How come i start in 18th when i finish quali in 13th?F1 2010-2016 

• Thread starter Greisen
  • 9 comments
Denmark
Denmark
Greisen
Hey dudes, just doing the valencia grand prix today. I finished in Q2 in 13th place. Then the race started and i noticed that i am starting in 18th. How come? Havent got any grid penalties or anything?

Clearly 5 places penalty, maybe You didn't noticed when You got one.
Could be in Q1 or Q2

Penalties can be awarded from blocking other cars or crashing into them.

That sounds about right. I have penalties on realistic and if you so much as bump a car off the track lol you get a penalty. I want to say my driving has improved since racing on realistic, but c'mon let's be realistic LOL.

You shouldn't run on realistic, its far too unfair. Drive thru penalties for any slight bumps, a single corner cut, its far too harsh.

That sounds about right. I have penalties on realistic and if you so much as bump a car off the track lol you get a penalty. I want to say my driving has improved since racing on realistic, but c'mon let's be realistic LOL.

If you bump a car off track then you deserve a penalty. In real life, the only way to avoid it is if the stewards felt it was clearly an accident, but the game has no way of distinguishing between accident and purpose. This is why you get a penalty. In most cases, in real life a penalty would be awarded for it, so if you don't like it, don't set it on realistic.

I have my settings on realistic and don't have any problems.

You shouldn't run on realistic, its far too unfair. Drive thru penalties for any slight bumps, a single corner cut, its far too harsh.

It's not too harsh. You should know how easily penalties are given in real life Peter. You're a fixture in the race threads, so that suggests that you are a "hardcore" fan rather than casual. Sometimes the game gives penalties to the victims and sometimes it gives penalties even in the case of an extreme accident. The very presence of human players is the reason for this. It would be truly impossible to code a 100% fair penalty system, when the game has to judge the reactions of a human player. We don't all play the game the same way.

I have penalties on realistic. But i havent got any penalties. When there were 2 mins left i noticed i could just do one more flying lap and during it i spun out. Hmm.. :D

If you bump a car off track then you deserve a penalty. In real life, the only way to avoid it is if the stewards felt it was clearly an accident, but the game has no way of distinguishing between accident and purpose. This is why you get a penalty. In most cases, in real life a penalty would be awarded for it, so if you don't like it, don't set it on realistic.

I have my settings on realistic and don't have any problems.

You misunderstood my post. I was not saying that I didn't like how the game is on realistic, I do. What I was saying is that I have not become a better and/or cleaner driver against the AI since playing on realistic.

You misunderstood my post. I was not saying that I didn't like how the game is on realistic, I do. What I was saying is that I have not become a better and/or cleaner driver against the AI since playing on realistic.

Well surely the penalties will convince you to drive more carefully?

Yes the realistic setting is making me drive more carefully but I have a problem negating my aggressiveness on the track, resulting in me getting more 5 place penalties and stuff like that. It will take more time but eventually I will be able to get back to where I was before the realistic setting. I haven't played this game online since getting a wheel for this exact reason.

Back