GTP_WRS Week 49 : Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 85 comments
Can't wait to see how T3 is supposed to be taken, like a few others have said, mine was bad (but only .2 off my fastest).

Congrats to all who reached their goals, and to the podium getters. :cheers:

Special mention to Ren for pipping me in T3, after being almost door-to-door at T2. 👍
Another great week for Al, too. 👍

:bowdown: to Kevin & Ramon for the excellent tunes, and thanks to Marc & Tim for the encouragement during my 800+ mile weekend slog! This combo was amazing. 👍

GTP_ealirendur - 1'48.383
user118395pic1573412914.gif

GTP_Rikson - 1'47.581

If you want some racing tips just let me know and I'll try to help a bit. 👍

1---1'46.555---GTP_eclipsi (Verified)
picture.php
- Amazing Ramon. 👍

And a chase cam video of Ramon's lap:

Last edited:
Awesome lap, Ramon!!! 👍 And Thank you, Chris!! 👍

Congratulations to the division winners!! 👍

A shout to Kevin and the team for another great week!! :)

Cheers energizerrr and ealirendur, was a lucky final run, and would have been impossible without edk and eclipsee tuning advice - thanks for the tips guys.

Was close again in d3, was going to submit with a 48,4 but managed 48,2 on my final run with new oil and body restoration.

Crazy fast times in d1, amazingly quick. Getting into the 46's is very impressive.

Well done to all the podium finishers and eclipsee for the overall win. This was a very enjoyable event.

Will post replay when i get in from work, or tomorrow.

Cheers

Louis

You may not have been asking me, but, yes PLEASE! Actually I learned a few things just watching your replay (Thanks Chris!), but I love reading people's track writeups.

Congratulations to all division and podium winners, and to all who manage to get to the end of this week.:cheers:

Insane times from Ramon and Twissy :bowdown:

👍 To Racer_LP and his winning on D2, i think you will be a "Halley comet" around here on your way up :sly:

But above all i think congratulations are in order to Rikson and Marc, well above their handicap 👍

Also a mention to Lou8ball, ealirendur and Allibubba99 with great performances 👍

Mixed feelings about this week, on one side really happy with my place and handicap (Vaxen is spoiling us :sly:) but on the other side for a instance i had doubts of submiting my time, because lost so much on T1 and on T3. Half an hour before the dedline i made a red lap of 1.47.2x without effort so i was in doubt if my time was any good. So, thanks Chris... :sly:

Oh, and i still hate Fuji :crazy:

Also thanks to Kevin for is tune, and for Ramon for his gearbox (sorry country neighbour, your tune was just to "alien" :dopey: )

My replay

Attachments

• GTP_UsualSuspect WRS 49 Replay PAL.rar
    302.1 KB · Views: 13
Here's my replay as requested.

Thanks.

Format: PAL

Attachments

• GTP_Sphinx - WRS-49.zip
    327.5 KB · Views: 12
3---1'50.385---GTP_Toymdngn

1---1'49.307---GTP_Allibubba99

2---1'50.060---GTP_RaceRyder

:)

Congrats to the Podium winners and to Ramon and Twissy for running just unbelievable laps.

D2 was tough this week, I could run for a day and not shave enough time off to make the podium. Great laps guys :cheers:

Big 👍 to Kevin and Ramon for the great tunes. Made a great combo even better :D

My replay : NTSC

Attachments

• GTP_Hydro WRS Week 49 ALFA NTSC .zip
    303.3 KB · Views: 16
GTP_ealirendur - 1'48.383

Thanks for the check, and the setup! (Kev, too!)

I certainly won't make you watch that T2 again - I missed both the major braking points that time out, and the line through 100R was off to boot. It's pretty clear now what a good one looked like 👍 Raincheck? :P

I think I'm starting to get to grips with the G27, but T3 with that setup still sometimes felt sort of like rollerskating blindfolded through randomly distributed banana peels :dunce:. I've got to watch me some replays; keep learning new little things to look for.

It'll be back to lack-of-track-knowledge-or-time next time out, probably. Good combo for me this time. Also, because racecar.

Now:

4---1'47.622---GTP_Sphinx

Love the slide into Netz 👍

1---1'47.330---GTP_Racer_LP

2---1'47.538---GTP_UsualSuspect

All clean, tyres and times match, and great laps to boot.

Last edited:
Thanks Mike!

Al

No problem mate :)

Your lap was good, a little less hesitation getting out of corner and you would been into 1:48s 👍 the racing line was fine.

Guys, we're looking for one more driver for the special event for team WRS on Saturday. See GTP WRS-Online : Special Event I - GTP_WRS vs ORCA - Jan 28 for details. We've had 2-3 cancellations in the last 48 hours, which is not unexpected for these things.

Also we are looking for one non-driving observer for Lobby B. That person wouldn't have many obligations and could watch the qualifying and race from the lobby. The one official task would be to observe the timing monitor during qualifying and either grab a screen shot of the final qualification times or jot down the times so we can record them later. We are using a fully on track qualifying procedure (nobody allowed to leave pits) so we won't be able to record the qualification times without a non-driver in the lobby observing.

Speedy is going to perform that role in Lounge A. He's also streaming the event so if you want to watch from outside the lobby you can do so here: http://www.twitch.tv/speedy6543/

The event starts at 19:00 GMT on Saturday, January 28th. Will probably run for 2 hours as there are two rounds of racing. Leave a note in the special event thread if you are interested/available as either a confirmed driver (one spot open) a reserve driver or an observer for lobby B (one spot open).

Thanks!

