Hybrids vs. Standards...down but not out!!

It was a bit different and a pleausre last night non the less :cheers:.

Doh...I got the cars mixed up, but then were you holding back at Autumn Ring & Tsukba? Untouchable at Grand Valley East and Nurburgring GP, but believe it is the nut behind the wheel :D.

Now granted I did have a little aero advantage on both (Autumn & Tsukba) tracks. It was lowered to the minimum of 5/5 from the stock package. But, it was a bit porkey (max 200kg added) and had to turn the motor outpout to 97% IIRC to get into PP500.

You handled '69 Corvette very well and 100% confirmed you race very cleanly :bowdown:! JKT008 and you could have some serious side by side racing but based on how smooth you drive, you should always edge it out.

So would running PD supplied cars via RM against the modded cars be acceptable? Almost brought out the Lexus IS-F RM :lol:

I only have one other car at this point, an NSX for 550PP that I'm not sure what was done to it, but it's fast, then again all NSX's are fast aren't they?...lol. I'm working on getting something for the 71 Mustang and any other muscle or vintage car I can find, but they are hard to match due to their size.

Was that a white NSX Type R '02 and has Turbo on it ? If it was, it has Twin Turbo high rpm kit transplant and NSX LM Proto Chassis, I should get Ferrari to borrow the car too :)

I experimented with grip increase, check my post on hybrid showcase photomode thread, I had the green Camaro RM with 2.5 times grip, it does wheelies, stoppies, and 2 wheels on every corner then rolls over :crazy: max tuned just like in teh FITT Nurb GP/D shootout but now the PP bumped to 800+ :lol: Undriveable but good for giggles.

It was a bit different and a pleausre last night non the less :cheers:.

Doh...I got the cars mixed up, but then were you holding back at Autumn Ring & Tsukba? Untouchable at Grand Valley East and Nurburgring GP, but believe it is the nut behind the wheel :D.

Now granted I did have a little aero advantage on both (Autumn & Tsukba) tracks. It was lowered to the minimum of 5/5 from the stock package. But, it was a bit porkey (max 200kg added) and had to turn the motor outpout to 97% IIRC to get into PP500.

You handled '69 Corvette very well and 100% confirmed you race very cleanly :bowdown:! JKT008 and you could have some serious side by side racing but based on how smooth you drive, you should always edge it out.

So would running PD supplied cars via RM against the modded cars be acceptable? Almost brought out the Lexus IS-F RM :lol:

I didn't hold back in the Vette, the lag kept me from getting to close to you and I couldn't get cleanly by on the straight. Bit of an oversteer issue which I fixed at Tsukuba. Not the fastest car but fun to drive.

At this point any kind of combination is fine. The PP system will handle the downforce and power upgrades well enough. All I want to avoid is someone getting so high in HP that PP starts to go backwards and they end up with 3500 HP. It'll be undriveable but annoying enough to watch for 1 race until they get punted.

Was that a white NSX Type R '02 and has Turbo on it ? If it was, it has Twin Turbo high rpm kit transplant and NSX LM Proto Chassis, I should get Ferrari to borrow the car too :)

I experimented with grip increase, check my post on hybrid showcase photomode thread, I had the green Camaro RM with 2.5 times grip, it does wheelies, stoppies, and 2 wheels on every corner then rolls over :crazy: max tuned just like in teh FITT Nurb GP/D shootout but now the PP bumped to 800+ :lol: Undriveable but good for giggles.

I don't think there was a turbo but there was 35/60 downforce I believe. I lowered it to minimum and it seemed good to me.

That makes the grip multiplier pretty much useless then and I would assume the power multiplier too since it uses the same scale. Best we don't get into any detail though about the editing as it's not allowed on GTP. :scared::nervous:

It has downforce, so i am pretty sure the NSX has a turbo, check the gauges on the bottom right or go to hood view for the loud bov sound :) I'll be sharing the Camaro RM and another Acura NSX Twin Turbo, this time with higher boost turbo kit that focuses on top end powerrrr and stock everything else - including stock chassis !!! :D

Try the Premium Mustang GT '07 for great sounding V8 with the stock exhaust.It also has a very good torque curve and HP peaks at redline.

