Help GTPlanet Fight Alzheimer's Disease in 2009!

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 36 comments
I'm in.

My Grandmother suffered from Alzheimer's Disease. Its not only tough for them to cope with, but its just as difficult for their loved ones too.

Thank you Jordan for this opportunity to not only join into the ranks of Premium membership, but to donate to a worthy cause in the process.

[payment sent]

This year's promotion is officially over, and we have raised a total of $275.00 for the Alzhiemer's Association! While we weren't able to break last year's crazy record, this will still provide a lot of help to a very important organization. With the global economy in such dire shape, charitable donations have dropped considerably, so our collaborative efforts should be especially appreciated. It is also interesting to learn about GTPlanet members who are or have experienced the same thing that I have, and I am glad this fundraiser provides an opportunity for all of us to open up in a different way.

Thanks again to all of you who supported this - may your gift be returned to you many times over in 2009 and beyond! :D

That's pretty impressive considering the global economic climate. And as my mom always says with her Relay for Life, "the next dollar raised could be the one that finds the cure."

We brought in $500 in 2007, and the donation was matched by a third-party. So, in total, $1000 was contributed to the Alzheimer's Assocation.

Good job, Jordan. Glad to see you still doing this.

I can't believe I forgot about it, though.:( Guess that's what I get for hardly coming around these days. If I don't forget next year I'll try and make up for my absence this year.

Back