Hyundai announce "N" performance division, nabs EX Head BMW M division engineer in the process.

Elantra N is a bit pricier than I would have hoped. That's over $5000 more than a new WRX.
Its also faster than the WRX. Won't pop headgaskets and has a better warranty. 🤷‍♂️
 
It would be nice to see him stay on to work on some N electric cars that focus on a good fun driving experience. But as the ICE era is coming to a close, it looks like he's moving on.
They already have been, one of the test bed cars is electric.

 
Someone from my Elantra Sport group went to look at an Elantra N and was given this.

1641768001083.png


Which is fairly common among dealers right now and down right disgusting. The car, as good as it is, is not worth that. Greedy bastards.
 
Truly a clown world we're living in with dealer marked-up car prices. $45k for an Elantra, $60k for a Type R, and $100k for a C8 these days.
 
Someone from my Elantra Sport group went to look at an Elantra N and was given this.

View attachment 1104777

Which is fairly common among dealers right now and down right disgusting. The car, as good as it is, is not worth that. Greedy bastards.
They're trying to cash in before the impending market crash and halt of car sales lol. People who are buying overpriced anything right now either need it that bad or are morons.
 
Ioniq 6 N teased? That wing seems a bit too much for a road car, but we'll see. Edit: Or is it a Ioniq 6 N Concept or an additional performance package for the N?

1657050011783.png
1657050025370.png
1657050018129.png



 
Last edited:
Pretty excited about whatever is under that sheet with the big wang. It's giving me Ford Mustang GT3 vibes. Is another Hyundai/Genesis sports couple coming to fruition?
 
Ioniq 6 N teased? That wing seems a bit too much for a road car, but we'll see. Edit: Or is it a Ioniq 6 N Concept or an additional performance package for the N?
Unsurprisingly, it's a Concept.


Screenshot_2022-07-13-18-48-47-790_com.instagram.android2.jpg.webp
 
I'm not seeing a street car with that. My guess is that it will replace the Velosters they currently use in the ETCR series.
 
I'm not seeing a street car with that. My guess is that it will replace the Velosters they currently use in the ETCR series.
I'm not sure. That interior seems to be pretty much stock. An ETCR car wouldn't keep those 2 big screen on the dash and it doesn't seem to have a roll cage. Don't think it's meant to be in a race series, atleast, not in this state. However, I could see it being the next RM. After the RM20e, an RM22e based on the Ioniq 6 wouldn't be too surprising I think.
 
Last edited:
After the RM20e, an RM22e based on the Ioniq 6 wouldn't be too surprising I think.
Well damn, I was pretty close with that one. :P


They also revealed a Hydrogen concept as an hommage to the Pony.


Oh and the Ioniq 5 N is announced for 2023 with some of the technologies from the RN22e. I'm expecting a drift mode from that e-TVTC system.
 
Last edited:
That 74 is like an M1, original 240RS, SilEighty hatch, all in one. Pretty dang sweet. Yes, please.
 
I found a teaser of the Ioniq 5 N in the video.

 
Last edited:
My god the N Vision 74 looks retro cool.

Screw the RN22, that Vision 74 needs to be in GT ASAP.
Screenshot_20220715_095750_com.google.android.youtube.jpg


Check out the tags. Maybe they will be in GT.
 
Last edited:
Back