@ Suzuka Circuit in GSR Spirit. ^_~
GTP_CAMikaze

GTPlanet Clio Cup Series

Round #3
Monaco (Côte d' Azur)

Track Map credits - [SEARCH]AMG.[/SEARCH]
Banner Credits - [SEARCH]mnm_bmx[/SEARCH]

Hot-Lap Qualifying, 10 Lap Sprint Race and 15 Lap Feature Race

Sunday, October 21st @ Midnight(24:00) GMT (8:00 pm EDT)

We now go from one of the more famous circuits in Japan to what basically is one of the most famous tracks in all of the world, the street course in Monte Carlo. Over the years, the course known in the Gran Turismo world as Côte d' Azur has been the home of the legendary Grand Prix race that has been run since back in the 1920's. Win here, and you'll be standing alongside royalty in both a racing and real-life sense. ;)

All rules, regulations, car specifications, and races are controlled by the GTP Clio Cup officials. Any and all questions should be directed to the GTP Clio Cup officials(CAMikaze and RACECAR) and they will do their best to answer in a timely and accurate manner.
All drivers must run at the specified Tires, Top Speed, Weight and Horsepower settings for each round.

All Other Standard Online Racing Rules apply.
  • No Cheating, Hybrids, or any funny stuff like that. Run the car according to the Specifications please.
  • Try and keep two wheels on the road at all times. No shortcuts.
  • No wall-riding. It slows you down.
  • TCS and/or ACS is allowed IF DESIRED, but NOT mandatory.
  • Discussion of the split times is allowed but the full lap and race times are not be mentioned in the thread until the results have been posted and made official. Doing so will subject the driver to a time penalty to be added on to the qualifying and/or race time.
  • Times must be submitted by PM to CAMikaze and RACECAR by the Deadline listed. Otherwise a time penalty of 1 second for every minute after the deadline it is sent in by will be assesed to the Qualifying and Race times. Should the time submission not be sent in to the GTP Clio Cup Stewards by 2 hours after the deadline has passed, the times sent in after then will not be counted in the results.

Car Specifications
Power: 261 HP (-11), Weight: 1058 kg (-8), Top Speed: 260 km/h (0), Tires: RH/RH only

Qualifying Specifications
Arcade Mode >>> Time Trial >>> City Courses >>> Côte d' Azur >>> Select Car

Sprint Race Specifications
Arcade Mode >>> Single Race >>> City Courses >>> Côte d' Azur >>> Select Car
Transmission: MT or AT, Driving Aids: Your Choice, Tires: Racing: Hard, Difficulty: At least +5
Race Options: Arcade: No. of Laps: 10, Tire Wear: Mild, Driving Aids: Your Choice, Penalty: Forced Pit Entry, Time Limit: None

Feature Race Specifications

Arcade Mode >>> Single Race >>> City Courses >>> Côte d' Azur >>> Select Car
Transmission: MT or AT, Driving Aids: Your Choice, Tires: Racing: Hard, Difficulty: At least +5
Race Options: Arcade: No. of Laps: 15, Tire Wear: Mild, Driving Aids: Your Choice, Penalty: Forced Pit Entry, Time Limit: None

Please make sure you send your Times formatted this way. It'll make it easier, and we'll be good.;)
Code:
Driver(Country): [Your name and country here]
Car #: [Your car # here]
Team: [The team you're racing for here]

Qualifying: [Your fastest Qualifying lap time here]

Sprint Race
Total Time: [The time it took for you to complete the race]
Best Lap: [Your fastest race lap]
AI Settings: [The level you had the AI race at and what tire settings you gave the AI]

Feature Race
Total Time: [The time it took for you to complete the race]
Best Lap: [Your fastest race lap]
AI Settings: [The level you had the AI race at and what tire settings you gave the AI]

A couple more notes before we get things going here.

• Some Ground Rules: Not much to say here, except keeping the car off the walls is pretty much top priority in this round. There's not a lot of room for error in some parts of the track.
  • Also, be on the lookout for the other cars if they lose control and end up pointing the wrong way. They may try to back up to get back on route and could cross your path as you round a corner causing you to collide with it.
  • Again regarding submitting your times, for the Clio Cup Season once you have submitted your times, they're locked in and can not be changed. If you believe you can do better, hold off on sending the times in until you believe you cannot do any better or don't think you would have any more time to try to set a faster time. And make sure you PM your final times to myself(CAMikaze) and RACECAR before the race deadline so that you don't get asessed any penalties. ;)👍

And with all that said...

