Woohoo! Thanks, guys. Yeah, GT class - it's a sign. And I was having trouble with consistency when I tried jumping in the LMP again. Beat my PB that lap by .05-.01 :crazy:

OK, made that change for you.

Also, updated the status of any driver that didn't run a qualification lap within the specified window to reserve. We currently have 15 confirmed drivers (7 LMP + 8 GT) and two of the reserves ran a quali lap within the window: Wes - LMP and Shawn - GT. They have first dibs on the remaining slot.

The other drivers can still qualify "late" until the day of the race.

Congratulations on the Gt pole Ren.

Yesterday the remark was made during practise in the lounge that not many tunes for the GT where shared. Now that quali's are done, maybe some people would share their set up.

In my case, I am on a pretty standard setup, with my own gearbox adjustment (shortend the first gears).

Friday 25/01/2013 20.00GMT - Full practise Fuji F

1. GTP_Racingworld - GT
2. GTP_Straffestef - GT
3. GTP_n0iZe - GT - 75% I'm there, 20:00 GMT is a little bit early for me
4. GTP_Rikson - GT

Saturday 26/01/2013 02.00 GMT - Full practise Fuji F

1. GTP_Racingworld - GT

Not sure if I run the full practise race tonight,but will be there for at least an hour.
Have to fix my brake pedal today,started messin' around just before my quali :grumpy:

Not sure if I run the full practise race tonight,but will be there for at least an hour.
Have to fix my brake pedal today,started messin' around just before my quali :grumpy:

You quoted the wrong post I think. There was one after that with an additional sign up and time changed to 2100. Correct me if I'm wrong frank.

I may make it for at least part of the race, but not if I'm the only LMP.

-------------

Friday 25/01/2013 21.00GMT - Full practise Fuji F

1. GTP_Racingworld - GT
2. GTP_Straffestef - GT
3. GTP_n0iZe - GT - 75%
4. GTP_b00gee60 - GT 75%
5. GTP_Rikson - GT
6. GTP_WRP001 - LMP - maybe pending other LMP cars

1. GTP_Racingworld - GT

Last edited:
Still unsure if I'll be able to attend the first practice race, if I'm awake I'll be there if not then I won't.
I'll post in here if I get up early enough Tim, I would certainly like to get as much practice around other cars as I can.

P.S. Conrats on the pole position Ren, was a great lap to watch 👍

Still unsure if I'll be able to attend the first practice race, if I'm awake I'll be there if not then I won't.
I'll post in here if I get up early enough Tim, I would certainly like to get as much practice around other cars as I can.

P.S. Conrats on the pole position Ren, was a great lap to watch 👍

Ok. If you sleep in I won't blame you. We can do some laps later in the day in that case. Maybe I'll keep up with you tomorrow!

PS. When did I get over 6000 posts? :dizzy:

Congrats on your pole Ren! 👍
Great lap!

Now that the practice is moved to 21:00 GMT I'm sure to make it and run it completely.

-------------

1. GTP_Racingworld - GT
2. GTP_Straffestef - GT
3. GTP_n0iZe - GT - 75%
4. GTP_b00gee60 - GT 75%
5. GTP_Rikson - GT
7. GTP_Speedy6543 - GT

1. GTP_Racingworld - GT[/QUOTE]

-------------

1. GTP_Racingworld - GT
2. GTP_Straffestef - GT
3. GTP_n0iZe - GT - 75%
4. GTP_b00gee60 - GT 75%
5. GTP_Rikson - GT
7. GTP_Speedy6543 - GT
8. GTP_JTV - LMP 50%

1. GTP_Racingworld - GT[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

At the moment there is only intrest in the first full practise race at 21.00 GMT. If there is no further intrest in practise 2 (maybe a bad timeslot ??) then I just will do an open practise in free mode :)

Now that the practice is moved to 21:00 GMT I'm sure to make it and run it completely.

That is why we moved it :) But could not tell it anymore last night, you had suddenly disappeared !

Very happy with the time-slot change, should be able to make the full practice.

-------------------------------------------------------------

1. GTP_Racingworld - GT
2. GTP_Straffestef - GT
3. GTP_n0iZe - GT
4. GTP_b00gee60 - GT 75%
5. GTP_Rikson - GT
7. GTP_Speedy6543 - GT
8. GTP_JTV - LMP 50%

Great lap, Ren! 👍
Wow, very pleased with my quali.