These are all good options for V8 engine swaps,stock exhausts.
N.A.
4.6L Ford
5.0L '69 Camaro Z28
5.7L LS6 from '04 C5 Vette and C6 Vette
4.2L Izuzu (good find JP)👍
4.5L Infiniti FX45

Turbos
4.2L Audi R8
4.2L Audi RS6

Try the Premium Mustang GT '07 for great sounding V8 with the stock exhaust.It also has a very good torque curve and HP peaks at redline.

N.A.
4.6L Ford
5.0L '69 Camaro Z28
4.5L Infiniti FX45

Turbos
4.2L Audi R8
4.2L Audi RS6

Thanks iForce. Add the C8 Laviolette to that list. Not sure of the specs but it'll get in the high 500's HP for sure and it goes like stink and sounds like the Ford GT LM. The little Isuzu is a good one for keeping under 400 hp without using any multipliers.

Too busy tomorrow (Wednesday that is) night but work permitting I'd like to take another crack at opening a room on Thursday night.

It has downforce, so i am pretty sure the NSX has a turbo, check the gauges on the bottom right or go to hood view for the loud bov sound :) I'll be sharing the Camaro RM and another Acura NSX Twin Turbo, this time with higher boost turbo kit that focuses on top end powerrrr and stock everything else - including stock chassis !!! :D

Now it makes sense:dunce: I kept looking for it in the tuning menu of some of the cars you put up and didn't see it, didn't realize it was on the car but not in the menu:banghead:...lol.

If you go to the tuning sheet page on right bottom, you will see the turbo listed there :) It's hidden on the main page, as the car not supposed to have turbo available.

Johnnypenso
I'm actually giving some thought to a weight minimum in most races otherwise at all the short to medium tracks and Nurb, the Elise based cars will just dominate. They are already faster than anything else at 450-500 PP so we won't gain any knowledge running events where Elise based tunes just dominate the field. I would think we would run them sometimes, maybe have entire nights dedicated to them, I just wouldn't want this to become an Elisefest if you get my drift:sly: I'd like to see a lot of variety.

My 600pp CSL RM absolutely dominated a Lotus 111R RM with a V8 swap and a well-tuned Aventador at the Nurb last night. I'm definitely interested in bringing it along for some solid racing. I think it's adjustable down to 500pp.

Johnnypenso
The Ring is possible, keep your eyes peeled.👍

I tune and test all of my Hybrids at the Ring, just like they [automotive brands] do in real life, so this would be my track of choice for seeing what cars can pass muster. :-D

N.A.
4.6L Ford
5.0L '69 Camaro Z28
4.5L Infiniti FX45

Turbos
4.2L Audi R8
4.2L Audi RS6

Add the 427 Cobra too

I swapped it into a F150 [I try to keep engine swaps within a manufacturer but that's just a personal preference]. Sounds great and goes great.

The Z06 LS6 is a great match for the C3 Vette Convertible.

I was in a Hybrid room last night. A couple actually and had a great time. Had some runs in my Civette against a Sick 200sx with a RB26DETT swap. Side by side down the X Straight hitting 240mph out of the draft. it was great.

I Was in a great room called "Engine Swap Racing" Restricted to 700pp and all aids off (aside from ABS cus everybody seems to use it) It was fast clean fun racing. Running at Indy Road Track we were hitting 1.22:XXX lap times on average, the guys in the room all running super clean, no rear end bumping, people actually used the breaks to avoid impacts. Many lead changes throughout the races, it was very competitive. I had a better experience then in the No Hack rooms.

I have renewed faith that with this style of Hybdriding trending its bringing GT5 to a higher level. Most people can get by on what the game has to offer, but there are some of us that do this stuff for real and personally I don't understand why GT5 has no engine swap options out of the box, so I have no remorse for doing what I want with my property.

The non hack rooms I've been in seem to have 2 guys in the lead all the time and the rest of the pack swapping spots far behind, its as if nobody in those rooms likes to have normal drafting because its SO EVIDENT when Its turned down as Drafting don't make a difference, or at least not as not as much as it should. Its fun still, but I like a race that's more competitive among the field, Drafting at least at the normal setting I guess upsets the leader of the pack because it becomes racing not just running consistent hot laps... That's just how I sees it.

I also don't get the odd restriction combos in reg rooms. Sport Softs, Active Steering, grip force recovery, and ABS? The Active Steering, grip force recovery and ABS turn Sport Tires into Racing tires lol

Last edited:
Going to give it a spin again tonight, work permitting...probably around 8. I'll post the room number here.

