How to multiquote after post is made?

• Thread starter JDM_GT7
  • 5 comments
If I already make a post. Is it possible to go back and add quote in the editting of the post? if so how?
Click "Reply" on the post you wish to quote - or highlight a section of it and click the new "Reply" pop up if you only wish to quote a section of it - to create a fully formatted reply in the Post Reply box.

Type your reply out. Copy the whole thing (Ctrl+A [or Cmd on Mac], Ctrl+C).

Go to your original post and click Edit. Paste (Ctrl+V) beneath your original reply.

However, if you're quoting more than one post before yours, as seems to be the case, using the multiquote feature is more sensible.

Click "+Quote" on every post you wish to quote (or again highlight sections of them and click the new "+Quote" popup), and then "Insert Quotes" to create fully formatted replies to each in the Post Reply box.

You can now type a reply to each individually, and all users quoted get a notification that they have replies to their posts.

can you mutliquote into an editted post?
Yes, by doing the same thing for one reply but for several. Copy, paste.

However, if you're quoting multiple posts made before yours you should be using the multiquote feature to construct your post before you send the reply.

However, if you're quoting multiple posts made before yours you should be using the multiquote feature to construct your post before you send the reply.
but can you use mutli quote after you make the first post?

This forum is the clunkiest forum I have used BTW

but can you use mutli quote after you make the first post?
Yes. Like I just said:
can you mutliquote into an editted post?
But also as I just said, you shouldn't be replying then reading more of the posts before yours, then replying to those then reading more of the previous posts, and so on. Use the multiquote feature to quote posts as you read them, then reply to them.

Otherwise you might make an entirely redundant reply to something that has already been answered in the intervening posts you didn't read the first time round.

Back