2024 NFL Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 392 comments
I'm straight up having a good time. I know the Titans are bad, but I still enjoyed the hell out of the way we played today, especially on special teams.

Let me touch up on other scores from today so far...

* As mentioned by Blitz24 and kjb, the New York Jets fell again this season, 25-22 at the New England Patriots. Both teams are now 2-6.

* Omnis' Miami Dolphins held down the visiting Arizona Cardinals... until Arizona banged a game-winning field goal with time expiring. Miami sings the blues on their 28-27 fail.

* Joey D's Detroit Lions had no problem whacking the visiting Tennessee Titans 52-14. The Lions are now 6-1 on the year, while the Titans are now 1-6.

* Green Bay sank the Houston Texans at home last week on a game-winning field goal. They won at the Jacksonville Jaguars in the same fashion. The Packers secured a 30-27 victory off of the leg of Brandon McManus.

* Cleveland ain't never scared of no Ravens! The Browns stunned the Baltimore Ravens 29-24 in Cleveland. It's a big win for the Brownies. Cleveland goes to 2-6, and the Ravens fall to 5-3. The Ravens were one of four teams who came into this week with a four-way tie in the AFC standings with a 5-2 record.

* One of the other 5-2 teams playing was the Buffalo Bills. In their trip to the Emerald City, the Buffalo Bills sparkled like diamonds with a convincing 31-10 victory over the Seattle Seahawks.

* Super Bowl LIX will be in New Orleans. The way this season has been going for the New Orleans Saints, the Who Dat? Nation may not get to enjoy their team make the Playoffs. Well, things got worse for the Saints after getting pounded last time at home against Denver. The final was 26-8 in favor of the Los Angeles Chargers.

* From Who Dat? to Who Dey?, Dolph Drago's Cincinnati Bengals hosted the Philadelphia Eagles. The Eagles flew out of Cincinnati with a 37-17 victory. The Bengals fell to 3-5 overall and have an 0-4 record at home.

* Despite late game magic, the Las Vegas Raiders couldn't upset the Kansas City Chiefs. Kansas City leaves Las Vegas with a 27-20 win and improve to 7-0.

* Denver was none too kind to the Carolina Panthers. The Broncos won 28-14 at home. Carolina is now 1-7 on the season.

* Tampa Bay held an NFC South showdown as the Dirty Birds from the ATL flew into Tampa Bay. The Atlanta Falcons won 31-26.

* Just wrapping up at the time of this post, the Chicago Bears played at the Washington Commanders, and the game ended 18-15 in favor of the Washington Commanders.

Before I end this post, I wanted to make a point about that Vikings at Rams game from Thursday Night Football. It's absolutely asinine how a flag wasn't thrown after that one Rams player got all kinds of facemask on the Vikings QB. It ended up being a Safety that extended the Rams' lead, and ultimately became a 30-20 victory for LAR. It's probably one of the biggest officiating fails in NFL history. It was almost as bad as the "Fail Mary" game with the replacement referees.

Coming up... DAL Cowboys at SF 49ers. And tomorrow, it's NYG Giants at PIT Steelers.

So I'm in this King of the Mtn. pool with a prize of $200,000. After the Ravens fell the remaining picks went from 20 to 15 (started with 2,300 picks). I lost one of my picks sadly. The Ravens had no business losing to the Brownies today, how many dropped INTs were there with one in the end zone? And that drop for 40 yards where the ball bounced off his helmet - I can only chalk it up to divine intervention :lol:

Jerome

Back