Tokyo Xtreme Racer 2025

I could see R.Gangs making the upgrade, given their backstory was that they used their cars for mountain racing originally but then their leader made the very questionable decision to move to the Shinkanjou, which is almost all straight lines, and thus left them easy pickings for all the other teams in that area that were tuned for top speed runs. No doubt they'd want a change of leadership and some more powerful vehicles after a debacle like that.

I could see R.Gangs making the upgrade, given their backstory was that they used their cars for mountain racing originally but then their leader made the very questionable decision to move to the Shinkanjou, which is almost all straight lines, and thus left them easy pickings for all the other teams in that area that were tuned for top speed runs. No doubt they'd want a change of leadership and some more powerful vehicles after a debacle like that.
R. Gangs using the newer GR86 makes sense. IIRC, the leader in TXR3 switched to the AE111 because of that very fact they kept getting picked off in the Shinkanjou.

The lore was pretty vague if you ever played Zero. Three was where you could pull up a team's history/synopsis which was kinda nice.

Did pretty good explaining why teams drove the cars they did.

Last edited:
The lore was pretty vague if you ever played Zero. Three was where you could pull up a team's history/synopsis which was kinda nice.

Did pretty good explaining why teams drove the cars they did.
1 had almost nothing, 2 had a bit of backstory for drivers and wanderers, Zero was really just 2+ for PS2 (which I went back and played 2 a while ago and noticed the Playstation face button symbols on the charater sheet...it was Dreamcast only.) 3 is my weakest one of the main series as I finished 1 and Import Tuner Challenge, but the latter is also good for some lore, even if licensing messes with the timeline a bit.

Should probably try the Drift games again too.

The Japanese version of Zero seems to have a little more substantial lore to it. It doesn't add anything really new compared to the North American release, but it goes a little more in-depth with rival profiles, which gives a few extra details about some of the racers.

Mind you, that's based on me playing only a tiny bit of the Japanese version, and using Google Lens as a translator.

Japanese version,
Localization TXRD2 and somehow we:

-Never got the Gemballa Boxer
-Never got any of the Slasher / Boss liveries

And I can't confirm it, but I keep hearing that Zero had actual cutscenes for each stage clearing.

Localization TXRD2 and somehow we:

-Never got the Gemballa Boxer
-Never got any of the Slasher / Boss liveries
Straight-up, those are the main reasons I bought the NTSC-J version of TXRD2. At some point I need to get around to playing it. :lol:
And I can't confirm it, but I keep hearing that Zero had actual cutscenes for each stage clearing.
Indeed it did, albeit only in the Japanese version, annoyingly. The story told in said cutscenes (when looking at translations) is just as endearingly over-dramatic as any other entry in the series.

Last edited:
For those outside of Japan, here's a good wiki to help you understand the "original" TXR series scenario.
This wiki was probably set up by someone outside of Japan, and they have listed the JP version of all the rival profiles for the TXR series.
You can probably find more information by opening the JP version rivals page on this wiki and using Chrome's web page translation feature or a translation service such as deepL.

I've been thinking. Since we know the Levin is being shown this week. Should we get a poll running on what's next in line?

Even if it's gonna be a call to arms to get Honda?

bandicam 2024-10-17 16-04-31-495.png

bandicam 2024-10-17 16-04-37-965.png

AE86 revealed.
And next week it's the Subaru Impreza WRX (GDB, Hawkeye)!

bandicam 2024-10-17 16-04-44-341.png

I'm very happy to see the Corolla Levin looking spectacular. And the Impreza.....YES! Another Star is back!

By the way, shouldn't the first post be edited to confirm the cars that are currently announced for the game? The confirmed ones are:

Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II (R34)
Toyota Supra RZ (A80)
Mazda RX-7 Type RZ (FD3S)
Toyota GR86 RZ
Toyota Corolla Levin GT-APEX (AE86)
Subaru Impreza WRX (GDB)

Last edited:
I'm very happy to see the Corolla Levin looking spectacular. And the Impreza.....YES! Another Star is back!

By the way, shouldn't the first post be edited to confirm the cars that are currently announced for the game? The confirmed ones are:

Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II (R34)
Toyota Supra RZ (A80)
Mazda RX-7 Type RZ (FD3S)
Toyota GR86 RZ
Toyota Corolla Levin GT-APEX (AE86)
Subaru Impreza WRX (GDB)
Fairlady Z also since that was in the poll. Not sure on the gen though.

I guess that means Another Star's potentially coming back as a team. 👀
What was their counter for Evos? Top Level? Wonder if the Evo X is used for them (If they return) or if maybe something else is used here.

That said, I had a thought a bit ago. What if some of the older teams are disillusioned with the modern scene and cars, so only one or two remain as new wanderers in their original cars?

Fairlady Z also since that was in the poll. Not sure on the gen though.
It has yet to be confirmed though!
Could you imagine if they just went ham with it? Devil Z returns, beat them...and then a NEW Devil Z appears, kicking you in the face and giving you another tier to battle.

That said, I had a thought a bit ago. What if some of the older teams are disillusioned with the modern scene and cars, so only one or two remain as new wanderers in their original cars?
Well, it occurred to me that we don't even know for sure if they're going to have any continuity with the older games given how long it's been. They might just do a soft reboot of the backstory with this one, considering they're not adding any byline to the game title. Or possibly they might just not even bother at all, but I sure hope that's not the case since it would take away a lot of the flavor the series has always had.

What was their counter for Evos? Top Level? Wonder if the Evo X is used for them (If they return) or if maybe something else is used here.

Could you imagine if they just went ham with it? Devil Z returns, beat them...and then a NEW Devil Z appears, kicking you in the face and giving you another tier to battle.
Top Level yes. There's Commander too but they drove both.

And I definitely think that'll make the game more interesting. TXR3 did it with Unlimited and Neolimited

And if the Evo does drop, why not just add No Loser

Last edited:
Back