Good luck, and good racing to all of you!:sly:👍​

Round3Qualifying.jpg

Round3Sprint.jpg

Round3Feature.jpg

Round3DriversPoints.jpg

Round3IndependentPoints.jpg

Round3TeamPoints.jpg

Round3NationsCupPoints.jpg

15 laps!! If the cars were having trouble doing 9 at suzuka, I don't think there is any way we can run that much without a pit stop. I guess what remains to be seen is if we can do 10 for the sprint race. This should be fun, with different stop strategies.

Ooh, the Cote! This should be interesting! Will I pit in the sprint race? Or try to battle through with dying tyres? Also, a question concerning a likely scenario an the penalty. Will we get a penalty (and therefore have to do a drive through the pits) if the car collides with the wall? I know it happens when colliding with other cars (all too well:ouch:), but I didn't get a chance to "test" this in Midfield or Suzuka.

💡

TO THE PLAYSTATION! AWAAAY!! *swoosh*

:D:tup:

Aye, you will if you hit it hard enough a glancing blow, or even a soft frontal!:ouch:

It's a pain, but a nesc rule.👍
I personally (and everyone who knows me well enough, knows this too) never submit a time with ANY kind a penalty in it. Also, I have my PS2/GT4 set to 'Speed Penalty' permanently. No matter what the admin of the series states.

This is so I can pick up a penalty straight away - 'start button', 'exit', 'yes', puff on a rollie, 'start race'.
Even when there is only one lap left in a lonnnnnng race, I will do this. (Did it in my own series last week after an hour and 15 mins of Le Sarthe :crazy: )
And as I never 'blah - blah', I am not breaking the rules, as my time will always be 'clean'

But that's me.:cool:
I don't think I am above the rules at all ( Honest! ), it's just I hate having the stress of the "did I hit that wall too hard, or not?" feeling every time I approach the pits if I have scuffed a wall, or been 'squeezed' into one by the AI.
I'd rather know straight away.

Neil
231160gy2.gif

Oh this is going to be a hard one. I don't really like the tight corners here but since this is where the Clio has the advantage (in terms of handling and acceleration) the AI is going to eat my dust! (or so i thought until i hit the wall at the Laras-Gas hairpin! :ouch:) well good luck to everybody, i hope to see how fast you would go here. Maybe even getting a 1'12.XXX here should be no problem..... (i think)

Maybe even getting a 1'12.XXX here should be no problem..... (i think)

I hope you are just talking about the sector 2 split, and not the time for the whole lap!! Even so, I tried a few laps yesterday and could manage only in 1'16s. I can do better, but don't think I would be able to make it to 12s...

I hope you are just talking about the sector 2 split, and not the time for the whole lap!! Even so, I tried a few laps yesterday and could manage only in 1'16s. I can do better, but don't think I would be able to make it to 12s...

Well i think those Hungarians would pull it off..... ;)

Well i think those Hungarians would pull it off..... ;)

Actually you are right... they probably would be able to pull it off!! What do they feed those people out there :irked: :bowdown:
May be SammiTougeGirl is also a Hungarian in disguise!! 💡

I've managed early 1'14's and 1'13's should be possible for me. But 1'12's - I think not, atleast for me! For the Hungarian contingent - Don't be surprised if they do !
Good luck at Cote everyone 👍

Happy racing,

nige

Actually you are right... they probably would be able to pull it off!! What do they feed those people out there :irked: :bowdown:
May be SammiTougeGirl is also a Hungarian in disguise!! 💡
Thats just it... to win, you have to think Hungarian.:sly:

Just had to do some minor open wheel surgery! Needed to replace to micro switch for the left paddle.

Now the wheel is feeling much better, and I have managed to do some laps here.

Best final split so far is a 1:14.122

Don't think I have the 'Hungarian' gene :(

Neil

Just had to do some minor open wheel surgery! Needed to replace to micro switch for the left paddle.

Neil

OMG: 1.14 is good. i cant get under 1.17..........maybe my actual painkillers(benzos) are afecting my driving skills........oooo i sure miss thoose THC(as painkillers) days.

