How to increase top speed?

• Thread starter gamez4life
  • 13 comments
Hey new to the game, bought a GTR, relatively cheap but good, and put full mods on it, so highest turbo etc, its acceleration is very very good however its top speed limits at 196, and other cars start catching up on the straights, is there anyway to increase this,

If there is a way to tune it to increas it, can anyone tell me the setting and what to buy?

thanks

Transmission - 20k fully customizable one, that actually isnt fully customizable, but yeah. You can adjust the final ratio of the gears through that.

Transmission - 20k fully customizable one, that actually isnt fully customizable, but yeah. You can adjust the final ratio of the gears through that.

any tips on what gear ratios though, thats the problem i dont have a clue when it comes to modifiying cars, gear ratio, dampers, ride height etc dont have a clue what makes it a better car

Does changing gear ratios even alter the top speed surely changing them just makes it reach whatever speed you want quicker?

its the circuit de la sarthe i want to optimize it for if that helps, also its a nightmare to handle under braking anything i can do to help that? I bought medium racing tyres, still i cant brake and turn as it loses control

Does changing gear ratios even alter the top speed surely changing them just makes it reach whatever speed you want quicker?

its the circuit de la sarthe i want to optimize it for if that helps, also its a nightmare to handle under braking anything i can do to help that? I bought medium racing tyres, still i cant brake and turn as it loses control

Yes changing the gear ratios will help big time.

For your second question have you added any body modifications or just engine upgrades?

Adding modifications such as, Rigidity improvement, Suspension and a Limited slip differential will help with taking corners at a higher speed.

Last edited:
I bought an '07 GT-R from the dealership, install all possible mods, added front Aero lip, dropped down the springs.

Mine is running at a Max Speed of 225 MPH with 864 HP.

any tips on what gear ratios though, thats the problem i dont have a clue when it comes to modifiying cars, gear ratio, dampers, ride height etc dont have a clue what makes it a better car

as far as i know you cant mod ratios one by one you can only do final gear its self explanatory when you try it yourself

In the tuning section of your garage there will be a little yellow question mark above each option. Clicking that tells you what changing each setting does and gives tips on whether to make your settings higher or lower depending on what you want (e.g. increased handling, speed etc.)

Hi pal, on the braking side of things there's a couple of things you can do quite easily to increase stability. The first is buying yourself a brake balance controller, then go to your car settings and increase slightly the frontal bias, ie. have it set 6 to the front and 4 to the rear. (My ZR1 is 7 to the front 4 to the rear) this will drastically increase braking stability, but beware, increasing the front bias will cause the car to lean forwards more and therefore causes an increase in understeer.

Secondly, a limited slip differential can help to stabilise the car, with the same affect that if you increase it's value too much understeer will increase.

Hope this helps.

Well I am currently at school but yeah when I get home I'll list the specs.

In general I went to the tunning shop, took of all possible weight,, carbon fiber hood, reduce glass weight.

Also, tuned up engine to third stage alongside third stage turbo.
I added the Aero Front Lip from GT Auto and change the wheels to 5 Spoke.
I bought the the most expensive springs and dropped the car as much as possible and increasing the spring by 1 point each (to offset low height).

Put Racing Mediums and increased the breaks by 1 point in the read and 2 points in the front.

In regards to handling, it was wonderful before the weight reduction but it didn't go 225. Once I took off all the weight then it went faster but harder to corner.

That's why the breaks and tires are important.

Hope this helps

To be honest, if we are able to take off our spoiler, this would make your car go so fast in a straight line, perfect for those wanting high top speed

Back