Happy New Year! 2014.Year of the Horse!

• Thread starter W3H5
  • 56 comments
Massive Spring Festival bump. Ha

Happy Chinese New Year which will commence Friday the 30 of January this year.

(Chinese) New Year's eve today so I'm planning to throw my bike on a ferry across to tropical Hainan island and sit on the beach and watch the fireworks with a case of beers and some Guns and Roses on the playlist. Can't wait!

Happy Chinese New Year!

It's the Year of the Horse

And since this is an automotive-related forum...

b1f919837d25ac3b18980bc14293a68a.jpg

Ford-Mustang-Logo.jpg

Gong Xi Fa Cai
Xin Nian Kuai Le

Another round of meeting family members I don't really care fore, but at least they're giving away money.

Happy Chinese New Year everyone! Don't suppose anyone would mind me calling it the Year of the Horsepower...

You forgot one.

11914_4887_large.jpg

Umm...alright, maybe I should have included that.

But they don't make any more Broncos, and even though many are still around, they're more like a thing of the past, which doesn't really correspond to the "new year" thing. I guess we can symbolize posting the logo as a new hope for its revival.

Should the horse emblem of the Pinto and other cars I'm not recalling be posted as well? :lol:

Anyway, the horse emblem post was half-serious.

Still, happy Chinese New Year to anyone who celebrates it. Back home I have relatives of Chinese descent, including my grandparents, uncles, and aunts, and we used to celebrate it by visiting their homes, saying Gong Xi Fa Cai, wishing them health and prosperity, etc. By tradition, the elders and married couples are supposed to gift red envelopes filled with money to those who are younger. Right now, I'm in the US as a college student, so no big meetups this year.

Back