Guys, we're looking for one more driver for the special event for team WRS on Saturday. See GTP WRS-Online : Special Event I - GTP_WRS vs ORCA - Jan 28 for details. We've had 2-3 cancellations in the last 48 hours, which is not unexpected for these things.

Also we are looking for one non-driving observer for Lobby B. That person wouldn't have many obligations and could watch the qualifying and race from the lobby. The one official task would be to observe the timing monitor during qualifying and either grab a screen shot of the final qualification times or jot down the times so we can record them later. We are using a fully on track qualifying procedure (nobody allowed to leave pits) so we won't be able to record the qualification times without a non-driver in the lobby observing.

Speedy is going to perform that role in Lounge A. He's also streaming the event so if you want to watch from outside the lobby you can do so here: http://www.twitch.tv/speedy6543/

The event starts at 19:00 GMT on Saturday, January 28th. Will probably run for 2 hours as there are two rounds of racing. Leave a note in the special event thread if you are interested/available as either a confirmed driver (one spot open) a reserve driver or an observer for lobby B (one spot open).

Thanks!

Count me in. 👍

Oh sorry. Driver.

👍 i'll register you and your WRS time trial result puts you in lobby A.

I'll send you a friend request from GTP_3D3_A and GTP_3D3_B so you can take part in the races. If your friends list is full you'll need to clear two spots and send the request yourself because it'll reject my request.

Note that we are internal WRS-only running races today (EU race is in 3 hours). They are "official" WRS-OE races, but also practice for Saturday. Still spots open if you are interested, but not required.

GTP WRS-Online : Event 20 : TZ2, TZU - Jan 25

Also, please read the first three posts in the special event thread so you are up to speed on the format/rules/etc. Look forward to seeing you on track.

👍 i'll register you and your WRS time trial result puts you in lobby A.

I'll send you a friend request from GTP_3D3_A and GTP_3D3_B so you can take part in the races. If your friends list is full you'll need to clear two spots and send the request yourself because it'll reject my request.

Note that we are internal WRS-only running races today (EU race is in 3 hours). They are "official" WRS-OE races, but also practice for Saturday. Still spots open if you are interested, but not required.

GTP WRS-Online : Event 20 : TZ2, TZU - Jan 25

Also, please read the first three posts in the special event thread so you are up to speed on the format/rules/etc. Look forward to seeing you on track.

Okie Dokie, I'll take a gander at the rules and things when I get home. Not sure if I can make tonights venue. We'll see. 👍

@Chris, thanks for checking and for making the video. 👍

@anastasis14, did you fix the pic quality of your TV/monitor?

@Gravitron, I won't write any track writeup, that would take ages using my awful english trying to make it understandable :ouch: , Chris was very kind to make the video of my replay, the basics are there, braking, acceleration points, gear usage and racing line.
What I can do is give you some tips about subtle wrong things I might see in your replay, but we have a problem, I'm a PAL user so I would need a video of your replay, in fact two videos, one of the chase cam view and another one of the cockpit view, this way I could see your steering wheel inputs, anyway I guess it's too much work to make those videos.

Still, a very nice offer, Ramon. 👍 Don't have time or equipment to make videos this week, but will consider it in the future if I start pulling my hair out. :lol:

What I'm most interested in these days is conserving tires, for online races. I've watched replays where Wes or Dom or Kevin were present, and they typically wear their tires much slower, while keeping pace with me or faster. If I got the energy to make the videos you suggest, they'd probably come from an online race (vs a WRS TT), and I'd be asking questions about what I'm doing wrong to wear the tires so quickly.

Thanks for the consideration, and congrats again on a great lap/win! :cheers:

Okie Dokie, I'll take a gander at the rules and things when I get home. Not sure if I can make tonights venue. We'll see. 👍

One thing you may have missed. The online racing is using a complete stock car. No tuning or additions allowed. If you don't make the events today that's fine, but you might want to run a few laps in your own lobby... the car does handle a bit different. Also to just make sure your car passes the system inspection and is allowed on track. A couple notes:

1. You can't have the rigidity improvement installed. If you have this installed it can't be removed so you have to buy a new car and break it in before Saturday.
  2. If you changed to custom wheels you need to "reset" the transmission after installing the wheels.

Otherwise just make sure all setup changes are back to stock by hitting default on each screen and you should be good. You can test this in your own lounge by setting "Tuning: Prohibited" and making sure the system let's you enter the track. If so, you are good. Other WRS drivers may be practicing in our lounges between now and Saturday... check the WRS-OE thread above... people usually post when they are practicing.

EDIT: Sorry to hijack this thread... All future discussion will take place in the other threads. Still looking for a B lounge observer though. :sly:

Congratz to all podiums

Some amazing laptimes

Some amazing handicap results

Eric (Rikson) you really did well this time. I know Fuji is your home. Specially with this kind of cars but never expected you beat me big time. Congratz mate with your podium, you deserve it.

Post my replay later

In it's fourth year it is better than ever 👍
You can call me with the plain Anastasis, like everybody
:)
Anastasis :) , it's good to hear that then. 👍

What I'm most interested in these days is conserving tires, for online races. I've watched replays where Wes or Dom or Kevin were present, and they typically wear their tires much slower, while keeping pace with me or faster. If I got the energy to make the videos you suggest, they'd probably come from an online race (vs a WRS TT), and I'd be asking questions about what I'm doing wrong to wear the tires so quickly.
The first thing that comes to my mind for conserving tires is to be smooth on your driving, a la Jenson Button (no abrupt nor too much steering), being gentle with your throttle and brakes helps too but if you're too much gentle you'll be slower.

Back