GTP_WRS Week 103 : Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 64 comments
I'm not sure if you're serious but demotions aren't possible unless requested (and accepted by the admins).

We could use some more drivers for the online version of this combo on wednesday.;)

Nice to know (I think I read it before now you mention it). I'd like to join you but I'm off to London for the weekend tomorrow (valentines trip with the wife). I look forward to Tokyo next week though! It'll be my first time online.

Just about to start the upload to youtube, then I will leave it to upload while I go and eat pancakes :P

EDIT: 252 minutes remaining... slow internet

Last edited:
Should be uploaded before I need to sleep :) Does anyone know how to embed the youtube player into this page, in the past I have only been able to link youtube videos to here, when I try to embed the video it would just turn out as a white box?

Should be uploaded before I need to sleep :) Does anyone know how to embed the youtube player into this page, in the past I have only been able to link youtube videos to here, when I try to embed the video it would just turn out as a white box?
Use this button -
youtube2.gif
and paste in the YouTube video ID (the code at the end of the YouTube URL)
If you click Quote on this post, you'll see the code.

Thought I'd check some replays:

7---1'00.180---GTP_Rossi
user118395pic1573412914.gif

1---0'59.592---GTP_Kreezydoed

2---1'01.220---GTP_whiskyecho96

Congratulations to all podium finishers and division winners. Great times banditkarter and cats-pajamas.

I lost alot in sector 3 - seems as if I found even more extra tack lol. I was quite pleased with my lap though - couldn't realistically have gone that much quicker.

Cheers for a fun combo, I'll be running the next tuning event.

Right, 4 hours later and it has finished uploading :) Let me know what you think, constructive criticism is more than welcome, I could have talked in more detail if I had written a few notes before hand but it is my first video of this kind, I hope to do more :)

I have to say I was initially stunned when I saw that I ended up with a positive handicap result, but thinking about it I can understand why. Nobody who submitted had a handicap below 2.0 (I actually had the best handicap), and a load of great performances this week meant that even Bandit and Baron's insane times were only D1 Bronze level.

Yep, I was surprised too. 3rd, 4th and 5th all got positive handicaps this week, but it's sometimes like that. The top 5 positions all have relatively similar handicaps, so really the top two were unlucky not to gain a tonne more than they did.

Congrats on pinching 3rd off me at the end, a mid to high 3 was my aim and about all I could have got, but just didn't get it done!

Right at the death I binned a .657 with a .436 first sector at the last hairpin and gave up :crazy:

BanditKarter22
Right, 4 hours later and it has finished uploading :) Let me know what you think, constructive criticism is more than welcome, I could have talked in more detail if I had written a few notes before hand but it is my first video of this kind, I hope to do more :)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V97sXcAN40U&feature">YouTube Link</a>

Great lap bandit, love watching that first corner.

Great Combo, spent more than a little time on this one. Replay as requested.

Attachments

• GTP_RaceRyder Week 103 NTSC Replay.zip
    189.2 KB · Views: 8
Here's my replay. It was a fun and very addicting combo.

PS: You guys should come race it with us. ;)

Attachments

• GTP_Worst_Driver Week 103 NTSC.zip
    187.3 KB · Views: 8

Nice. Very informative. There's always more that can be said, but keeping it short and sweet is part of the point I think. You could have mentioned your braking points / full throttle points in more detail - like in the last long right hander you want to tangent the end of the rumble strip on the right and at that point you can be at full throttle. Stuff like that. I think I asked you before what tune you used, because I verified Manu's lap and saw how his (or rather Baron's) suspension settings made his car very nervous. Your lap was very smooth and laid back.
Thanks and I hope you consider doing this again. Maybe it should be an obligation for whoever wins :lol: (joking).

