How is it possible GT7 multiplayer is this garbage?

• Thread starter HornetX1
  • 0 comments

HornetX1

(Banned)
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Obviously we've got the update coming out probably this week, maybe even tomorrow with store refresh/when updates often get pushed through for tonnes of games.

But I've seen no acknowledgement from PD about one simple truth: The multiplayer has gone backwards compared to GT Sport.

• They've made it way harder for the likes of Kudosprime to track stats effectively
  • There's no way to see how many points are up for grabs each race in FIA events (A good way to immediately know if you were essentially wasting your time, OR of you were in a great lobby with a lot of points on the table)
  • There seems to be more frequent issues with black screens in qualifying, or just general poor quality lobbies even on PS5
  • Custom lobbies are a massive failure right now with no host migration, no kick features, no ability to change a lobby in any way once it's launched... So you have to remain at the same track the whole time with the same vehicle settings.

The whole online part of the game is the main reason I play, even though I grew up with GT games, GT7 doesn't feel anything like those & is nowhere near as good imo, but I expect that to change over time & at least they've acknowledged that side of the game.

I haven't seen anything about MP improvements, and it makes sense why they were so quiet about MP leading upto the release, they knew it was utter trash & tried to hide it from us.

They could literally have just ported the same MP over from GTSport & i would've been fine with that, because it's an improvement over the hot garbage we have right now.

Custom lobbies are an embarrassment, I don't know how that was allowed to happen, the inability to make adjustments to a lobby once it's started? Unbelievable.

Ita not just the substantial things though, it's the tiny things like the ability to check an FIA races point distribution... Why would you remove the ability to view that? It just makes no sense how they've taken so many backsteps.

Back