I need longer screws on fanatec Clubsport v2 pedal faceplate

• Thread starter racydude
  • 7 comments
Canada
Canada
Hi fellow racers, I'm looking to bring the pedals closer to me without shifting the pedal base, so I'm thinking of adding a thicker block between the pedals and the levers. Does anyone have the original screw specifications?

Hi fellow racers, I'm looking to bring the pedals closer to me without shifting the pedal base, so I'm thinking of adding a thicker block between the pedals and the levers. Does anyone have the original screw specifications?
I'd probably suggest going to the local hardware store with one of the screws and see what size it is (M5, M8, etc.) Then, just add the depth of the 'block' to the necessary length of the new screw. It doesn't need to me exact, if there's a little extra out the back it'll be fine as long as it doesn't hit anything upon full load of the pedal.

Jerome

Hi Jerome , I'm looking at the alley key labeled as CR-V 4mm that fits the screw. Can you help me figure out what size screw it will fit? maybe i could just order it online to save a trip if possible!

The key sizes aren't standardized to thread sizes at all. Real life example - I have three short M5 screws here on my desk, all from bicycle bottle cage mounts. One needs a 3 mm, one a 4 mm and one a 5 mm Allen key.

Hi Jerome , I'm looking at the alley key labeled as CR-V 4mm that fits the screw. Can you help me figure out what size screw it will fit? maybe i could just order it online to save a trip if possible!
I'm not sure. I have the v3 pedals, they may be different(?) Like Grey said, they aren't standardized unfortunately. So you're best bet would be to measure how long of a screw you need with the block installed, visit a hardware store with one of the screws, use the yellow/black Metric block to see what size of the screw it is (M3, M4, M5?) and get that in the length you need. As for the allen key portion, since you are at the hardware store, pickup a metric allen key set ;) My set has gotten lots of love these last 10+ years and easily my most used tool in my garage.

Jerome

Latest Posts

Back