GTP_WRS Week 101 : Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 87 comments
Hmm, watching these replays is making me wonder whether I got the gearing wrong. I was getting close to redline in 5th on both the long straights, even needing 5th on the run up to the last sweeping left hander. Probably explains why I never got close to seeing 29s in the middle of the race when getting the big tow from the AI.

Great vids/races, Chris & Wes :D 👍

GTP_Airsick good clean fast laps
user118395pic1573412914.gif

Thanks for the check. I couldn't get your replay but I think it's because you have two https in the address. I'll try again.

Hate to do this Firecracker but...I think you hit mirrors with the black volkswagon on lap one just before the left in T3. I'll try to upload a pic I got.

GTP_GDS...Clean

I am calling it clean but man there was a couple of real close calls first lap passing that VW I dont think you coild have put a chess slice between your cars,and i do think some one would of ended up with a broken side view mirror :scared:

Edit: I see Airsick is seeing the same thing as I was it is deffanatly a close one

3---7'44.810---GTP_DOUG

Looks clean. Close to the wall in T3 on lap one but room for cheese. :)

how does this work?

can anyone vertify replays? or do you have to be a "trusthed" member somehow?

3---7'44.810---GTP_DOUG

Looks clean. Close to the wall in T3 on lap one but room for cheese.

Thanks I knew it was close I spent a lot of time previewing it befor I submitted it

GTP_UnshavenYapp Any one can review replays it is up too the participants too do the reviews.

Replay Checking:

It is customary for all participants of the WRS to verify each others submitted replays
Once you have checked the replay, post in this thread to say that you have checked it and whether it's clean, dirty or doesn't meet the required race specifications
When verifying a replay, check against this weeks race specification, check that the tyres are the correct compound and that the power and weight is correct for example
If you are unsure about a replay, always seek a second opinion before posting

GTP_GDS...Clean

I am calling it clean but man there was a couple of real close calls first lap passing that VW I dont think you coild have put a chess slice between your cars,and i do think some one would of ended up with a broken side view mirror :scared:

Edit: I see Airsick is seeing the same thing as I was it is deffanatly a close one
Thanks for checking my replay, and yes that was close!! I rechecked it several times myself also lap 5 near the last turn when I nearly spun out. I wouldn't normally post a lap like that, but I only had one good lap time out of the whole darn thing and I was gloating to see myself halfway up the leaderboard!! HEH HEH.

Last edited:
GTP_UnshavenYapp Any one can review replays it is up too the participants too do the reviews.

Thanks for clearing that out, im pretty sure i have gone thru all the WRS info threads but cant recall seeing that.......

Anyways il take my part of the work no worries 👍

Thanks for checking my replay, and yes that was close!! I rechecked it several times myself also lap 5 near the last turn when I nearly spun out. I wouldn't normally post a lap like that, but I only had one good lap time out of the whole darn thing and I was gloating to see myself halfway up the leaderboard!! HEH HEH.

I loved the last lap in T3 it was almost 3 wide.👍 Nice run.

Here's my replay link from Mediafire.

WRS.oink83.week101.replay.zip

I was just checking over my own replay comparing it with others to see where I was losing time, and I happened to notice that it may possibly go down as "dirty". Lord knows how I managed not to notice before. If someone could review the replay and give a second opinion that would be great.

The incident I found is at the kink, either lap 2 or 3 (havn't got it up now cant remember which sorry), I pass the car ahead on the inside, and he then clips the rear side of my car.

However this event did actually specify that 1 allowance of an AI touch could be made if in the right condition. I would like to say that in this incident, the AI fella actually turned into the back of my car, and I was holding my line anyway, so didnt actually gain any advantage from it.

If you guys think its bad though, I am apologetic, and will take the DQ :guilty:

(replay is PAL btw)

Hmm, watching these replays is making me wonder whether I got the gearing wrong. I was getting close to redline in 5th on both the long straights, even needing 5th on the run up to the last sweeping left hander. Probably explains why I never got close to seeing 29s in the middle of the race when getting the big tow from the AI.

Great vids/races, Chris & Wes :D 👍

That was my problem. I should have messed with the gears. I was 3 mph less on some straights than those with good laps. I went back and ran it again, and was faster with a tranny adjustment. Oh well, live and learn. On the seasonal time trials, I watch the replays and can see the speeds they hit, then make adjustments to get those speeds. I should have made adjustments.

The incident I found is at the kink, either lap 2 or 3 (havn't got it up now cant remember which sorry), I pass the car ahead on the inside, and he then clips the rear side of my car.

