Help with the FGT in GT5

Hello there. I have recently started a new save of GT5 on which I am trying to reach 100% completion. I have never gotten 100% before. I am looking for a general estimate of where the FGT could appear in the used car dealership. I know I could have a chance of getting it by winning all the endurance events, but I would like to know when it appears in the dealership. I'm making this post because, to be honest, I'm lazy to look through countless old forums searching for the answer. So if anyone could help me determine the days of when the FGT appears in the UCD that would be much appreciated.

Hello there. I have recently started a new save of GT5 on which I am trying to reach 100% completion. I have never gotten 100% before. I am looking for a general estimate of where the FGT could appear in the used car dealership. I know I could have a chance of getting it by winning all the endurance events, but I would like to know when it appears in the dealership. I'm making this post because, to be honest, I'm lazy to look through countless old forums searching for the answer. So if anyone could help me determine the days of when the FGT appears in the UCD that would be much appreciated.
There are over a million possible seeds that vary the UCD order, so when it appears for one person will not be the same time it will appear for yourself unfortunately. You just have to keep checking and hope you have enough Cr to buy it in the brief period it's available. Unless you are interested on modding the game, then you can have it appear in the new dealership or whatever.

I am looking for a general estimate of where the FGT could appear in the used car dealership.
Oh No Omg GIF by The Office

There are over a million possible seeds that vary the UCD order, so when it appears for one person will not be the same time it will appear for yourself unfortunately.
So, yeah. There is a possibility that, being billions of days long, you may functionally never see the car. The Online Car Dealership (OCD) was introduced in part to fix this oversight, but when GT5's online service shut down it disappeared.

In essence, the list is billions (two... or four, I forget) of days long but pre-set. Your start position on it is effectively randomised but uses seed values from - as I recall - your User ID and console ID, so you'll always start at the same point on that account on that console, but a different point on a different account on that console or on that account on a different console.

This does allow you to use multiple consoles to get different lists. Or rather appear at different points on the list.

It is possible to look up where you are on the list through several resources, but they're pretty manual these days as the automated resources have all shut down or the websites expired. This is a raw list in Google Docs, and you can find out where you are through the top six cars in your UCD:

From there you can find when any car is likely to appear next. Don't forget you'll also need to be at or above the level required to own the car too.

GT5 sucked in this regard.

Latest Posts

Back