Again it'll be 500 on SM's and 550 on SS tires, anything goes at this point, except any car that has so much HP that it starts to go down in HP doesn't belong here, sorry.

EDIT: Just rolling in from work...room should be up by 9. Will post room number as soon as it's available

Room up;

1472-6118-3658-4758-1475

Room Closed..thanks to everyone that showed up!!!!

Last edited:
I'll add you tonight Johnny, I'd really like to try racing some of my hybrids. I can understand why you don't want ridiculous hp, I have a Audi Le Mans Quattro with 2,000 hp and 506PP and it's very quick around the track and easy to drive, I think most cars are contollable up to about 3,000 hp, at least I have no problem driving them.

I'll add you tonight Johnny, I'd really like to try racing some of my hybrids. I can understand why you don't want ridiculous hp, I have a Audi Le Mans Quattro with 2,000 hp and 506PP and it's very quick around the track and easy to drive, I think most cars are contollable up to about 3,000 hp, at least I have no problem driving them.

:confused: 2000HP @ PP506?

That is not reasonable against a PD supplied car. I'd have no chance against it even I could go up to PP600 vs your PP500.

Talk about missing the point of this....

Is there an on track advantage to hybrids?
Want to build a regularly tuned car and trounce a field of hybrids?
Want to build a world beater hybrid and beat the crap out of GT5's best tuned, pre-hybrid cars?
Just want a place to race your realistic hybrids against all comers?

Keep in mind we aren't talking about 3500 hp/550pp cars and the like, just cars that are "realistic" and we will police it as best we can with PP and HP based limits.

:rolleyes:

The point of this is to make PP based cars without cheating the PP system so it's fair for all, hybrids and non hybrids..

...snip....

Couldn't have said it better than Paul. Sorry Montez, take a look at the OP and you're welcome to race if you bring something more along the lines of what I'm looking for. And take note of the tires. Unless we make it up to 700 PP one night, which is possible, we'll never get to RS tires. 500 is Sport Mediums.

ROOM UP!!!

1472-6118-4130-9224-1174

Title is "CLEAN500SM600RH"

EDIT:

Room Closed...called in to work..might re-open later..

Last edited:
I'm interested, always wanted a place to race my realistic hybrids against others

I might pop on tonight after Deadnuts...around 9:30. Got a few creations I'd like to try out. Not necessarily the fastest cars but should be fun to drive. 👍👍

That's EST time? I might show as well.

I've got 412013 hp Viper ready for 400 PP.

That's EST time? I might show as well.

I've got 412013 hp Viper ready for 400 PP.

Funny guy..luckily I've got a 501,354 HP Corvette to challenge that!!💡 You might be able to keep up in the draft:sly:

Yes it's EST, guess I should specify..I just assume this is the centre of the universe and everyone should know:dunce:

Hope you got the Amuse 380RS in time to try it too :D

Just passing by the house, haven't logged on yet. Will do when I get home.

Hope you got the Amuse 380RS in time to try it too :D

I got it but haven't driven it. It was set at 57x PP I believe. When I removed parts and detuned it to 550PP I believe it was 47x HP and 1300+ kgs. Has some downforce but I suspect it won't be any faster than anything else at that PP level given those specs, although I'm sure it'll be a nice drive on many tracks.

I am interested, of course, but tonight isn't the night for me :)

I'll probably be on tonight for a while, testing and tuning in a Hybrid room, and racing if we get enough people to show up. Keep an eye here for further info.

1472-6118-3658-4759-2794​

Not my room, but it's realistic hybrid friendly and I'm there

EDIT: Room closed. Bloodredsky runs 500-600 PP rooms usually on SS or SM tires and it's realistic hybrid friendly as well. If you see him online, join in!! Some interesting cars there.

Chuck Norris EDIT: We aren't out of business yet!!!

Last edited:
Do you see the latest news on PD's hybrid stance as a realistic threat?

I reloaded my pre-hybrid save just in case to see how it would play out over the weekend. Looks to me like it's just the Seasonals/TT's they are worried about so I've reloaded all my hybrids. At this point, I don't care if I get banned. Hybrids completely revived my interest in GT5 and once you're into it, it's hard to go backwards. I don't have the schedule to be able to run regular series easily so it's Deadnuts on Monday and Car of the Month on Tuesday and random availability most of the time. I know a guy or two that run hybrid friendly rooms, I'll open one when they aren't around...that's enough for me at this point.

Back