Help GTPlanet fight Alzheimer's again this year!

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 25 comments

Jordan

Site Founder
Administrator
United States
United States
GTP_Jordan
GTP_Jordan
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This promotion is now over, but it was once again a resounding success!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As many of you probably remember, last year at Christmas time we hosted our first every philanthropic event here at GTPlanet. It was a resounding success, and we, as a community, raised $600.00 for the Alzheimer's Association! As I mentioned last year, the effort to fight Alzheimer's is a personal one for me, as I lost my loving grandfather to the disease just a few short years ago. I also know that many of you around the site have also had to experience what a tragedy Alzheimer's can be, and I hope that you won't hesitate to help out again this year. :)

About the Alzheimer's Association
Alzheimer's is a heartbreaking disease which affects millions of people every day. It begins with short term memory loss, and slowly progresses until even the most basic mental functions are impossible. Anyone who knows a victim of the disease knows how horrible it can be when loved ones are no longer able to recognize family members, even their own children and spouses. The Alzheimer's Association fights the disease on both fronts, spending its resources on research and development along with support and care for victims and their families.

Why GTPremium Lifetime?
A GTPremium Lifetime subscription provides you with all the benefits of GTPremium for an indefinite period of time, requiring no further payments or fees. Priced at $49.99, $25 will be donated to the Alzheimer's Association, and the remaining $24.99 will be used to fund your subscription. Of course, because all Alzheimer's Association donations are matched by another charity fund this year, they will receive the full $50 of your subscription price. This offer is available to everyone: even if you already have GTPremium, I encourage you to take this opportunity to upgrade. If you have a Lifetime subscription but still want to help, take advantage of our gift subscriptions and surprise one of your friends!

How do I sign up?
It's very simple - just sign up for a GTPremium Lifetime subscription on this page as you normally would, and the payment will be divided up automatically. After the deadline, I will update this thread to show the total number of money we have raised as a community. :)

This special promotion will last until 11:59 PM (Eastern Standard Time) on December 27, 2007. I look forward to your help this year, and I hope you are all enjoying your time with loved ones this Christmas!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This promotion is now over, but it was once again a resounding success!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've been thinking about jumping back into GTPremium, so I guess now's the perfect time. Done. :)

Thanks, Blake! :) Enjoy your new Lifetime subscription, Danoff!

As I've said before, Jordan, very sorry for the loss of your grandfather. My grandmother just passed away the Friday before last - at age 96. It wasn't due to Alzheimer's, or any disease, but now I truly know what it feels like to lose a family member. It's absolutely devastating. Merry Christmas to you, and your family - same goes for everyone else on here. Take care.:)

Jordan, is there any way we can donate those 25 dollars without recieving GTPremium lifetime?

I don't kow how long I'll even be around GTP...But I'd be glad to donate, if this is possible?

And a 👍 for the Association :cheers:

My grandpa has Alzheimer's and it's mighty hard on the family since we are all pretty close. I was happy to donate to the cause, so Happy Xmas Casio and I do hope we can raise quite a bit of money thing year.

I commend you for doing this Jordan.

Jordan, is there any way we can donate those 25 dollars without recieving GTPremium lifetime?

I don't kow how long I'll even be around GTP...But I'd be glad to donate, if this is possible?

And a 👍 for the Association :cheers:

You could buy a GTP Premium membership for someone else.

Hey Jordan. I just tried to purchase a lifetime subscription, but I'm not sure if it went through OK.

I'll PM you about it. :)

*EDIT* - Judging by new badge and red title, I think it did! :D

My grandpa has Alzheimer's and it's mighty hard on the family since we are all pretty close. I was happy to donate to the cause, so Happy Xmas Casio and I do hope we can raise quite a bit of money thing year.

I commend you for doing this Jordan.

Wow. Thanks I don't know what to say!

Alzheimers is hereditary in my family too, and my grandpa is getting worse by the month. I'll definitely see what I can do in terms of a donation 👍

As I've said before, Jordan, very sorry for the loss of your grandfather. My grandmother just passed away the Friday before last - at age 96. It wasn't due to Alzheimer's, or any disease, but now I truly know what it feels like to lose a family member. It's absolutely devastating. Merry Christmas to you, and your family - same goes for everyone else on here. Take care.

Josh, I can't thank you enough. You made the most contributions last year with our promotion, and you have really outdone yourself this year! My deepest condolences for the loss of your grandmother - especially during the holiday season. I am sure that she would be proud of your generosity now. :)

As Mark T pointed out, you can by a subscription as a gift for another user and $25 will go towards the Association. Of course, you can always give to the Alzheimer's Association directly!

Jordan, did my subscription go towards this? It was sometime early last week.
No, I'm sorry Eric, this only applies to subscriptions purchased between December 25 and December 27.

My enter key got jammed when I had PayPal open - took a few minutes before I figured it out!:scared:

$50 goes to the Alzheimer's Association, and $24.99 goes to GTP, per subscription... couldn't think of anything better to do with some electronic fiddy's!💡

My enter key got jammed when I had PayPal open - took a few minutes before I figured it out!:scared:

$50 goes to the Alzheimer's Association, and $24.99 goes to GTP, per subscription... couldn't think of anything better to do with some electronic fiddy's!💡

Josh, I just want you to know that your contribution to this forum is enormous and I truly respect what you're doing here. And Jordan, raising hundreds of dollars for a good cause is quite an achievement. Thumbs up to both of you for your work.

I wasn't alone! Can't forget about Wolfe, Blake, Joey D, ferrari_chris, and all the other fine folks around here who possibly donated! It's everyone involved that makes these things a success - not just one person.

Don't even get me started on the mods/admin around here who contribute day in day out all year long.

I own a printing company in Florida and have been doing all the printing for the "Alzheimer's Association Gulf Coast Chapter" for most of Florida. A great organization with good people. Every year I add up what they spent with me and I donate 10% of my gross sales back to them. I also volunteer at their walks and other fund raising events. I already have a Premium subscription but will donate more thru GTP.

Any word on the final sum of the donation Jordan? It seems like quite a few Premium memberships were handed out over the past few days.

Thanks for helping out, Drew22, and thanks for all that you do to help the Alzheimer's Association. I am shocked to report that we completely blew away last year's results, with exactly 20 Premium Lifetime Subscriptions purchased during our promotion!! This equals a $500 donation to the Alzheimer's Association, and because this donation will be matched, they will receive a total of $1000 thanks to our efforts. I can't believe what outstanding results we have achieved here, and I just can't thank you guys enough. Once again, the majority of Lifetime subscriptions were purchased as gifts for other members, bringing unexpected holiday cheer to many of you! Josh also played a large part in the success of this promotion and he is certainly deserving of a pat on the back from us all. :) Amazing work, guys! I don't think I could ask for a better community! :D

Thanks to everyone who helped, and like last time thanks to Jordan for doing this. I don't know about you guys, but without this I might have missed my chance for my one good deed for the year!:lol:

Wow, that’s awesome! Great job Josh, I’m not sure how much you donated but you definitely deserve a round of applause. Not just for this year, either. You have been a huge part of the success of both these promotions and I think you’ve done a great thing—not just for the Alzheimer’s Association, but also for this community.

I’m really proud to be on a board as great as this, a lot of people helped out and it really shows how great this community really is.

Thanks to Jordan, too. It really is a very selfless thing you did by running this. Invisible +rep. ;)

I'm glad my meager contribution could go to a good cause (not that Jordan and GTP weren't good enough of course).

Well done to everyone who contributed. :)

Latest Posts

Back