Last edited:
If I get back in time i'll join, maybe not for all of it though.

img.php

1. GTP_Racingworld - GT
2. GTP_Straffestef - GT
3. GTP_n0iZe - GT
4. GTP_b00gee60 - GT 75%
5. GTP_Rikson - GT
6. GTP_WRP001 - LMP 50% (pending other LMP cars)
7. GTP_Speedy6543 - GT
8. GTP_JTV - LMP 50%
9. GTP_Hasslemoff - LMP 50%

Last edited by a moderator:
Plans have changed, ill join tonight and ill be in the lounge in about ten min's.

img.php

1. GTP_Racingworld - GT
2. GTP_Straffestef - GT
3. GTP_n0iZe - GT
4. GTP_b00gee60 - GT 75%
5. GTP_Rikson - GT
6. GTP_WRP001 - LMP 50% (pending other LMP cars)
7. GTP_Speedy6543 - GT
8. GTP_JTV - LMP 50%
9. GTP_Hasslemoff - LMP 100%

When I get a chance today, I'll post my setup. The only thing I need to adjust is my gearing as it was setup specifically for qualifying.

We're most likely going to be running a full lounge of 16 on Sunday (with mics-disabled) which means we can't use the 3d3 lounges (which reserve a spot for the 3D3 account "owner").

Therefore, all drivers should verify they are on my friends list (GTP_WRP001) as my lounge will be used for the enduro and for a backup also make sure Speedy (GTP_Speedy6543) is on your list as we'll use his lounge as a backup in case I have a last minute emergency.

Neither support race looks to be full so we'll most likely run those races in the main lounge, but we'll post an update on Saturday.

I'm up and will be attending the practice race.

👍 With you and Paul confirming my odds just went up significantly. With 3 LMP cars it should be good fun. I've organized the sign ups by class and quali time so we have a quick reference at the start.

------------------------------------------------------------

img.php
LMP
  1. GTP_JTV - 1'29.697
  2. GTP_Hasslemoff - 1'29.971
  3. GTP_WRP001 - 1'30.025
GT
  1. GTP_n0iZe - 1'35.635
  2. GTP_Speedy6543 - 1'35.737
  3. GTP_Rikson - 1'35.836
  4. GTP_Allibubba99 - 1'35.932 (leaving early)
  5. GTP_Racingworld - 1'36.598
  6. GTP_Straffestef - 1'37.948
  7. GTP_b00gee60 (75%) - 1'38.991

Last edited:
You know what, count me in too. I haven't played GT5 since I qualified for the race (w00t, 3rd place :)), so it would be good to get a bit more practice in.

------------------------------------------------------------

img.php
LMP
  1. GTP_gmmatthew - 1'29.023
  2. GTP_JTV - 1'29.697
  3. GTP_Hasslemoff - 1'29.971
  4. GTP_WRP001 - 1'30.025
GT
  1. GTP_n0iZe - 1'35.635
  2. GTP_Speedy6543 - 1'35.737
  3. GTP_Rikson - 1'35.836
  4. GTP_Allibubba99 - 1'35.932 (leaving early)
  5. GTP_Racingworld - 1'36.598
  6. GTP_Straffestef - 1'37.948
  7. GTP_b00gee60 (75%) - 1'38.991

Here's my GTR setup.

suspension:
0/0
16.5/12.0
5/4
6/6
5/4
2.0/0.8
0.00/0.00

LSD:
5/8
5/10
5/8

Aero:
35/60

BB:
5/3

Gears:
Final Gear right
Top Speed left

Mid way through practice and at pit pause. How is everyone going so far on these tires with the LMP???

I was having so much fun, going steady, when afther 1.h40 min I got DC'd. This does not ofthen happens to me, but it sure wasn't the right time now :banghead:

Had to quit about two hours in to pick up my sister from her friend's house. I had agreed to do it earlier, and in any case it's only a practice race.

I'm fairly pleased with my performance, I was generally able to keep the car under control with only a few slides and missed apexes. My biggest incident had to be trying to overtake a GT-R on turn 2 and going very wide, losing 2 seconds. Best lap was a 1'28.590.

Was fun tonight guys 👍
Unfortunatly I ran out of fuel, but I'm lucky it was in the practice.
Pretty happy tough with my pace in the race, had only one spin in the last stint and ran wide two times.

---------------------
Here is my GTR setup:

Suspension:
10/0
15.2/10.7
7/6
6/5
3/2
1.5/1.0
-0.20/-0.25

LSD:
9/10
30/20
5/12

Aero:
35/60

BB:
5/8

Gears:
Final Gear right
Top Speed left

Had to quit about two hours in to pick up my sister from her friend's house. I had agreed to do it earlier, and in any case it's only a practice race.