Just looked at your replay, and im sorry bro. to me that is your mistake. he does hold he's line and you are blastin by him on the inside and makes contact your rear fender/ he's front fender.

i do have a real life licens as an official for MC Road/dirt racing, and i can only say if that had happend on the real track and he crashed due to what i see here. you would be banned.

Kinda hate my first review to be a dismiss, but just trying to be a fair judge. :guilty:

However i would like to see what everyone else here is thinking. hard to know if im harsh or not, this being my first time. :)

Last edited:
Just looked at your replay, and im sorry bro. to me that is your mistake. he does hold he's line and you are blastin by him on the inside and makes contact your rear fender/ he's front fender.

Understandable to be honest, I am not quite sure how I didnt realise it wasnt perfectly clean before I submitted, I watched it back, but just must not have looked at that moment.

Yeh, the only thing I feel like with that one though, is of course I would not have made a pass like that normally, but the AI left a huge gap on the inside which I needed to take, and he then turned back in towards the middle after going wide after I had move beyond him, thus clipping the back part of my car. If I had actually driven into him I would definitely agree, but the fact that I was turning away from him, and was ahead of him at the point of contact might be reason enough for it to be deemed just about ok?

EDIT: Perhaps Kevin could help with this issue with a tighter definition on the allowance of touching the AI?

Last edited:
EDIT: Perhaps Kevin could help with this issue with a tighter definition on the allowance of touching the AI?

This is the rule as stated in the OP.

• AI Contact - 1 Incident in which AI initiates contact is allowed. Review is based on steering input. If car is turned in toward AI car, contact is illegal.
I would suggest watching from the AI car view, and watch AI steering input as well. If AI does not alter line by steering in, it's dirty. If AI does alter line by steering in, it's questionable, and still requires review.

I don't like making subjective rules/rulings like this, but I also hesitated to put up an AI event since they have had poor turnout in past iterations of WRS, mainly due to people's frustration with AI contact.

Please have another look yourself and let us know if AI steers into you. If they do, I will have one of the race admins with a PAL disk review your replay.

EDK
Please have another look yourself and let us know if AI steers into you. If they do, I will have one of the race admins with a PAL disk review your replay.

I think to be honest after hitting replay about 20 times in a row, that his line didnt alter, and it is therefore my fault.

I feel so ashamed of myself :( First entry in WRS and I cocked it right up. I hope you will accept my apology, and I will learn from here to double check all my submissions.

Just checked Zapphoid´s replay and i´m not really sure about.

Submitted time is 8:09:008, i calculated 8:09:003.
Faster than submitted.

Round 1 at 01:20 he drifted in a car which was in his normal turn and i think not steered in.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?v3ed6c96kn9v5re

Round 4 at 00:58 he drifted to a wall and on the replay a scratching sound was readable, on the picture no clear contact visible.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?w64xpm89bubisi9

I´m not really good in racing and special cases happening in GT5, so maybe you have yourself a look on the situations or a admin is taking a clearer look.

For the time, i´m sorry, i have to give a red flag.

2---8'09.008---GTP_zapphoid (Replay Needed)
rflagnv1.gif

Last edited:
whiskyecho96
Just checked Zapphoid´s replay and i´m not really sure about.

Submitted time is 8:09:008, i calculated 8:09:003.
Faster than submitted.

Round 1 at 01:20 he drifted in a car which was in his normal turn and i think not steered in.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?v3ed6c96kn9v5re

Round 4 at 00:58 he drifted to a wall and on the replay a scratching sound was readable, on the picture no clear contact visible.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?w64xpm89bubisi9

I´m not really good in racing and special cases happening in GT5, so maybe you have yourself a look on the situations or a admin is taking a clearer look.

For the time, i´m sorry, i have to give a red flag.

2---8'09.008---GTP_zapphoid (Replay Needed)

Thanks for checking, I need to impove my hand writing. I had missed the wall contact sound

2---7'35.766---GTP_SnowCrash

1---7'56.189---GTP_whiskyecho96

I also watched Zapphoids replay and have to confirm the red flag for illegaly hitting an AI Car on lap 1 and hitting the wall on lap 4.

2---8'09.008---GTP_zapphoid
rflagnv1.gif

3---7'36.272---GTP_viper84

Nice run!

Had to replay a couple of times at the kink on your first lap, but checks out nicely!

1---7'31.616---GTP_w-g-e

:bowdown:

Last edited:
Back