Nice. Very informative. There's always more that can be said, but keeping it short and sweet is part of the point I think. You could have mentioned your braking points / full throttle points in more detail - like in the last long right hander you want to tangent the end of the rumble strip on the right and at that point you can be at full throttle. Stuff like that. I think I asked you before what tune you used, because I verified Manu's lap and saw how his (or rather Baron's) suspension settings made his car very nervous. Your lap was very smooth and laid back.
Thanks and I hope you consider doing this again. Maybe it should be an obligation for whoever wins :lol: (joking).

The tune wasn't bad, I was just nervous in the second sector, wasn't quite sure what to do there so my driving around there was always nervous, I braked to early for that corner (beginning of the new section) because on a previous lap when I braked I understeered and missed the corner, this time I was way too early so I climbed the curb a bit and that made the car nervous a bit, the curb there is high and can push you out making the car nervous a bit and that's probably why i looked nervous, that and I was holding my breath :scared:

I will put my tune up when I get home at around 1pm and also Manu I will reply to your message, I can't currently as I'm on my iPhone but I need to delete one of my stored messages first. Also did anyone notice that I missed the shift up to 6th on the back straight :lol: :embarrassed:

Last edited:
I will put my tune up when I get home at around 1pm and also Manu I will reply to your message, I can't currently as I'm on my iPhone but I need to delete one of my stored messages first. Also did anyone notice that I missed the shift up to 6th on the back straight :lol: :embarrassed:

Edit: Smooth is generally fast :)

I am usually extremly smooth, but that does not mean I am fast :sly:

Obviously it doesn't always mean fast but if you're on the edge of the grip limit and smooth then you should be fast ;)

EDIT: This is my tune All parts installed (except engine) to make up to 220bhp and 551pp.
Transmission: Reset, set max speed all way to left, set gears; 1st:4.615 2nd:3.421 3rd:2.735 4th:2.252 5th:1.925 6th:1.670 Then set final to 4.347

Limited Slip Differential; Initial Torque:7 Acc Sensitivity: 16 Braking Sensitivity: 7

Suspension; Ride: -20 -15
Rate: 14.0 13.3
Ext: 8 7
Comp: 7 6
ARB: 1 6
Camb: 2.0 0.8
Toe: -0.10 0.05
Just a quick setup I threw on the car, tried Baron's tune but didn't like it, only spent half an hour tweaking it so it's probably not optimum.

Last edited:
Either I'm having serious deja vu, or my posts sometimes just get lost...Oh well, here is my replay for this week.

Attachments

• GTP_oink_103_PAL_replay.zip
    189.2 KB · Views: 8
I posted some splits in the opening thread for this week, but didnt get to submit my time, hope its not a problem, il start working on the new weeks TT :)

Here's my replay for WK 103.

Attachments

• GTP_GDS_Week103-Replay.zip
    189.4 KB · Views: 8
0'59.474---GTP_Worst_Driver

Nice lap.

1'00.616---GTP_GDS

Good looking lines, just a bit cautious through the entire lap.

1'00.324---GTP_RaceRyder

Good lap. You entered the first corner and the last hairpin too slow, which cost some time. Go in a little harder, and let the car roll through the middle a bit more freely. Same in the last big corner, just let the car slow down on its own a bit more rather than using the brake and then having to maintain your speed through the corner with the gas.

1'01.131---GTP_b00gee60

Good lap. I think if you stayed in third gear coming out of the corners rather than second it would have helped you quite a bit. I think I only used second to help the car turn in turn 1 and the last hairpin, but I always shifted back to third before getting on the gas. In the final corner try to stay out wider on entry, the apex should be right where the red and white rumbles end.

All laps clean and correct.

Here is my replay.

Attachments

• GTP_Carbonfightr week 103 replay.zip
    190.3 KB · Views: 8
1---0'59.380---GTP_gmmatthew (Replay Needed)

Good lap mate 👍
2---0'59.241---GTPcats_pajamas (Replay Needed)

Clean

3---0'59.427---GTP_Insatiable (Replay Needed)

Clean

8---1'00.264---GTP_oink (Replay Needed)

Clean

7---1'00.698---GTP_Carbonfightr

Clean

Back