IGN says GT5 Trailer was all realtime

• Thread starter deep_sky
  • 31 comments
The E3 trailer was like the same as the trailers from the prologue. It is partial gameplay and partial cinematic. But I think we can all believe the graphics are from the same level. I'm still hoping that Polyphony Digital surprises us with Porsche, Bugatti and Lamborghini including when releasing the game.

I'd say there's a lot to point to the Subaru scene being run on the engine, (if not necessarily in real-time on one PS3,) due mostly to the way textures are mapped and filtered onto the car, as well as the animation of the front wheels turning; although I suppose the latter could be lifted.

It doesn't look to me as though the two NASCAR racers actually touch, or maybe that ought to be "should have touched" - but it is close, and the #24 kinda pauses as the #14 comes through, but it had just fully re-mounted the banking by that point after getting a bit airborne on the right-rear, too.

I personally think the Citroën scene was an AI test (notice how everyone ends up on the grass!) and they (the devs / publicity team etc.) thought it looked pretty cool and whacked it into the vid. Disabling collision detection to test the AI is probably sensible in some situations, and the Citroën clearly "clips" through the 'Vette.

Not trying to flame here... but isnt this nit picking a bit... :) I know he strives for perfection... but what Ive seen has exceeded my expectations... and little things like that will be overlooked when you have 700 cars and 96 tracks to play with :D Or am I just blabbing out of my a**? :dopey:

Back