I'm fairly pleased with my performance, I was generally able to keep the car under control with only a few slides and missed apexes. My biggest incident had to be trying to overtake a GT-R on turn 2 and going very wide, losing 2 seconds. Best lap was a 1'28.590.

You had really good pace. It doesn't look like you were using TCS on the replay... did you decide to turn it off?

I went wide in 100R three times I think... every time trying to pass Stef who I kept catching at the worst possible moments. :lol: Each one cost me about 2-3 seconds. I had one semi-spin on my first race lap which cost me 5-6 seconds and let you guys get away, but after that settled in pretty well.

I did too many pit stops (5) to keep up with you though... gotta see if I can trim at least one of them out. Came out fairly close to JTV though. If he hadn't run out of fuel we would have been within 3 seconds after 90 laps. :dopey:

Details for the support races have been published. Pay close attention to the text in bold/blue for details specific for this event. And note that in order to make the classes converge at the end it will be required that all drivers execute a simulated driver change/pit pause. Each class has their own time requirement... see below:

Important notes for the Support races. (note: the two formation laps and GT getting a head start will NOT apply to the Enduro on Sunday)

Summary:
  1. The races will be set to 35 laps. (34+1 for LMP, 33+2 for GT)
  2. The lounge will be open about 1 hour before the race begins -- watch thread for announcement.
  3. Be on time (at least 5 minutes early, but preferably 15).
  4. Regulation checks will begin promptly at race start time.
  5. There will be 2 formation laps for GT drivers and 1 formation lap for LMP drivers.
  6. The formation lap speed limit is 62 mph / 100 kph and a staggered two wide formation will be used.
  7. No tire warming procedures allowed during formation laps.
  8. Pits are open for the entire race and there is a required short pause in the pits to simulate a driver change.
  9. The race finish delay will be set to the max 180 seconds.

Regulation Checks:

All drivers should be in the lounge at least 5 minutes before the race start time. We will begin reviewing these rules at that time. Mics are disabled so it will take a little longer to get all the instructions out. Once the steward begins to type out the instructions please refrain from using the text chat unless you have an important question.

At the race start time we will begin regulation checks. You will be called by name to enter the lounge with the GT drivers entering first in starting order and then LMP cars after regs are updated. Do not enter the course until your name is called and do not exit to the lobby once you are entered.

Stay in the pits until the system places you on the starting grid and then we'll begin the formation lap procedures above.

Formation Laps:

The GT class will leave the grid in order of qualifying and run a single file formation lap at 80 mph (faster than normal formation). Basically the goal of this lap is just to get around fairly quickly and reform for formation Lap 2. At the same time the faster class cars (LMP) will allow the GT class to clear the grid and then leave the grid and park single file on the far left of the track just before turn 1. Be sure to avoid parking close to the pit entrance or exit to avoid any "glitches".

The GT class will finish lap 1, pass the parked LMP class and start lap 2 of their formation lap. The GT class should proceed on formation lap 2 at 62 mph/100 kmh. The LMP class will wait until the slower class cars are entering 100R and then begin to form up in qualifying order and begin their own formation lap at 62 mph /100 kmh. The faster class should maintain about a 1 sector gap to the slower class for most of the formation lap. The pole car each class is responsible for setting a steady pace while allowing the group to keep together.

The GT class will begin the race at the start/finish line after their 2nd formation lap. The target start line is the official timing line and the lead car should make sure after the final turn that all cars have formed behind and closed the gap before the group approaches the start. At that point it's up to the lead car to accelerate to start the race and all other cars can speed up when the car in front of you does so.

The LMP class cars will follow the same procedure and starting point, but the goal will be to time their start at the start finish line so that the lead car from the slower class is exiting Hairpin (half a lap) when the LMP class accelerates to race pace. That should give the GT cars a 1.5 lap head start.

The 62 mph formation laps should be taken in staggered formation. The lead car will take the left side of the track. The second car should take to the right side of the track and alternate all the way back. This helps keep a tighter pack while maintaining better visibility versus single file. Cars should not "overlap" with the car in front of them. No passing before the start/finish line.

Simulated Driver Change:

The LMP class must make a 2 minute pause and the GT class must make a 30 second pause.

Finish:

Between the extra formation lap and shorter pit pause the two classes should finish the race pretty closely. I'm not sure who will actually finish first, but all cars should have a fair chance to complete the race before the timer expires.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back