How PD can mess up the Spec 2.0 update

• Thread starter slims
  • 50 comments
United States
Denver
slims246
• Simplified interior views added to all standard cars.
In order to inject some fun Kaz has made the cockpit silhouettes different colors, from black, to green to orange to pink. You can also use your paint chips and paint the silhouettes

• User control of the weather change feature.
In addition to rain and snow there will be hail, tornado and flood. Flood will make the Schwimmwagen quite useful.

• Settings sheet which allows you to save multiple car settings.
This is just a sheet that allows you to look at multiple car settings in one place. You thought you could have different settings on one car? Nope!

• New Spec 2.0 opening movie.
2 hours long, cannot be skipped.

• Improved UI response and usability.
Audio recordings for each menu item for the visually impaired.

• Replay forward/rewind.
No fine tuning here, you can only rewind to the start of the replay and fast forward to the end.

• Mid-race save feature for endurance races.
You can only save at the exact midpoint of the race. So for 24 hour Enduros that's at exactly 12 hours. You cannot save at 12 hours and 1 second, you only get one opportunity.

• Expanded online lounge features (narrowing down car types, shuffle races…).
We know what you want to drive. Shuffle races will now only consist of X2010s, Veyrons and detuned LMPs all on Racing Soft tires.

• Expanded Photo Travel features (you can now take photos of cars together with your avatar).
If you wait too long to take the shot your avatar gets bored and walks away into the scenery. You will have to go find him before you leave though, if not you won't be able to race anymore. Oh and he's quite the hider.

• Added “NASCAR Pit Scene” stage to Photo Travel.
You'll have to unlock it by getting all golds in the NASCAR special events and the A-Spec and B-Spec NASCAR races.

• Added 11 new 2011 NASCAR models.
They're all standard cars.

• Added the Nissan GT-R N24 Schulze Motorsport (the car in which Kazunori contested the 2011 Nurburgring 24 Hours).
It's a standard car too and can only be driven in the Nurburgring 24 hours endurance race.

• Improved physics and artificial intelligence.
It's a well known fact that the AI is rubbish. PD decided to build on that. The AI will now do things such as spin out more often, swerve for no reason and drive down the track backwards and in reverse.

PD has also added super extreme hyper realistic physics which make even real life driving seem as realistic as Need For Speed. To experience these improved physics is easy. You just have to go online...on the 'Ring...with a full lobby of 16 players...all in R35 Nissan GTRs...that are black...and manual...with no driving aids...at 2am EST...with all users PS3s connected via ethernet. Oh and you have to have on Sports: Extreme Physics tires but unfortunately they aren't available until the Spec 3.0 update

• Support for the Logitech G25/G27 steering wheel.
Support yes but not full support. You can only turn right, there's gas pedal support but not brakes. But don't worry, you can still honk the horn and flash the headlights.

If you couldn't tell, I'm just having a bit of fun. I'm really looking forward to this update and can't wait for all the new features. So please don't come in here and moan about how there's no livery editor or how you can't put a body kit on your Volvo 240GL. Post some of your funny ideas. :)

Lol wait till Sunday night to postpone it another month.

Honestly though I'm so excited for some of this I can't bring myself to think of possible screw ups lol

• User control of the weather change feature.
In addition to rain and snow there will be hail, tornado and flood. Flood will make the Schwimmwagen quite useful.

Hey i want this.

They could mess it up by not beefing up their server bandwidth, causing every single user who wants the update to download at dial-up speed for most of the rest of their natural lives.

Until at 99%, where they get an unknown DNS error.

Hold on.....

Anyone else tired of the word "hater"? It reminds me of a 90's rap song, is overused and unintelligent. Let's evolve a little...

I'm looking forward to everything PD has to offer us. Good fun OP, I enjoyed the read.

Spec II looks absolutely awesome, but in the unlikely event that PD somehow does not impress me enough when it finally cones out, then I'll be off to Forza. 👍

Spec II looks absolutely awesome, but in the unlikely event that PD somehow does not impress me enough when it finally cones out, then I'll be off to Forza. 👍

Why the constant jump ship threat. I remember Forza fans use the same sentiment- eg. If the Ultimate Collection cars aren't made available to current owner of FM3 we'll ditch the game and move onto GT5.

The news is that if you own both consoles, you can play either (just not at the same time although that's quite possible as well). But the truth behind all this threats is nothing more than a narcissistic engineering- like an ammo a 5 year old would use towards his/her divorced parents.

Ok, I'll join in on the fun.

• Simplified interior view added to all standard cars.
Not really an interior view, still a hood cam but you can see the back seat through a rear view mirror.

• Added 11 new 2011 NASCAR models.
But they're all cars from the Bush Series.

• Added the Nissan GT-R N24 Schulze Motorsport
But it can only be used in one make races, in arcade mode.

• Improved physics and artificial intelligence.
The AI will now use their horns when they think you should pass them.

• Expanded Photo Travel features (you can now take photos of cars together with your avatar).
If you wait too long to take the shot your avatar gets bored and walks away into the scenery.

:lol::lol:

So please don't come in here and moan about how there's no livery editor or how you can't put a body kit on your Volvo 240GL. Post some of your funny ideas. :)

Wait what?? Has it already been confirmed there'll be no livery editor? I know the addition is unlikely, but I was really hoping on that one...

Back