Tokyo Xtreme Racer 2025

I could see R.Gangs making the upgrade, given their backstory was that they used their cars for mountain racing originally but then their leader made the very questionable decision to move to the Shinkanjou, which is almost all straight lines, and thus left them easy pickings for all the other teams in that area that were tuned for top speed runs. No doubt they'd want a change of leadership and some more powerful vehicles after a debacle like that.

I could see R.Gangs making the upgrade, given their backstory was that they used their cars for mountain racing originally but then their leader made the very questionable decision to move to the Shinkanjou, which is almost all straight lines, and thus left them easy pickings for all the other teams in that area that were tuned for top speed runs. No doubt they'd want a change of leadership and some more powerful vehicles after a debacle like that.
R. Gangs using the newer GR86 makes sense. IIRC, the leader in TXR3 switched to the AE111 because of that very fact they kept getting picked off in the Shinkanjou.

The lore was pretty vague if you ever played Zero. Three was where you could pull up a team's history/synopsis which was kinda nice.

Did pretty good explaining why teams drove the cars they did.

Last edited:
The lore was pretty vague if you ever played Zero. Three was where you could pull up a team's history/synopsis which was kinda nice.

Did pretty good explaining why teams drove the cars they did.
1 had almost nothing, 2 had a bit of backstory for drivers and wanderers, Zero was really just 2+ for PS2 (which I went back and played 2 a while ago and noticed the Playstation face button symbols on the charater sheet...it was Dreamcast only.) 3 is my weakest one of the main series as I finished 1 and Import Tuner Challenge, but the latter is also good for some lore, even if licensing messes with the timeline a bit.

Should probably try the Drift games again too.

The Japanese version of Zero seems to have a little more substantial lore to it. It doesn't add anything really new compared to the North American release, but it goes a little more in-depth with rival profiles, which gives a few extra details about some of the racers.

Mind you, that's based on me playing only a tiny bit of the Japanese version, and using Google Lens as a translator.

Localization TXRD2 and somehow we:

-Never got the Gemballa Boxer
-Never got any of the Slasher / Boss liveries
Straight-up, those are the main reasons I bought the NTSC-J version of TXRD2. At some point I need to get around to playing it. :lol:
And I can't confirm it, but I keep hearing that Zero had actual cutscenes for each stage clearing.
Indeed it did, albeit only in the Japanese version, annoyingly. The story told in said cutscenes (when looking at translations) is just as endearingly over-dramatic as any other entry in the series.

Last edited:
Back