Neil

Neil iv been having a double up shift problem my self now for the past few months, so iv been using the stick. Any chance that is what you have been getting and it is possible to fix????

Cheers Mike

OK then. I'm going to post some splits. No doubt they will be bettered by somebody better than myself. But who cares, I'm having fun with this one. It's just a shame I can't afford the time to put serious effort into it.

T1 - 27'954

T2 - 1'13.893

Edit : Just had another short session. Improved my T2 split to

1'13.766

Edit : Nearing the end for today :

T1 - 27'744

T2 - 1'13.724

Last splits for today:

T1 - 27'741

T2 - 1'13.3xx

Happy racing,

nige

After F1 qualifying its going to be race time :D
Times sent earlier today LOL :lol:

I was about to submit my times when I noticed that the feature race was 15 laps, thought it was only 12.

TS
I was about to submit my times when I noticed that the feature race was 15 laps, thought it was only 12.
Guess it was a good thing you double-checked, huh?:dopey: Fortunately for you and the rest of the Clio Cup drivers, there's less than 24 hours(as of this post) for you to get the times submitted for this round. I have received 4 submissions so far, and I would love to see some more.;)👍

Just tried the feature race, it's kinda hard when you're really tired, I had about three penalties (at best)... I also have three assignments due this week (that I know of). Best split that I can remember is either low 1'15s or high 1'14s :ouch:. So nige, don't worry if you can't get the golden 1'12 split time like the Hungarians, you're doing pretty well :) I need more parctice...and sleep...and less 🤬 homework...
Well, that's enough complaining from me for now, I'd better do some more work, then I can go racing again! :dopey:

Neil iv been having a double up shift problem my self now for the past few months, so iv been using the stick. Any chance that is what you have been getting and it is possible to fix????

Cheers Mike

Sorry Ren-Tec! Only just spotted this!

Yes you have the same problems I did. The cure is easy enough if you have a little skill with a soldering iron.

All you do is go to your local 'Radio Shack' or Maplins and get TWO of the little square micro-switches
kr89vuh2.jpg
that are used for the paddle switches.
Here's the link to Maplin for an example!

You pry off the front logo-plate (it's just stuck on with foam-tape), be careful if you want it to go back on nicely. Ignore the allun screws (they are a red herring)
Then use a Philips/cross-head screwdriver (preferably with a magnetic head) to remove the 4 screws that hold the wheel onto the base.
Gently remove the wheel and seperate the wiring block-connector.

Put the wheel down flat and remove the 12-13 screws that hold the casing together, gently seperate and undo the block-connector on the PCB.
Then remove the TWO screws that hold each of the PCB's into the casing.

Using solder tape or similar, remove the solder from each of the 4 legs of each switch, remove, replace, re-solder.

Re-assemble in reverse order.

DONE!

Neil

Time submitted to CAMikaze

Well i got a few things to say. First of all, i wish i had more time to do this race. I totally forgot all about this race and only started on Saturday. Then like i still didn't get used to the track, so most probably my Qualifying would be bad. Then the race was just plain awful :ill:. The track is nice, but my tire wouldn't grip properly and took ages for the tire to warm up. The feature race was a disaster!!!! Not only did my tire not grip but when my tire was just right, it started to wear out fast :ouch: Then after i did a pit stop, my tire didn't even warm up!! (took about 3 laps before the tire is green) and by that time i lose so much time, only to get a drive through penalty! :mad: And to make it worse, i finished 2nd...... 👎

Its déjà vu of my awful run at Infineon. Oh how i wish it didn't happen.....well i'll be finishing last, thats for sure.... :(

Attention Clio Cup Racers:

Round 3 Results have now been posted! :D

Congratulations go out to Carlito for taking Pole Position, as well as Fantomas40 for sweeping both the Sprint and Feature Races. :)👍

And a well deserved shout out goes to RACECAR for his best performance of the season to date joining the aforementioned drivers on the podium for both races. And speaking as his teammate, it looks like you gave a good boost to the team cause there.:sly:👍

Ahem... :embarrassed:

I'll get the point totals sorted out later on today and get the Round 4 thread posted soon afterwards. Hope you're all ready to tackle the Hill! Apricot Hill that is. ;)

Sorry I missed this race! Didn't even touch the PS2 since Thursday, and hardly came online at all.

Feeling much better, now running 7 out of 8 pots, still got the miss-fire!

Neil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back