Help! Random "An error has occured" uploading svg file

• Thread starter MoSchlo
  • 7 comments
United States
United States
Hoping someone can help me out with this.

I've tried everything I can find in other posts, but I have a very simple vector based svg ver 1.1 file that is 13kb in size that I can't seem to upload. I keep getting the very helpful error of "An error has occurred."

In the past, when I've gotten this error I've been able to re-export from Inkscape and delete unnecessary code from the .svg file in TextEdit (I'm on a mac) and eventually I'd be able to upload the .svg file. This particular file, a simple "Solid State Logic" text logo, seems to be stubborn. To make matters worse this wasn't even a bitmap converted to vectors, but an original vector based logo I found on the interwebs...

I've attached the svg file here if anyone has an idea of what the problem could be.

Thanks!

Attachments

• SSL_logo.svg
    12.9 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Nothing wrong with the file as far as I can see, Uploaded with no trouble on my end.

Try another browser or computer would be the next step.

Possibly try running it through SVGOMG.com, that will clean up some issues without the operator needing to understand what was wrong. I put any decals I have trouble with through it and most get fixed.

Thanks. Was using Firefox to upload. Chrome had no issues. Very strange. Any ideas why some files upload fine via Firefox and others don't? The troubleshooter in me really hates not knowing what the issue was...

Possibly try running it through SVGOMG.com, that will clean up some issues without the operator needing to understand what was wrong. I put any decals I have trouble with through it and most get fixed.
Yeah, I had tried that as well. Apparently it was an issue with using Firefox to upload, though I can't for the life of me understand why some svg files are fine and this one wasn't...

Yeah, I had tried that as well. Apparently it was an issue with using Firefox to upload, though I can't for the life of me understand why some svg files are fine and this one wasn't...
Strange indeed, I have used Firefox to upload from my phone before. Glad you are sorted anyway.

Probably nothing to do with this, but the one time I had the most headscratching at a failing decal. Encoding of the file was in UTF-16, rather than UTF-8. I only mention it because I think firefox has some option to identify this, whereas it's not the most straightforward thing to detect otherwise.

edit: meant to add, it's not hard to do wrong accidentally on a PC if your editing with notepad and tabbing through menus quickly (I assume similar on the Mac)... in Coreldraw, it's literally about two keystrokes, so I've done it a few times.

Last edited:
Back