In game issue with GT5 in RPCS3

• Thread starter Raisen
  • 5 comments
Argentina
Argentina
Hello. 1st time here. I need help with a problem in RPCS3 with GT5.
For some reason, the game looks like this both with and without the Master Mod. Other than that, the game runs perfect in framerate and all. There is any way to fix this issue?

Is like the entire track looks fine but not the cars.
1714152261089.png

Here is another image of how it looks in game, as it has this weird stretch inside but the road looks perfect
1714153641943.png

Sorry to revive a thread with one foot in the grave, but I also have this same issue. I've attached screenshots of the GT menu and my RPCS3 settings!

Attachments

• RPCS3 GT5 (7).png
    RPCS3 GT5 (7).png
    79.9 KB · Views: 1
  • RPCS3 GT5 (6).png
    RPCS3 GT5 (6).png
    17.5 KB · Views: 2
  • RPCS3 GT5 (5).png
    RPCS3 GT5 (5).png
    23.7 KB · Views: 2
  • RPCS3 GT5 (4).png
    RPCS3 GT5 (4).png
    38.6 KB · Views: 2
  • RPCS3 GT5 (3).png
    RPCS3 GT5 (3).png
    34.8 KB · Views: 3
  • RPCS3 GT5 (2).png
    RPCS3 GT5 (2).png
    50.1 KB · Views: 3
  • RPCS3 GT5 (1).png
    RPCS3 GT5 (1).png
    27.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot 2024-07-01 201213.png
    Screenshot 2024-07-01 201213.png
    139.8 KB · Views: 3
  • RPCS3 GT5 (8).png
    RPCS3 GT5 (8).png
    48.9 KB · Views: 2
Your settings seem fine.

Go into the games custom configuration folder, it should be located in the folder where RPCS3 is installed, then config\custom_configs and look for the file for GT5, if you aren't sure open RPCS3 and look for the serial for the game. The file will be the called config, then the serial number .yml. I.e. config_BCES00569.yml

Open the file using notepad and scroll down until you see Resolution just under the Video heading. If the resolution is not 1280x720 change it to that, save and try to boot the game again.

If it's still not working, it might be worth checking if your monitor is set to an unusual resolution. But I don't think it should be that.

Failing the above, delete the config file for the game and then create a new custom config and hopefully that should work.

Last edited:
Your settings seem fine.

Go into the games custom configuration folder, it should be located in the folder where RPCS3 is installed, then config\custom_configs and look for the file for GT5, if you aren't sure open RPCS3 and look for the serial for the game. The file will be the called config, then the serial number .yml. I.e. config_BCES00569.yml

Open the file using notepad and scroll down until you see Resolution just under the Video heading. If the resolution is not 1280x720 change it to that, save and try to boot the game again.

If it's still not working, it might be worth checking if your monitor is set to an unusual resolution. But I don't think it should be that.

Failing the above, delete the config file for the game and then create a new custom config and hopefully that should work.
Alright, so those steps didn't work out, but it did lead me to figuring it out! Thanks for the help :D

It's a community aspect ratio patch that is set to 32:9 by default for some reason. For future patrons of the Real Driving Emulator, try this:
  1. Right click on GT5 in your RPCS3 game list and click "Manage Game Patches"
  2. Under your installed patch version (v2.11 for Master Mod), disable the aspect ratio patch for 16:9 screens
  3. Apply, save, and enjoy!
I may play around with this patch to see if I can't get it running on my CRT monitor though...

EDIT: Setting default resolution in RPCS3 to 720x576, aspect ratio 4:3, and enabling stretch to display area in RPCS3 provided most of the desired effect on my CRT without touching that patch. Keep in mind that those are not the recommended settings and might cause issues, but for now I'm gonna bask in the nostalgia.

Last edited:
Back